over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

greatdane owners

zavian7495

Banned
any great dane owners on here, there the greatest dog ever i think anyone whos ever had one will never want any other kind of dog

I have always wanted one, but I just don't have the room for one.

They seem like such well mannered dogs.

We just got a blue male a few months ago, sweetest dog ever. Not sure about other Danes but he CRAVES attention, has to be right next to u all the time, loves to cudddle, pretty much a giant lap dog. After having him I wouldn't have any other breed. I'll try to get pics later, works busy busy!!

Ive had 2 of them in my life and they are great dogs. The big drawback for me is there short 8-9 yr life span.

I had one. Great personality very well mannered except for thinking that he is a lapdog. Always jumped in my lap any chance he got. Horse sized lapdog basically LOL.

We have an awesome intact male...He weighs 185-190 lbs, the fella gets more attention in the back of my truck, or out on walks than Arnold would walking around, its crazy how much people love him......Very gentle and unenergetic most times, unless another dog nips at him, then he turns very aggressive very quick, and they are fast , tough buggers also...Originally bred to hunt wild boar ....

Had then ever since I can remember. Before I was born. My mom was a small breeder, but stopped after my sister and I were born...However the dogs were still always around, we had Black's, Blue's, Harlequin, Mantle, Fawn, Brindle's and even a Merle. sometimes 2 or 3 at a time..my mom loved them..we also had 60ac of land and plenty of room for them to run and feel free...They are great dogs will protect you with "there life"..my mom use to tell me the dogs would not let strangers near us as kids..if you got to close the dogs would sure let you know with a deep growl. If you heard the deep growl it really makes you think twice esp if you don't know the dogs disposition. They are protective, genital giants, love attention, friendly 90% (depends how raised), loyal and well obedient under the correct training.
The only negatives is they only live about 7-10 years on average..eat lots of food and cleaning up the back yard after all the number 2's...

one of the best dogs around. i have had 2. both were great dogs. one i just put down due to blood cancer. i have a small son and the dog is great with him.

yea im about to breed mine now hes getting older so i def wanna carry on and have his son. there so much easier to train they never piss or crap in the house and i think best house dog ever

I have 2 right now. I have a 3yr old Mantle female and a 7yr old Merle male. Best dogs in the world. They are lap dogs like everyone says.

Had then ever since I can remember. Before I was born. My mom was a small breeder, but stopped after my sister and I were born...However the dogs were still always around, we had Black's, Blue's, Harlequin, Mantle, Fawn, Brindle's and even a Merle. sometimes 2 or 3 at a time..my mom loved them..we also had 60ac of land and plenty of room for them to run and feel free...They are great dogs will protect you with "there life"..my mom use to tell me the dogs would not let strangers near us as kids..if you got to close the dogs would sure let you know with a deep growl. If you heard the deep growl it really makes you think twice esp if you don't know the dogs disposition. They are protective, genital giants, love attention, friendly 90% (depends how raised), loyal and well obedient under the correct training.
The only negatives is they only live about 7-10 years on average..eat lots of food and cleaning up the back yard after all the number 2's...

yea im the same my mom is still a breeder and it def sucks that they only live about 8yrs

I have 2 Danes, brother and sister. They are wonderful dogs. We feed them a raw diet (meat & bone) and you would not believe the muscle they carry! We have ten acres so they run all over and look like race horses on EQ! Lol

We also recently added a pit bull terrier to the pack and they are great dogs as well. They get a bad rap by the media.

my sister had a great dane. aside from the horse size dumps, she loved him.

I had a wonderful black male; he was relatively small 140-145 lbs, and the most loving dog I've ever known. He was very over protective of the family though, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem with his Danes. He would not tolerate any strangers coming into the house, unless they were let in. Great Danes require a lot of love and attention; they are not dogs that will be happy just laying in the yard alone, they need a lot of human contact, which like many have said makes them horse sized lap dogs.

I had one as a kid. If you're into giant dogs they are a good choice as almost all have a solid temperament with family and kids. If you're looking for a guard dog that does more than look scary they will disappoint you. The short lifespan was really what turned me off of the breed.

Sweet dogs but I find them to be more of novelty thing.

I had one as a kid. If you're into giant dogs they are a good choice as almost all have a solid temperament with family and kids. If you're looking for a guard dog that does more than look scary they will disappoint you. The short lifespan was really what turned me off of the breed.

Sweet dogs but I find them to be more of novelty thing.

yea for a guard dog they suck there just there for intimidation factor.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member