Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Shawn Ray

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Ronnie Coleman

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 20 14.4%

• Total voters
No Doubt. You would have to be 300+lbs to match a competitor at 5'9" 260.
But day in day out off stage, 6'2" 260 @ 6% Wins all day long!!!
ALPHA!!!!!!!

I voted for Coleman.

However a great bodybuilder that I think gets overlooked due to his height was LEE PRIEST esp in the 1999-2000 era.

Loved Lee Priest when I first started lifting in high school. Of course I had the RC posters, but Lee had his right next to him. I guess being a short white guy, I could identify more so with him than RC lol
Loved watching the old RC vids, that guy lifted insane poundage like it was just another day for him. Still amazed when I throw the dvd in at how easily he moves the weights, just unbelievable

Arnold is the greatest of all time on many levels.
  • He had a classic physique - incredible chest
  • The discipline of bodybuilding was the foundation for his success, and to he has never abandoned it

How may other bodybuilders can make that claim? None...

either serge nubret or lee haney

or bob paris

or edgar fletcher

I only said Arnold as thats the best option out of the poll given by OP.

Heavens just fell on LS's nomination right here ..

Bob Paris and Serge Nubret...

Black Panther reminded me something...

An up and coming Labrada was competing in a show where serge also happened to be competing.

So backstage labrada saw serge eating a chocolate bar so he went up to him and said innocently , " are u not going to get fat eating that".

Serge and people surrounding serge burst out in hysterical laughter.

Serge said " do you want to see fat" ?

Next serge went on to pull his shirt up and give a little show to Labrada of his abs.

and Labrada said i had not seen someone 'wiggle' their abs like that .

literally

what mastery and control! The great Labrada smiled sheepishly. He was so mesmerised and inspired.

that was serge with his thousand situps a day protocol as if it was nothing.

I use to do 1000 situps a day in my younger days. I had a 28 inches waist and a great vacuum. By the end of it i would be pouring sweat as if i had done 30 min on stepmill. I could hold a vacuum as if i had donated my viscera to a organ donation centre and did not have nothing inside me.

When i stopped doing that came my fatness and shit went downhill.

anyway not the time for me to bitch about my fatness.

we miss u Serge.

#RIPtheBlackPanther

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
I only said Arnold as thats the best option out of the poll given by OP.

Heavens just fell on LS's nomination right here ..

Bob Paris and Serge Nubret...

Black Panther reminded me something...

An up and coming Labrada was competing in a show where serge also happened to be competing.

So backstage labrada saw serge eating a chocolate bar so he went up to him and said innocently , " are u not going to get fat eating that" ?

Serge and people surrounding serge burst out in hysterical laughter.

Serge said " do you want to see fat" ?

and Labrada said i had not seen someone 'wiggle' their abs . literally
what mastery and control. The great Labrada smiled sheepishly. He was so mesmerised.

so children's that was serge with his thousand situps a day protocol as if it was nothing.

I use to do 1000 situps a day in my younger days. I had a 28 inches waist and a great vacuum. By the end of it i would be pouring sweat as if i had done 30 min on stepmill. I could hold a vacuum as if i had donated my viscera to a organ donation centre and did not have nothing inside me.

When i stopped doing that came my fatness and shit went downhill.

anyway not the time for me to bitch about my fatness.

we miss u Serge.

#RIPtheBlackPanther

Arnold was an amazing gene freak. He broke his entire body down to a science. There were a few others Lou and Priest were a few other inspirational builders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it all depends on what look you like. as far as bodybuilder I think its a no brainer not even close- Ronnie coleman

So my favorite, and who I consider the Greatest was The Myth. Sergio Oliva. By the way, it makes me feel old as hell seeing his son becoming an IFBB Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 58
So my favorite, and who I consider the Greatest was The Myth. Sergio Oliva. By the way, it makes me feel old as hell seeing his son becoming an IFBB Pro.
I was watching a youtube of Jr. yesterday he looks great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I've had Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman quest pose at both of my shows. They were huge but my all time favorite for perfect symmetry would be Flex Wheeler!
Dorian was huge but not cut enough once he got to the Olympia.
So Flex Wheeler for me...

For the sport Arnold is the GOAT...no one will ever match his accomplishments

In terms of aesthetics/look...Levrone(in his prime), Paris, Serge, Ray and MANY more...really a tough call

I will second that.

My favorite too. Don’t know about the ‘greatest’ but clearly, by any standard or measurement,
he was the most genetically gifted bodybuilder. Small waist, small head, wide shoulders, great
calves and legs, unbelievable muscle attachments . . . could go on and on. But, to be equitable,
his muscle attachments / long muscles may have worked to his disadvantage (like his small waist
did when he competed as an Olympic lifter, before he sought asylum in the USA) as his biceps
attached so low in arm that when flexed, they lacked the peak that so many desire, that coupled
with forearms that attached damn near to his wrist, actually got in the way of his biceps. Further-
more, he never, in my opinion achieved real contest condition. While he never had the ‘dryness,’
‘graininess,’ and muscle clarity that is so often desired now-a-days (of which I am not a big fan of)
he did have exceptional fullness in spite of his so called dieting and was truly gifted with a fantastic
metabolism and response to AAS (of which I know nothing of his use) which is probably why he
seemed to cruise through everything, from what little I have read and heard about training and diet.
I tried to interview him for a book a friend of mine was writing years ago but his reply was talk to his
manager, which I did, but we could never come to terms . . .

I did see him once back in the 70’s when he guest posed at a contest in Oakland, CA. I had a friend
that was competing so I was fortunate to get access to backstage and see him upclose and
personal as they say. I remember two . . . three things . . . one; he pumped up for what seemed like
an eternity. Two; he had a very foul mouth (as in words) and three; he was bigger, more impressive
than any bodybuilder I had ever seen. And I had seen about all the best the golden age of bodybuilding
had to offer at the time. (Arnold was the first real bodybuilder I had ever seen and that was when he
was at his peak.) I was literally, not visually prepared be see a human being with that much muscle.
Just mind boggling. I think the 72 Olympia in Essen, Germany he was at his best. There is a video
somewhere on the internet where is filmed by Wayne Gallasch at Wanstead Heath, in London a couple
of days after the show and I think his conditioning had actually improved.

One can’t help but wonder if he were starting out today, with the proper guidance and training,
with all that is ‘chemically’ available now, what he would have looked like. Bigger for certain,
but perhaps not better. (See my tag line.) Leaner and harder, probably so, but it also, in my opinion,
would have destroyed his physique, his proportions, would not have been as visually appealing in
my opinion, could have been, would have been, a grotesque caricature of himself.

Attachments

• e_sergiofrontdb.jpg
    e_sergiofrontdb.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 136
My favorite too. Don’t know about the ‘greatest’ but clearly, by any standard or measurement,
he was the most genetically gifted bodybuilder. Small waist, small head, wide shoulders, great
calves and legs, unbelievable muscle attachments . . . could go on and on. But, to be equitable,
his muscle attachments / long muscles may have worked to his disadvantage (like his small waist
did when he competed as an Olympic lifter, before he sought asylum in the USA) as his biceps
attached so low in arm that when flexed, they lacked the peak that so many desire, that coupled
with forearms that attached damn near to his wrist, actually got in the way of his biceps. Further-
more, he never, in my opinion achieved real contest condition. While he never had the ‘dryness,’
‘graininess,’ and muscle clarity that is so often desired now-a-days (of which I am not a big fan of)
he did have exceptional fullness in spite of his so called dieting and was truly gifted with a fantastic
metabolism and response to AAS (of which I know nothing of his use) which is probably why he
seemed to cruise through everything, from what little I have read and heard about training and diet.
I tried to interview him for a book a friend of mine was writing years ago but his reply was talk to his
manager, which I did, but we could never come to terms . . .

I did see him once back in the 70’s when he guest posed at a contest in Oakland, CA. I had a friend
that was competing so I was fortunate to get access to backstage and see him upclose and
personal as they say. I remember two . . . three things . . . one; he pumped up for what seemed like
an eternity. Two; he had a very foul mouth (as in words) and three; he was bigger, more impressive
than any bodybuilder I had ever seen. And I had seen about all the best the golden age of bodybuilding
had to offer at the time. (Arnold was the first real bodybuilder I had ever seen and that was when he
was at his peak.) I was literally, not visually prepared be see a human being with that much muscle.
Just mind boggling. I think the 72 Olympia in Essen, Germany he was at his best. There is a video
somewhere on the internet where is filmed by Wayne Gallasch at Wanstead Heath, in London a couple
of days after the show and I think his conditioning had actually improved.

One can’t help but wonder if he were starting out today, with the proper guidance and training,
with all that is ‘chemically’ available now, what he would have looked like. Bigger for certain,
but perhaps not better. (See my tag line.) Leaner and harder, probably so, but it also, in my opinion,
would have destroyed his physique, his proportions, would not have been as visually appealing in
my opinion, could have been, would have been, a grotesque caricature of himself.
This is fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I bet you got some stories...

Greatest in my opinion would be Arnold of course, he transcended bodybuilding, brought fitness and changed the culture in the 1980's bringing that jacked body to the mainstream.

I still remember the moment I wanted to be jacked. Seeing Arnold in 'Predator'.

Also he was as good of a bodybuilder as anyone in his era. I don't think Zane or Franco would have beat him for several more years if he choose to keep competing rather then going into movies.

He is the Michael Jordan of our sport. Other people might beat his numbers, but he changed the game like no one else ever will.

The GOAT in my opinion. Plain and simple.

This poll should be called "which is your favorite bodybuilder out these four people?"

Although you did put Ronnie in the poll which is the greatest bodybuilder ever.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear