over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Green tea question

ajdonutz

Kilo Klub Member
Ive been doing a lot of reading on green tea and its health benefits and i think i may add it into my daily diet if its fairly cheap. I have 2 questions for people with experience or knowledge on it

1. I read a few places that it helps prevent obesity by blocking glycogen as being stored as fat, and have heard of many using it while bulking, has anyone noticed green tea helping them stay lean during a bulk?

2. How much do you recommend drinking per day?

Other than the health benefits,It will boost up your metobolism so it help me lose some fat. I never tried it while bulking but my guess is it should help staying around the same BF.

I drink 4-6 cups a day.

Thanks. By one cup do you mean 8oz with a tea bag? And do you use a new tea bag for each cup?

I drink a cup each morning and also use the tablet supps in the arvo for a little energy boost. Been drinking it for bout 3 years. Well worth it just for health benefit

Each night I put 8 bags in a half gallon bottle and run hot water over, but not boiling. And then stick in the fridge to drink the next morning.

DC has been advising this for years. Fill a thermos every day with 2 bags of grean tea and drink throughout the day. Green tee does contains a small amount of caffeine which helps with the hightened thermogenesis and also a compound called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). The extra calories burned is not that much though so you have to watch your diet too.

I've been drinking up to a 1/2 gallon of tea per day for many years now.
I have always been fairly lean, so I can't really say how much it helps with fat burning, but I know it has helped boost my immune system.
I think it gives me more energy too, but its not a wired energy like coffee.

DC has been advising this for years. Fill a thermos every day with 2 bags of grean tea and drink throughout the day. Green tee does contains a small amount of caffeine which helps with the hightened thermogenesis and also a compound called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). The extra calories burned is not that much though so you have to watch your diet too.

So 2 bags per day is what DC recommends?

I love green tea and its one thing I will never remove from my daily plan

I drink the decafinnated version because I drink it at night when I get home after my post workout meal...

I use it for its antioxidant purposes and tea gives you a nice relaxed type of euphoria and i like the warmth it gives in the belly I think it really helps with digestion... I drink 2 (2bag servings of grean tea everyday)

The only thing I will say negative about it is Tea has a tendency to stain your teeth....

I love green tea and its one thing I will never remove from my daily plan

I drink the decafinnated version because I drink it at night when I get home after my post workout meal...

I use it for its antioxidant purposes and tea gives you a nice relaxed type of euphoria and i like the warmth it gives in the belly I think it really helps with digestion... I drink 2 (2bag servings of grean tea everyday)

The only thing I will say negative about it is Tea has a tendency to stain your teeth....

Have you noticed it helping to keep you lean when youre bulking as doggcrapp suggests? I found it for only 3.65 for 100 bags at kroger so i picked up 300 and am going to add a quart if it (4 bags) to my daily regimine. Split it up 3-4x per day between meals.. but have you noticed the anti-obesity effects many claim with it?

i find it easiest to just get 500mg green tea pills and take 2x per day

i love the stuff for cutting though. i find it helps and notice a difference in vascularity and weight loss when i take it on a consistent basis.

Hell the actual tea bags are dirt cheap, cant get extract that cheap.. seems like youd feel more of the detox with the actual tea too.. from what i read it seems the actual tea is better for you but im not sure. Oh well, i like the feeling after drinking it and its so damn cheap im goodxwith drinking 4 bags a day

So 2 bags per day is what DC recommends?

I seem to remember this was his suggestion as you just want to use it as a extra tool to stay lean together with 30-40min cardio 3-4 times a week. Go ahead and use more though. I like the real tea bags too, never liked taking things in pill form. You will not get all the small ingredients from the real thing that work synergistically in pill form. Same with caffeine, real coffee works way better for me then a tab. You can't just take something mother nature has used thousands of years to perfect and extrapolate a few compounds you like from it and think it will be the same. At least that is my view.

I think it is difficult to say how much difference it made when I used it. At least mentally I think it had some effect and I do think I used to feel pretty warm during the day when I used it. The added health benefits and the huge amount of anti oxidants in it is a bonus but the stained teeth is not. I started drinking it with a straw to get in past my teeth without staining them after a while..lol.

I personally would take the pills over drinking it as you would have to drink a ton to get the same amount you get from the pills. The pills are inexpensive, $9 for 100 at TrueNutrition.com an their's are very high quality.

I seem to remember this was his suggestion as you just want to use it as a extra tool to stay lean together with 30-40min cardio 3-4 times a week. Go ahead and use more though. I like the real tea bags too, never liked taking things in pill form. You will not get all the small ingredients from the real thing that work synergistically in pill form. Same with caffeine, real coffee works way better for me then a tab. You can't just take something mother nature has used thousands of years to perfect and extrapolate a few compounds you like from it and think it will be the same. At least that is my view.

I think it is difficult to say how much difference it made when I used it. At least mentally I think it had some effect and I do think I used to feel pretty warm during the day when I used it. The added health benefits and the huge amount of anti oxidants in it is a bonus but the stained teeth is not. I started drinking it with a straw to get in past my teeth without staining them after a while..lol.

Thanks for your input bro. I agree. I dont feel much from any caffeine really but the tabs i definitely feel less and theres supposed to be more mg in them.. the real thing is always better imo as well as long as its easily accessible. Extracts are good too when its all thats available.

I personally would take the pills over drinking it as you would have to drink a ton to get the same amount you get from the pills. The pills are inexpensive, $9 for 100 at TrueNutrition.com an their's are very high quality.

I believe though that to get the effects from the extract that you get from drinking the tea throughout the day that youd need a higher dosage though. I dunno, ill just stick with the cheap tea bags. Its pretty tasty anyway lol. Easy to gull down between meals

DC has advised much more than 2 bags. To get the positive effects you need quite a bit. This is why I do about 8 bags.

If you like the taste of Green Tea couldnt you take both just dose the pill form less and compensate with the actual Tea?

Not that it applies to enhanced people, but isn't green tea proven to slightly lower testosterone?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws