advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Green Tea reduces testosterone - study - your thoughts?

BULK_CITY

Registered
SuppVersity - Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone: -20% Reduction in Serum Testosterone by 5 Cups of Green Tea. Endocrine Effects Depend on Catechin Composition.

-20% Reduction in Serum Testosterone by 5 Cups of Green Tea. Endocrine Effects Depend on Catechin Composition.

in the course of 26 days, even the consumption of the equivalent of 5 cups of green tea lead to a statistically significant -2% reduction in sperm

Never heard of this. Been taking green tea extract for 3+ yrs...

Thoughts on this?
is it accurate?
is it still worth it to take it?

I love that stuff drink 2 cups a day I'm on hrt anyways so doesn't matter

I seriously doubt it's hindering your muscular gains in the long run.

Also, as a side note, the countries with the greatest populations drink the largest amounts of green tea... I doubt its that bad for the reproductive system...

Last edited:
Seems these days theres loads of things that supposedly lower test levels. I take no chances and shoot 1 cc of the stuff every week to be sure

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'll keep taking my green tea. Next week there will be a study saying green tea increases testosterone levels by 50%

I'll keep taking my green tea. Next week there will be a study saying green tea increases testosterone levels by 50%

Exactly! If we add up all the things we read every day we will have like 974% increased risk of dying from cancer, 478% lower risk of getting heart failure, 173,5% increased risk of dying early becasue of wrong food consumption, 243% increased risk of reduced sperm because of whatever....

There is practically nothing in life that does not have good/bad consequences. That is how life is, there will always be positives and negatives with absolutely everything and anything. This is the balance in life. What is not balanced are the one-sided stories that the mass media vomits out every single day. We need food to eat but at the same time their are multiple dangers of eating food to (contaminents, bacteria, allergies, even digesting it can cause problems..) but we still gotta eat. Do we need to know the bleeding obvious all the time?

FFS, this is just getting ridiculous. If you tak every single little thing in life (food, item, condiment, drink, habit...) and overanalyze it to death you can draw all sorts of percentages if you want.

This is a sign of the society we live in these days. The overflow of news at all given times, the complete saturation of irrelevant news that we don't need to know, numbers and statistics that have no effect on or lives at all apart from making people nervous wrecks, chronic hypochondriachs, and afraid of every little thing. People are becoming neurotically dependant on news - any news - and the media and social media is feeding them this bullshit because there is only so much to write about every single day.

This is how these stupid laws get started of banning stuff that 1 person in 1 million will die from. The other day a girl died from drinking too much water. Are they going to ban water? No, but they sure as hell will ban any small compound that does kills someone that under certain circumstances can't handle it.

Just live your lives and enjoy it. Use your common sense and brain and you will be fine.

PS! This was in no way a blast on you OP, sorry if I derailed your thread here. I read these things in the media all the time and it just bugs me.

For almost every food you can find a reason/evidence why you should not be eating it!
I might reduce my intake a bit, as I drink somewhere between 10 and 15 cups of strong green tea at work every day..

For almost every food you can find a reason/evidence why you should not be eating it!
I might reduce my intake a bit, as I drink somewhere between 10 and 15 cups of strong green tea at work every day..

Can't stand the stuff but i believe it's very good for bloat/digestion?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DHT

I have been reading how to control DHT dihydrotestosteron because of sufferinfg hair loss and I have read in a few articles that IT DOES have an effect on reducing the levels of DHT.. this is good and bad because when you are cycling your body needs DHT and to big of a reduction will inhibit testosterone's effect,, this is why they make a shampoo to control DHT for hair loss.. shampoo quite naturally is used externally and does not pass though our digestive system, therefore it just reduces and controls levels of DHt on our scalp... If you will just read up on the effect of DHT and hairloss and the drugs, herbs and coumpounds used to lower levels of DHT I am positive they will list Green tea as one of them

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear