over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Greg Kovacs Dies at Age 44

Unfortunate...but can't say it is surprising if he was still carrying around an enormous amount of weight all this time.

Another tragedy to add to the list.

I knew he would always suffer, pushing the body weight he did and the problems he had.

Such a shame, from what I remember from the early training days when he was a farm boy he was 270 ish living on good food and milk. Worst thing he ever could have done was hit the stage and find muscletech

So young he was huge not very well shaped as far for the stage but big guy...RIP...MM

yikes, only 44....
he was a giant tho.... lot of work on his heart:(
RIP Greg.
-JS

Damn, another one gone.

Unfortunate...but can't say it is surprising if he was still carrying around an enormous amount of weight all this time.

In the latter half of the 1990s, Greg Kovacs was the largest pro bodybuilder. According to Muscle Insider, he had an off-season weight of 420 pounds and his arms measured 25 inches, his chest 70 inches, and his legs a colossal 35 inches.He has been reported to have developed over 27 inch arms in the prime of his career. Like his gargantuan size, Greg’s power was also unmatched. With a 700-pound bench press (for 2 reps), a 500-pound shoulder press, a 500-pound bent-over row, and a 2,025-pound leg press, Greg is still regarded as the strongest pro bodybuilder of all time!

I just watched a youtube video of him "Bodybuilding Greg Kovacs Strongest Bodybuilder Alive" and he was a beast.

Sad to hear, that guy was a monster. But like stated above walking around over 400lbs can't be good for your heart. 44 is just to young.

Damn. RIP. When I was growing up he was one of the first bodybuilders that really stuck in my head. Especially on those Muscletech ads in the 90s/early 2000s. God rest his soul.

This has run through my mind with Ronnie Coleman as well. Knock on wood and hope he lives a long healthy life but I recently saw a video of him speaking about his weight and I believe he said he is still hovering around the 280s nowadays, years after his retirement. I would of thought he would of come down in weight a little.

Not to be dis-respectful, as he seemed like a great guy, but from everyone I have spoken to who knew Greg at some point, said he was easily the least healthy appearing bodybuilder they could think of. Always out of breath, sick looking, could barely move, etc. He truly pushed the limits and sadly never took care of himself.

RIP, gone far too soon.

Always sad to see another bodybuilder pass. Rip

It is sad to see another bb die due to drug abuse. Remember the doses used today are much higher than what was used in his prime. gym rats cruise on 1,000mg of test. these are people that will never compete they just want to be "swole." More and more bbers will die. unfortunately it is going to get really really bad soon.

Every time a bber dies, there is shock and awe in this forum. And people reflect the stupid things they are doing with their body. This last a for few days then they are back to their guilt free tren blasts. Wake up people. YOU could be next.

I think im going to cash out my 401k. No fucking way any of us here who are pushing the drugs hard are going to make it to 67. :(

The odds simply arent in our favor. Nasser, Matt Duvall, Art Atwood, Erik Fromm, etc etc. The interesting thing is guys from the 70s are still doing okay but the competitors from the 90s are the ones who are dropping like flies. You really think all those mega doses of steroids + GH + Insulin + IGF1 + Peptides had nothing to do with it???

It is sad to see another bb die due to drug abuse. Remember the doses used today are much higher than what was used in his prime. gym rats cruise on 1,000mg of test. these are people that will never compete they just want to be "swole." More and more bbers will die. unfortunately it is going to get really really bad soon.

Every time a bber dies, there is shock and awe in this forum. And people reflect the stupid things they are doing with their body. This last a for few days then they are back to their guilt free tren blasts. Wake up people. YOU could be next.

I understand your point. But don't sensationalize this. Nasser and Greg Kovacs (and others) surely blasted to the high heavens with AAS...very likely properly dosed Human Grade AAS. So to compare their blasting or cruising methods with the average juicer today is not really sensible. I agree far more people are taking chances with their health and doing ignorant things with AAS, but these guys were on a whole different level I'd suspect.

Damn, he was one of my favourite bodybuilders!

6'5 and 400+lbs in his offseason, now that right there is a fucking monster.

Shame about this, but too be honest when it is blatantly obvious that it was his massive size and long term high dose gear use that has caused the heart failure, you have to guess that he knew this was coming. He can't have just assumed he was indestructible and that his heart could work under that much strain for so long.

you do realize he was over 400 pounds right? a guy I know said that he was at a restaurant with Greg, and his face was beat red and he was sweating constantly and had a hard time breathing..

those are some pretty serious warning signs to blatantly ignore..

AAS may be the cause but i would think the weight was a biggie.
Make you think especially when you are the same age.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws