over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Greg Kovacs Dies at Age 44

If only they had supp’ed with curcumin......

I think thats sarcastic but since i dont sell curcumin...i dont know what to make of it.

A supplement that has alot of science backing it as far as curing an ailment that alot of these bodybuilders is dying of....is bad to mention?

I've got sleep apnea and it's really taking it's toll.

I actually just got the machine last week. not sure about it yet because its driving me nuts but my gf said my breathing sounds a lot better when i'm sleeping, not snoring anymore

I actually just got the machine last week. not sure about it yet because its driving me nuts but my gf said my breathing sounds a lot better when i'm sleeping, not snoring anymore

My dad uses one, and once he got used to it his life has changed completely.

I think thats sarcastic but since i dont sell curcumin...i dont know what to make of it.

A supplement that has alot of science backing it as far as curing an ailment that alot of these bodybuilders is dying of....is bad to mention?

Do you honestly believe that it will fix the problem? Do you think most or a lot of these guys wouldn’t have died if they had used curcumin?

I don’t know much about curcumin, but I have my doubts.

Don't forget the sleep apnea/heart connection. Don't know if it was mentioned in this thread, if so I missed it. Maybe this is what DC was hinting at.

Was reminded of it watching this video about powerlifter Ryan Kennelly who says his insides are fucked from steroid use, and also mentions sleep apnea enlarging his heart.

sentencing mitigation video - YouTube

Yes it is. Besides the guys that just abused themselves so much and died on these pages (kidneys, high blood pressure etc) I think a large problem is the the basic principle of

Eight hours of every day must be spent recovering, and in episodes of deep REM sleep...for health, relaxation, stress, etc etc...

So you have a large offseason bodybuilder who is huffing and puffing all day long because he has so much body mass.....and then for the 8 hours he is supposed to be giving his heart a break....its getting zero break and its incredibly taxed with a chain of events which isnt much unlike a drowing episode repeatedly.

Evan Centopani figured it out Sleep Apnea / CPAP and BPAP machines?

I believe alot of these other guys didnt (the ones that didnt abuse themselves to an early death because they thought they were indestructable)

GH makes everything grow including throat tissue. Ive seen more than a few individuals develop sleep apnea after usage of gh.

I draw these conclusions from my experience. Ive come across quite a few educated large bodybuilders who were young and had OSA. I say educated because most people will not grasp that they have sleep apnea and will refuse to do something about it. These young bodybuilders 22, 29 and 32 all had terrible obstructive sleep apnea.
I belong to a group of about 6 very learned bodybuilders forum....all over 40 and all advanced...and 5 of us have sleep apnea. With all the good sides of bodybuilding there is a definite down side. Along with huge delts, chest, arms, back, and legs comes a large neck.
I have sleep apnea. During my testing i had no apneas on my side. But on my back i have terrible sleep apnea. I cannot sleep on my side because it kills my shoulders. So i had to make the choice to get the machine. It sucks....the mask has aged me greatly...the lines it has put on my face....I used to be 37 and people thought i was 26....the mask has definitely erased that...but the alternative of not treaing sleep apnea is very well known. Ive taken my weight way down the past five years and the Matt Duvall thing was it for me. Ive taken it down into the 240's now....the OSA is still there.

I remember that sleep apnea doctor on the Palumbo podcast saying he thought 90% of large bodybuilders have sleep apnea.

So thats my theory. Undiagnosed and untreated sleep apnea has already been said to be rampant in retired and present playing football players. I believe its doing the same for bodybuilders in their 30's on up.

Last edited:
Do you honestly believe that it will fix the problem? Do you think most or a lot of these guys wouldn’t have died if they had used curcumin?

I don’t know much about curcumin, but I have my doubts.

I believe it has the most potential to cure heart enlargement of any supplement. I think some of these guys would have died because they had problems (extreme abuse of bodybuilding drugs like Nasser with his 5 grams of test and 25ius of gh....does anyone think he went down to 200mg of test after retirement?)

Yes it is. Besides the guys that just abused themselves so much and died on these pages (kidneys, high blood pressure etc) I think a large problem is the the basic principle of

Eight hours of every day must be spent recovering, and in episodes of deep REM sleep...for health, relaxation, stress, etc etc...

So you have a large offseason bodybuilder who is huffing and puffing all day long because he has so much body mass.....and then for the 8 hours he is supposed to be giving his heart a break....its getting zero break and its incredibly taxed with a chain of events which isnt much unlike a drowing episode repeatedly.

I believe alot of these other guys didnt (the ones that didnt abuse themselves to an early death because they thought they were indestructable)

GH makes everything grow including throat tissue. Ive seen more than a few individuals develop sleep apnea after usage of gh.

I draw these conclusions from my experience. Ive come across quite a few educated large bodybuilders who were young and had OSA. I say educated because most people will not grasp that they have sleep apnea and will refuse to do something about it. These young bodybuilders 22, 29 and 32 all had terrible obstructive sleep apnea.
I belong to a group of about 6 very learned bodybuilders forum....all over 40 and all advanced...and 5 of us have sleep apnea. With all the good sides of bodybuilding there is a definite down side. Along with huge delts, chest, arms, back, and legs comes a large neck.
I have sleep apnea. During my testing i had no apneas on my side. But on my back i have terrible sleep apnea. I cannot sleep on my side because it kills my shoulders. So i had to make the choice to get the machine. It sucks....the mask has aged me greatly...the lines it has put on my face....I used to be 37 and people thought i was 26....the mask has definitely erased that...but the alternative of not treaing sleep apnea is very well known. Ive taken my weight way down the past five years and the Matt Duvall thing was it for me. Ive taken it down into the 240's now....the OSA is still there.

I remember that sleep apnea doctor on the Palumbo podcast saying he thought 90% of large bodybuilders have sleep apnea.

So thats my theory. Undiagnosed and untreated sleep apnea has already been said to be rampant in retired and present playing football players. I believe its doing the same for bodybuilders in their 30's on up.

I agree with this 100 percent, thank you

I think i have had sleep apnea for years but it has gotten worse. There are times where i wake up gasping for air. I am not very heavy either, 5'6 220. I can only imagine what that does to your heart and bp. Like dogcrap said its like drowning over and over. I hold my breathe for a while then gasp for air. I just got the machine last week so i have to get use to it but so far my breathing is good while sleeping. Apnea will kill you in the long run no doubt. If not kill you cause big problems

A few months ago I told my girl to tell me if I was snoring when she'd wake up at night and asked if she ever wakes up and I am snoring at the time. She said no, never. I was very worried I had sleep apnea due to my decreased energy levels and not getting proper rest.

This past weekend I drove to Miami and slept on Aikman56's couch since he was competing at a local show. He told me I was snoring a lot the first night and said I may even have sleep apnea. I asked if I had any breaks in breathing or gasps...and he said no, just loud snoring. Freaking scares me..

Im 240-245 these days.

attachment.php

Age 17

attachment.php

Age 19

attachment.php

EVERYONE said I snored like a fright train when I was between 260-280. Ive never snored a day in my life!!! But when I came off and lost weight.... it went away. Crazy

I believe it has the most potential to cure heart enlargement of any supplement. I think some of these guys would have died because they had problems (extreme abuse of bodybuilding drugs like Nasser with his 5 grams of test and 25ius of gh....does anyone think he went down to 200mg of test after retirement?)

I hope Ronnie isnt also making this mistake. I can't imagine he's on grams of AAS and GH now after retiring. He still looks big, but a mess compared to offseason competing Pro's. I hope thats because the steroid/GH use has gone or dropped considerably.

As most of you are aware I had massive heart failure. On last visit, Doctor told me that when we first met (five years earlier) , he did not think I was going to make it. He actually said it again in the same visit "I did not hold out much hope for you".

GH, Test, Tren.

Also, UNTREATED SLEEP APNEA. Some of the worst they had ever seen. I have not tried adding the circumin but will order today. In addition, I take 500mg Ubiquinol a day and it was at minimum coincidental with my heart getting stronger.

These big names are the tip of a very large iceberg I am afraid if you look at the numbers statistically.

Greg did seem to enjoy his lifestyle. I wonder if he felt it was worth it in the end? I wonder it about myself as well.

PWood

As most of you are aware I had massive heart failure. On last visit, Doctor told me that when we first met (five years earlier) , he did not think I was going to make it. He actually said it again in the same visit "I did not hold out much hope for you".

GH, Test, Tren.

Also, UNTREATED SLEEP APNEA. Some of the worst they had ever seen. I have not tried adding the circumin but will order today. In addition, I take 500mg Ubiquinol a day and it was at minimum coincidental with my heart getting stronger.

These big names are the tip of a very large iceberg I am afraid if you look at the numbers statistically.

Greg did seem to enjoy his lifestyle. I wonder if he felt it was worth it in the end? I wonder it about myself as well.

PWood

Are you blaming gh, test, and tren? I'm glad you've made progress with your health bro.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Are you blaming gh, test, and tren? I'm glad you've made progress with your health bro.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No way to pin point. But adding the gh was coincidental with the heart failure being diagnosed. Does not mean it caused it, or that I was not well on my way. I was a little under 6'2 and 270-280. Did not do massive dosages, but did them for years.

These compounds and my weight along with sleep apnea contributed to high blood pressure (untreated) and enlarged heart in my opinion. I stopped the compounds, take medication, and got out of immediate danger of death to moderate danger.

I would like to emphasize that I believe treating the high blood pressure and getting a CPAP years earlier would likely have prevented or lessened the severity a great deal. Again this is conjecture, but the more I learn the more I lean toward the untreated sleep apnea being huge factor.

PWood

Last edited:
This is sad, I used to see Greg around at my old gym, he always looked "strained", reddish skin, always sweating and walking around with a towel on his neck, I'm not surprised at the news.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear