over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Greg Kovacs Training

My trainer was good friends with Greg back in the day I'll ask today if he actually trained that way.

LOL ....complete bullshit

In the article, it states, Until recently, "Gregg routinely Squatted 855lbs. for 8 reps, but when he became serious about bodybuilding, he realized that his 6'2"height impeded him from getting a pump in his thighs, so he changed to leg presses."

i was going to say that kovacs was strong so his smith squat must have been stacked up.

[ame="http://youtu.be/g7r7Y6YH0OI"]http://youtu.be/g7r7Y6YH0OI[/ame]
If the weights listed in the article are accurate, he was the strongest pro bodybuilder I ever seen, by far.

IFBB Pro Amit Sapir just recently just broke the PL world record with a 722lb squat at 198lbs RAW, no wraps! ...:eek:

855 for 8 tho, dammm.... what was his weight about you think at that time? thats crazy strong

Last edited:
Amits a beast, watching squat is mind boggling

Greg was routinely 425 lbs in the offseason.

I can't believe anyone would even remotely pay attention to the dumbass "article routines" that they publish.. As far as legs - the one thing I truly believe is that high reps works.. Some can handle higher volume (I puke or almost do EVERY leg day and have for 2 decades) but regardless of the number of sets it seems that high reps triggers leg growth.

I talked to Kris dim today as he is my trainer and he said that routine is pretty much on point to how Greg trained. He said the weights he used are ridiculous, he said him and lee priest were the strongest guys he had trained with.

I talked to Kris dim today as he is my trainer and he said that routine is pretty much on point to how Greg trained. He said the weights he used are ridiculous, he said him and lee priest were the strongest guys he had trained with.

yep. routine looks good to me. looks legit. i think the reps may have been a bit different on certain exercises, but otherwise everything looks solid IMO. definetly looks like something he would do.

doesn't matter either way...idk why we should care
but its definetly good if you're capped out and just need to train 1x/wk

yep. routine looks good to me. looks legit. i think the reps may have been a bit different on certain exercises, but otherwise everything looks solid IMO. definetly looks like something he would do.

but its definetly good if you're capped out and just need to train 1x/wk[/QUOTE

I was a bit suprised his volume is so low but obviously it worked for him.Kris on the otherhand trained very high volume.

Some of his training weights were as follows:

Stiff Legged Deadlifts- 675 x 8
Incline Barbell Press- 675 x 3
Behind Neck Presses- 455 x 6
One Arm Preacher Curls- 110lb. dumbbell x 6
Flat Dumbbell Presses- 250lb dumbbells x 8
Close Grip Bench Press- 500 x 10
Barbell Rows- 545 x 8
Barbell Shrugs- 7 plates each side x 15
Leg Presses- 20 plates per side x 15

but its definetly good if you're capped out and just need to train 1x/wk[/QUOTE

I was a bit suprised his volume is so low but obviously it worked for him.Kris on the otherhand trained very high volume.

Doesn't surprise me at all.
I firmly believe low volume is King for the majority of people.
Heh

Equalizer - I spit my hamburger reading the Dumbbell Curl. Idk why but that one really did it for me. My LORD

I had the opportunity to see Greg up close at an expo many years ago. You really can't imagine just how insanely big he was without witnessing it in person.

that being said I would have no problem believing the numbers posted above.

this guy was a monster

If he truly did that routine and was as huge as he was. More props to him. I do know if i was being interviewed i would not share my real routine due to me being a selfish man when it comes to BB. So that being said it could be fabricated a bit.

What's the big issue here? Looks like a solid routine to me. I'm sure the 2 sets are his working sets to failure and he found it stupid to list warm ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I don't believe that 850 for 8 stuff....yes he was strong but still, everything I saw was machines from him.

Videos of him (smythe machine) for 505 for 5 are there....but that squat stuff is bullshit lol.

I love when i hear the "this guy did this ______" bodybuilder tales...those huge numbers and tall tales for PL guys like Doug Young and Larry Pacifico. But for a random BBer...hell no.

I don't think most people understand just how huge this man was. I seen him one time and my jaw hit the ground. This was the largest human i have ever seen. Easily 400-425lbs in the offseason with stupid amounts of muscle.

Based on that it's impossible to know what he actually did. For example

Barbell Incline Press- 2 sets 6-8

could mean

80kg x 12, 120kg x 10, 140kg x 10, 160kg x 8, 180kg x 8, 200kg x 8 (to failure), 200kg x 6 (to failure)

So the actual volume might have been a lot higher, depending on how he warmed up to his working sets and what he counted as working sets.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear