over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Grits as a carb source

BabyBeast05

Featured Member
Any of you ever use grits as a carb source during precontest? I love grits! Much more then oatmeal, I always eat them in the offseason but never tried during prep, I always switch to oats. What do you guys think? Will it make a huge difference? I remember watch a vid of Cutler when he was prepping for the O in 2010 I think and he switched to grits from oats to try and stay clear from gluten

being that they are made from corn I think it would depend on what your body is willing to work with , if you arn't gluten sensitive then I don't think it would matter much.
I never did test my blood glucose after eating grits

Man , Tulane hospital makes a cheesy shrimp and grits that's fuggin amazing !!!
(shit that's a craving that's gonna last)

I think how your body handles certain carbs (like how they sit with you) are more important than the gi index because combined with a protein source, the insulin response will slow down considerably from the protein. I love white potatoes white rice and grits dieting because they never bloat me and keep me more sunken in.

When I get real hungry I use oats and sweet potatoes but they don't sit the best with me (bloating and gas). Grits and eggwhites are a staple breakfast for me precontest.

baby the idea from switching from grits to oats is because it keeps you full longer when dieting ,, jay and other pros use to do this some still do but like jay most dont they stay with cream of rice or grits because they still need to consume so much food that it helps them stay less full,, as with the moderate fats trend allowing them to lower carbs be lesss bloated have a smaller waist eat more food and get more cals which is more growth

in pre contest though variety is key ,,, switching between fast a slow carbs can be beneficial ,,,, when trying to hold muscle

Last edited:
Im going to have to give grits a try.

i eat em every pwo meal yeaaa buddy even started a thread bout it in recipe section! mmmmm goood

I think how your body handles certain carbs (like how they sit with you) are more important than the gi index because combined with a protein source, the insulin response will slow down considerably from the protein. I love white potatoes white rice and grits dieting because they never bloat me and keep me more sunken in.

When I get real hungry I use oats and sweet potatoes but they don't sit the best with me (bloating and gas). Grits and eggwhites are a staple breakfast for me precontest.

Yea bro I love mixing my grits and egg whites together! Only thing missing is the cheese!

haven't had good grits since i was in the south but love them aqnd never feel bloated like from oats

BB,

Absolutely.
Grits are an excellent complex carb, maybe not as much fiber as steel cut oats, a little less protein, but ZERO fat.

I made the switch on Jan 1, which lowered my fat intake by about 20 grams a day. The mirror shows a difference.

Go Grits:headbang:

Peace,

Mack

Any of you ever use grits as a carb source during precontest? I love grits! Much more then oatmeal, I always eat them in the offseason but never tried during prep, I always switch to oats. What do you guys think? Will it make a huge difference? I remember watch a vid of Cutler when he was prepping for the O in 2010 I think and he switched to grits from oats to try and stay clear from gluten

how do you guys prepare your grits??

I have used them before pre contest and had good results was for sure at first but it was a good change up from the oats. I still had oats just changed it up some.

Cre,

I now use water to dilute, used to use Rice Milk, but tossed that out to save a few more grams of fat. After they're cooked I dilute them even more with water mixing in 40 grams protein powder using a large bowl and a wisk, throw in some stevia, try to achieve a pudding constistency.

Throw in the frig to cool, I eat this min of 3 meals a day, sometimes 4.

Sweet, filling and yummie. Go ZERO fat :headbang:

Mack

how do you guys prepare your grits??

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic