over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GRITS vs OATMEAL

I've seen corn grits in UK. I'd this the same thing? Anyone seen creme of rice in UK? Don't even really know what it is. I love oats but they bloat me bad. Never tried grits. B hey on real well with rice do cream of rice sound ideal for me but where to buy. We have rice pudding but I doubt it's the same thing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

For you guys buying cream of rice, if you have a coffee grinder, you can make your own. Cream of rice is literally just ground rice. Toss your rice in the grinder and grind it to the consistency of what you buy in the box. Done.

If you don't have a grinder, you can pick one up at Target, Wal Mart, etc super cheap. I paid about 15 bucks for mine and have used the shit out of it....

Really it's just ground up rice? Does it matter what kind of rice? Also my laptop is fucked. What's the recipe and the way to cook john meadows pre workout meal with this?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

If you get cream of rice cereal it has the "recipe" on the box.

If you're making your own I believe the ratio of water to rice is 3:1 when it's ground up like that.

In the video John specifies that he uses less water than is cAlled for.

Personally, I use the amount that is called for and cook it longer. I prefer the texture that way.

Really it's just ground up rice? Does it matter what kind of rice? Also my laptop is fucked. What's the recipe and the way to cook john meadows pre workout meal with this?

Yep. you can go to their website and look at ingredients...its ground rice...

If you get cream of rice cereal it has the "recipe" on the box.

If you're making your own I believe the ratio of water to rice is 3:1 when it's ground up like that.

In the video John specifies that he uses less water than is cAlled for.

Personally, I use the amount that is called for and cook it longer. I prefer the texture that way.

I also use the 3:1 liquid to rice ratio...just seems to cook better for me.

The player cuts off.. i see him throw it in the microwave.. adds almond butter and chocolate syrup.. does he eat it just like that or was there something else added or prepared that I missed before the video cuts out.. can I use just plain white rice. i have an abundance of it

why not both?

Since the thread was started I actually do. I switch between them, depending on how I'm feeling. Feeling sluggish I eat oatmeal. Just need something to fill the void I eat grits.

For you guys buying cream of rice, if you have a coffee grinder, you can make your own. Cream of rice is literally just ground rice. Toss your rice in the grinder and grind it to the consistency of what you buy in the box. Done.

If you don't have a grinder, you can pick one up at Target, Wal Mart, etc super cheap. I paid about 15 bucks for mine and have used the shit out of it....

Ive just discovered rice flour,which i believe is literally finely ground rice...and its great in my whey protein as i add very little water and eat it as a thick paste..
As for porridge oats...ito find they bloat me...when cooked. However, eating them uncooked by just adding a bit water and chocolate whey and whatever else suits, im okay with that. Its how i came to use the rice flour and i wanted something fast acting for post workout. I tried Gofio which is whats indigenous here in the Canaries....corn or wheat goifio...but its slow acting...very much like the rice flour to mix with though...

I loves me some oatmeal..... Cracker Barrel has a Sugar Free Maple syrup thats out of this world.... i drizzle a lit bit and it feels like im eating a bowl of pancakes.... if you have access to a CB i suggest giving it a try

Never tried CB brand but have tried other Sugar free maple syrup. Not only is it ideal in grits but a little on cooked carrots and other veggies make them seem like a desert - we'll almost.

Oats with dried fruit is the best meal ever. Add some syrup and you can eat it forever!! :)

Grits are a ground corn food of Native American origin. More common in the Southern United States and mainly eaten at breakfast. Modern grits are commonly made of alkali-treated corn known as hominy. .

Modern grits are made from corn...either white or yellow.
Hominy is a corn like mutation of corn. Treated and ground..still available but not the most common form of grits.

Grits are not just southern, they are just not called grits everywhere. Polenta is a very common Italian dish, made from.... ground up corn or more commonly referred to as CORNMEAL. IE...grits.
it is boiled with salt and butter just like grits.

It's a southern thing. U prolly won't find them anywhere else in the states.

You can find cornmeal (grits) everywhere in the US. People just dont know southerners call it something different. Silly rednecks. It isnt exclusively southern, sorry. :p

I go with craving on this one. Obviously if I want something savory I go with grits and if sweets then oatmeal

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear