over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Grocery store advice

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok, so I'm at the grocery store with my 3 yr old son and am putting my groceries in the bags. A guy walks up and says:

guy - "that's a lot of protein" (regarding my 5 dozen eggs)
me - "not really, I eat 5-6 eggs for breakfast, my son eats 2 and my wife eats 3 every day"
guy - "oh man, you gotta watch your cholesterol"
me - "yeah, my cholesterol is perfect according to blood work, but thanks"
guy - "it might be now, but just wait"
me - "I'm not too worried about it" (while giving a wtf look to him)

I don't mind people "looking out" for others, but when the advice is given on ignorance it's kinda amusing. Especially when the rebuttal is a metaphorical hand to the face. Just wanted to share and hopefully someone gets a chuckle out of it

I hear the same thing all the time. It's ridiculous that some people just think they know what's best for you because of something they heard in the background on Dr. Oz one day. I eat 8 eggs (only 2 yolks) every morning, and have my gf, who also works out daily, on two whole eggs every morning as part of her meal plan, and her mother keeps telling her i must not know what i'm talking about cuz she's gonna get cholesterol poisoning and clog her arteries (As her mother is munching down chocolates, saying having buns with our burgers at a barbeque and potatoes is a double starch and is disgusting). Some people are just dumb, they're punishment is being weak and fat. Nature sorts itself out i guess haha

Ok, so I'm at the grocery store with my 3 yr old son and am putting my groceries in the bags. A guy walks up and says:

me - "not really, I eat 5-6 eggs for breakfast, my son eats 2 and my wife eats 3 every day"

I don't mind people "looking out" for others, but when the advice is given on ignorance it's kinda amusing. Especially when the rebuttal is a metaphorical hand to the face. Just wanted to share and hopefully someone gets a chuckle out of it

Unbelieveable! What would make a person walk up to a total stranger and begin to lecture about their potential health issues? I was sitting here trying to think of some clever responses, and all I can come up with is, "Why don't you mind your own fuckin business".

Honestly none of his business. The off-handed "that's a lot of protein" comment is perfectly fine, but to follow it with preaching to you about your health (especially when it's obvious he gathers his dietary info from primetime news shows) is just intrusive. Especially with your young son there. Insulting or lecturing a father in front of his kids is something I would never do. Especially for something that small.

It's not like you were beating your son or something:
Him: "That might leave a bruise"
You: "There's no bruise there"
Him: "Just wait until later"

I was caught off guard with the cholesterol comment. The protein comment wasn't bad at all, as the normal person doesn't buy 5 dozen eggs a week lol
I think I did a good job with it, as I typically don't have much patience for people like that. When I told him that blood work showed my cholesterol as fine, I was baffled that he said what he said! I guess when you hear something on television, it's fact.

I hear the same thing all the time. It's ridiculous that some people just think they know what's best for you because of something they heard in the background on Dr. Oz one day. I eat 8 eggs (only 2 yolks) every morning, and have my gf, who also works out daily, on two whole eggs every morning as part of her meal plan, and her mother keeps telling her i must not know what i'm talking about cuz she's gonna get cholesterol poisoning and clog her arteries (As her mother is munching down chocolates, saying having buns with our burgers at a barbeque and potatoes is a double starch and is disgusting). Some people are just dumb, they're punishment is being weak and fat. Nature sorts itself out i guess haha

That's not eating 8 eggs. You use 8 eggs maybe..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I was caught off guard with the cholesterol comment. The protein comment wasn't bad at all, as the normal person doesn't buy 5 dozen eggs a week lol
I think I did a good job with it, as I typically don't have much patience for people like that. When I told him that blood work showed my cholesterol as fine, I was baffled that he said what he said! I guess when you hear something on television, it's fact.

You absolutely did a good job with it because I would have no tolerance for that. He'd get a lecture and a lesson in manners and nutrition and I would have been very sarcastic and maybe even a bit condescending. That's bs..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Don't take it at heart some people just like to have conversation with others(strangers) but not really know what they are talking about.

I agree with night I would let him have it.

i would of simply said. that's why I look like this and you look like that.i rather die off cholesterol problems looking like this than die of natural cause but looking like you.but I highly dought I will die of cholesterol problems cuz I knows what the fuck im doing.now unless u gonna start paying for my grocery bills from now on I suggest u get the fuck out my face and mind your own business DR. EINSTEIN

I find jealous people like to critique what you eat.

Ah the old eggs are bad for your cholesterol comment. Mostly made by people who live mostly of junk food and McDonalds. :D

Ah the old eggs are bad for your cholesterol comment. Mostly made by people who live mostly of junk food and McDonalds. :D

Fucking exactly!!

People used to do this kinda crap to me all the time, people are clueless. I wouldn't lecture somebody though cause chances are if there stupid enough to come say shit like this then your educated response is going in one ear and out the other. People don't care they just like to judge and talk shit about us but that's when you just gotta nod, chuckle and just think.... WWAD (what would arnold do) haha

And in his cart he had 3 pints of ben and jerrys, 24 pack of coke, pb and jelly, deli meat and some gluten free bread and vegetable chips.

Lots of people like to critique others, but are in denial or ignorant about their very own choices.

I get the whole eggs and cholesterol thing a lot. Especially at work. The people saying it are all eating ready meals and chocolate bars etc every break. I read somewhere that eggs are the only food the brittish heart foundation ever put a hard limit on how many you should eat. Think it was about 2 a week. They have retracted that now I believe our at least upped the limit. I used to eat 16 whole eggs a day as it was cheap protein and calories.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

An elderly guy at the gym tried to have essentially the same conversation with me at the gym about bent over barbell rows once. He even showed me a scar on his hamstring. They think they know it all

And in his cart he had 3 pints of ben and jerrys, 24 pack of coke, pb and jelly, deli meat and some gluten free bread and vegetable chips.

Lots of people like to critique others, but are in denial or ignorant about their very own choices.

Don't hate on PB&J

DIET COKE!! lol

Once a week I walk out of Costco with 10 doz. eggs, almost always get a comment.

Did you happen to notice what was in his cart?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member