over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Groin/Abductor tear advice

Big Vin

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
Was carrying a bench around this morning and it slipped...tried to recover but ended up pulling / tearing something in the left leg. Upper inside (abductor). I can walk, but any load on the abductor is a no go. Icing it now and resting. I know this is a gonna be a slow recovery. I did feel a tear happen...but not sure how these work. Everything I'm seeing says surgery is usually not needed. Anyone with any experience on this?

I tore my groin in 2007. I was young and healthy then. It’s still fucked up. I did proper rehab several times. Rested even took a few months off work and did not train legs for an entire year. My therapist said it would probably never be the same. he was correct. Evidently its the hardest year to overcome. Rest ice and massage did nothing. Stretching hurt it worse do not stretch it bro. If your on steroids my suggestion is to drop them for a while because they hinder your bodies healing process immensely. Body heals best in its own naturally. Trt won’t hurt you and Deca will Not Help. Neither will hgh.

I made an appt with the best sports doctor around here (an NBA team doctor) just to have it checked out. Did you have surgery?

I was told by two orthopedist and three regular doctors that it did not need to be repaired and it would heal. My physical therapist who is my little brother told me they all were wrong and was given a terribly wrong prognosis. Even with surgery, it would never be better. Mine was tore pretty bad. I could not walk at all for several weeks.

Luckily mine isn't quite that bad. I can still walk, gingerly. I'm being very careful not to put a lot of pressure on it ..we
ll see if or how much bruising and swelling there is, in the morning.

Yes def don’t overstretch. If it’s a muscle pull stretching it WILL tear it worse. Once the pain is minimal and you can walk normally light stretching may help but you have to do the right stretches.

Take it easy. I strained mine ten plus years ago on the adduction machine, not sure if pulled bit took a while

Don't have a clue about Groin tear, but I have torn an abductor. Totally sucks!!! Rest is best. Depending on how sever the tear is, it can take 6 to 8 weeks. Icing will help reduce inflammation. Anti-inflammatory medicine like ibuprofen or Naproxen sodium (Aleve) also help reduce inflammation. Help you get well soon!

Saw my sports doc today. Highly suspects torn Abductor Longus. of course, he's sending me for MRI (insurance step)...and order to see the size of the tear. PRP is an option if the tear isn't too long/wide. Says it's not torn off the pubic bone, but just below.
If it's too big for PRP, it's a damn long heal (up to 3 months) but no surgery. We'll see.

Don’t stretch it at all bro. MassGe is ok but stretching will keep tearing it for sure

MRI confirms a 5cm tear of my Abductor Longus. Not off the bone. Grade 2. Too big for PRP. Doc (NBA team doc) recommends just healing it...no surgery (unless I can't live with the associated strength loss). I'm 56, so something to consider.
Slowly it's been feeling better and I'm starting my own rehab. Was able to do standing lunges, extensions, leg curls and light hack squats yesterday. Leg press is still a no go.
Following up with doc in a month. He said there is no rush for surgery should I wish that.

MRI confirms a 5cm tear of my Abductor Longus. Not off the bone. Grade 2. Too big for PRP. Doc (NBA team doc) recommends just healing it...no surgery (unless I can't live with the associated strength loss). I'm 56, so something to consider.
Slowly it's been feeling better and I'm starting my own rehab. Was able to do standing lunges, extensions, leg curls and light hack squats yesterday. Leg press is still a no go.
Following up with doc in a month. He said there is no rush for surgery should I wish that.
I would just continue what you are doing and take it slow. Those tears don't heal super fast because of the origin of them.

Yes, doc is telling me it's a long heal as well. Possible 12 weeks.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws