over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing a stubborn neck

SemiIntense

Registered
So everything is right where I want it to be except my neck..... now I know this is a debatable point but to me, personally, I think a built body with an average neck just looks odd.

I'd like to get the "deadlifts and shrugs" out of the way first, I've been at this for 15 years and if anything my traps are overly-developed and I'm actually looking to back-off too much direct trap work. Over a decade of heavy deeds/rack pulls has put maybe an inch on my neck tops.... not even worth mentioning.

My preferred method has been 4-way work with an IronMind neck harness with EliteFTS bands but over the past 3 years I've gone high rep, ridiculously high rep, and even into triples with VERY heavy weight. I've also done static holds with some pretty heavy bands.... all of this has resulted in basically nothing.

Bridging seems the only other option, my only concern is that I got up to holding bridged with 50 lbs and it was getting really awkward loading anymore weight on.

So if anyone has had a really stubborn neck and got it to grow, I'm all ears.
For reference my chest is 49, waist 29, arms 18 and neck 17.5.... id like my neck to be 19 minimum.... which I don't think is pushing it as in line with the rest of my frame, Id say I should be able to reach at least 18.5. Again, it's just preference, I know some don't like the big neck look outside of functional sport.

Are you being serious? If so I can't really help other than to tell you that I definitely do NOT think SEO is the answer!

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I train my neck on and off for BJJ. I met this dude years ago. His story is legit and he's a legitimate freakazoid. He's a wrestling coach and constantly looks 6 weeks out from a show (but hasn't competed since Teen Nationals in 1999)

nomoreneckproblems.com

I signed up and he basically sent a bunch of emails on how to get a strong neck. Mine goes from 19.5 to 21 when I train it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is an inch and a half on your neck really that important? I had a 19 inch neck back when I trained and gained most of the size from deadlifts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SemiIntense, you sound a lot like me, in that you want a big neck!. Your neck is 17.5", thats pretty big by most standards. I've read that your neck, your biceps, and your calves should be the same size, as far as proportion wise. As for me I use this piece of equipment every other morning before work, The Neck Flex | ,, it really does a great job if you don't have a 4-Way Neck Machine. Since I'm natural, I'm shooting for an 18" inch neck, bi-ceps, and calves; if its even possible at my height at 6'4" tall! rt...

In all seriousness, I train my neck on and off for BJJ. I met this dude years ago. His story is legit and he's a legitimate freakazoid. He's a wrestling coach and constantly looks 6 weeks out from a show (but hasn't competed since Teen Nationals in 1999)

nomoreneckproblems.com

I signed up and he basically sent a bunch of emails on how to get a strong neck. Mine goes from 19.5 to 21 when I train it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave, how frequently would you train your neck? I'm all ears.

SI, the man Dave is referring to seems like the one to listen to. Here's a video of the guy doing some basic neck bridges;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vg5T4vkew]Neck Bridge Workout - Neck Exercise - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I can understand wanting a bigger looking neck, but also understand the bigger your neck gets the more it can contribute to apnea.
And I can tell you from experience-that shit can be no fucking joke.

The only thing I have ever used directly for neck, is the 4 way neck machine, and not every gym has one.

You can have some of my neck. Its about 18-1/2 maybe 19 depending on what I'm doing in the gym. I can't stand not being able to button my dress shirts.

the only thing for neck that I've done is neck curls...

hang your head over the bench put a 45lbs plate on your forehead and start nodding your head

I have read perfect proportions is your calves, neck, amd arms are all the same size...19" neck seems like a good set point

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Thanks for the replies, I'll look into them in detail.

And yes this was a serious question, I have a longer neck.... like I said it's obviously not a big deal to a lot of people but have you guys seen Jeff Willet? No offense to him but that to me looks no different than someone who trains upper body and no legs. Again, just my opinion.

I thought to myself as soon as I saw the thread title that I was gonna make a ball buster statement and say- go to wrestling school... almost every wrestler I know has humungous neck... good link Dave

my neck grew about 6 inches since when I first touched juice. I'd gladly give you some of mine if I could. I do have same size calves, bis, neck. and having big neck was the worst. don't fit in dress shirts and have hard time sleeping. i never trained neck. never would. i don't even think i would recommend it. it is largely genetic determined and an already VERY active muscle so i would just leave it alone.
-JS

it seems like your doing a lot for your neck already.i think neck size will go up as body mass does.

:)
So everything is right where I want it to be except my neck..... now I know this is a debatable point but to me, personally, I think a built body with an average neck just looks odd.

I'd like to get the "deadlifts and shrugs" out of the way first, I've been at this for 15 years and if anything my traps are overly-developed and I'm actually looking to back-off too much direct trap work. Over a decade of heavy deeds/rack pulls has put maybe an inch on my neck tops.... not even worth mentioning.

My preferred method has been 4-way work with an IronMind neck harness with EliteFTS bands but over the past 3 years I've gone high rep, ridiculously high rep, and even into triples with VERY heavy weight. I've also done static holds with some pretty heavy bands.... all of this has resulted in basically nothing.

Bridging seems the only other option, my only concern is that I got up to holding bridged with 50 lbs and it was getting really awkward loading anymore weight on.

So if anyone has had a really stubborn neck and got it to grow, I'm all ears.
For reference my chest is 49, waist 29, arms 18 and neck 17.5.... id like my neck to be 19 minimum.... which I don't think is pushing it as in line with the rest of my frame, Id say I should be able to reach at least 18.5. Again, it's just preference, I know some don't like the big neck look outside of functional sport.

Your neck isn't too small, your arms just got too BIG!:)

Wear this around the house.

Attachments

• brad_neck_train.jpg
    brad_neck_train.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 167

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear