over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing (bulking) at 50+ and injured

alfa

Newbies
Gents,

Your advice is welcomed. Now 50 and 6 months post bicep tendon surgery. I am 6 feet tall and 277 lbs, 12 to 14% bf according to calipers. My arm has healed well and there is still bicep atrophy but im working on it, still a slightly larger gap at the elbow. Been in the gym for 20+ years, been dabbling with juice for 10 and using "properly" for 4, gone from 210 to current 277 in 4 years. Currently off season bulking "or trying" for first show mid november. Current dosage is 750 test cyp, 600 eq 600 tren, protein approx 350g, carbs approx 450g, fats approx 150 to 200g. The thing is i'm stuck at this weight and thinking of switching up to 1000 test e, 750 decca, 600 tren, maybe with var 4 on 4 off and poss 2-4 iu hgh. I will clearly have up the cals and carbs intake accordingly. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Pics?

Taken 8 months before surgery and approx 260 lbs, massive apologies for the photos i know they are crap, but i didnt see the point in comparison photos until my arm was healed. Im in better shape now and a touch leaner.

Attachments

• MBH_3028.jpg
    MBH_3028.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 238
  • Nov 2016 (20).jpg
    Nov 2016 (20).jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 239
If I were you, l would add GH and Insulin instead of increasing AAS doses.

Have you added more calories?

i thought about slin and it seems that lots are using. Slin and GH seem to be the golden goose combined with moderate aas, have you used it before and what were the results?

Sometimes when you get stuck and can't grow past a plateau. It's wise to pull back the gear, pull back the food, and rest the body a bit. Try getting leaner in this process as well.

Then you can start climbing again.

Also, I hate to be that one guy that sounds like a preacher but I would think hard about doing what you are doing at your age. The car has mileage on it (not trying to be offensive); redlining it might not be such a good idea.

At the very least monitor bloodwork closely as you do this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Same age as you, exactly. Aging sucks, no other way around it, but at our age we have to set goals and find that happy medium. I still train as hard as ever, with maybe just a bit longer breaks between sets. As for gear, I went on TRT about 16 months ago and spiced it up with some low dose GH and have been very happy. I've leaned myself way out, and make the muscle I've built all these years stand out. But for me, at this point in my life, I'm about attracting the younger hotties and still keeping up. I don't care about massive lifting anymore, even though I can still lift 80-85% of m maximums at any age, I just back off some. For me, the vascular, cut lean look is where it's at now. This is also healthier going into our older years and keeps the women attracted to us. They do not like some bulked up, swollen roid face on a 50 plus year old guy. Trust me on this. Since changing my approach, the attention I'm getting has been more than at any point in my life.

You goals should be long term now. Maintaining and cutting from now, well into your 60's if not 70's. Think Stallone and some of these other guys pushing 70's now. They leaned out and look good.

If you choose to keep pressing hard and blasting cycles etc, you got max maybe a solid 5 years left. And it will likely cut your life expectancy as it will significantly tax you body at our age. If you can cruise and keep you T around 900-1200 and throw in some GH, clean up the diet, You's likely be very happy with the results.

Just my two cents based on basically being in the same place and age you are.

Last edited:
I think adding cals would be the beginning of the end...

:cool:

I think at a certain age growing via bulking becomes detrimental to ones health especially when talking about 250lbs plus...
if it didn’t happen the previous 30+ years its not going to happen now. And whatever growth one thinks they will have may not be worth ones life. Got to be realistic with those goals and really weigh things out.

Last edited:
Same age as you, exactly. Aging sucks, no other way around it, but at our age we have to set goals and find that happy medium. I still train as hard as ever, with maybe just a bit longer breaks between sets. As for gear, I went on TRT about 16 months ago and spiced it up with some low dose GH and have been very happy. I've leaned myself way out, and make the muscle I've built all these years stand out. But for me, at this point in my life, I'm about attracting the younger hotties and still keeping up. I don't care about massive lifting anymore, even though I can still lift 80-85% of m maximums at any age, I just back off some. For me, the vascular, cut lean look is where it's at now. This is also healthier going into our older years and keeps the women attracted to us. They do not like some bulked up, swollen roid face on a 50 plus year old guy. Trust me on this. Since changing my approach, the attention I'm getting has been more than at any point in my life.

You goals should be long term now. Maintaining and cutting from now, well into your 60's if not 70's. Think Stallone and some of these other guys pushing 70's now. They leaned out and look good.

If you choose to keep pressing hard and blasting cycles etc, you got max maybe a solid 5 years left. And it will likely cut your life expectancy as it will significantly tax you body at our age. If you can cruise and keep you T around 900-1200 and throw in some GH, clean up the diet, You's likely be very happy with the results.

Just my two cents based on basically being in the same place and age you are.

59 here and I agree with this. Its totally a personal issue but I have had both shoulders operated on and my right bicep repaired in the last 6 years. So much wear and tear on the high mileage vehicle... Doing more classic physique events now... bulk too hard to get and keep at this age for me anyway...

Dose

You would be surprised how well you could do on a much lower dose. I used to be caught up in the ever increasing dose game. Then I came on here and had Phil Hernon help me out on a plan. He had me cut my doses down to about 1/3 what I was used to. I feared I would lose size and shrivel up but I actually managed to put on more muscle and lean out. I learned that I was systemically over training.

Chances are you can change something in your diet or exercise regime and make gains on lower doses and or less compounds. Go with a good trainer that has experience. I would do that, especially at your age. You don't want to end up like me and have a heart attack.

6' tall. almost 280.
and 12 percent body fat....
how much bigger do u want to get? over 300?
as was said, that's gonna create health issues.
guys at my gym are like u. their docs yell at them about their bloods and bp but they dont care. and pushing the weights may lead to further tendon issues.
if i had your stats, and im "only" 48, man, i'd lean out to 10 percent and be a godam beast. ur numbers are impressive enough as it is.

You have officially taken over the Mr Alpha role but with class!

-MT

You Guys are funny!
50's Old, well for most I guess. A lot of people are old by 30.
I have buddys that were calling them selves old at 40, when I just got back into bodybuilding. Since then the Last 10yrs have been my best!
Sure I cant do what I could at 30 but that was still 10x more than Most.

Age is in A big way A state of mind. As long as you keep active, eat well and have a positive attitude you can excel well past 50.
Now I do agree that pushin heavy dosages and being way overweight will take yrs off your life you can still go by how you feel!
We all don't age the Same!
My extreme Cardio and low bodyfat levels serve me well. Again downsizing to 250 @ 6% is perfect for my height and needs minimal juice and Food to Maintain. I still have the Drive to push past that as there would be no motivation.
I plan on bringin my Best this Summer at 49 1/2....

By your photos though you could drop 30 lbs easily as those Calipers must be Broken.

funny I don't see ANY post where someone says 50s is old....

you sure youre in the right thread...??

I’m another old fart, being that big just isn’t healthy. Yes 50 is pretty old to be pushing the supplements past TRT.

I have a 14 yr old daughter that I want to watch grow up,.....

I've seen several posts from people with very low IQ's having trouble
processing what they've read and forget what they've posted in the past
and end up exaggerating and not being truthful.......................often.

Many-a-self image issues.

-MT

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member