over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing Crops?

bling

Banned
im the near the tristate area and know that walnuts, apples, cherries, and peaches trees can grow here, want to plant them in my backyard and eat them poss sell them, any body growing any of there own crops and such as these and any success, how do yall think the safety of this would be like them being clean and healthy? plan on doing some lettuce , tomatoes, and spin, watermelon in the summer,

im the near the tristate area and know that walnuts, apples, cherries, and peaches trees can grow here, want to plant them in my backyard and eat them poss sell them, any body growing any of there own crops and such as these and any success, how do yall think the safety of this would be like them being clean and healthy? plan on doing some lettuce , tomatoes, and spin, watermelon in the summer,

i am on the east coast,mid atlantic area and i have several fruit trees on my property,apple,pear,peach and plum.they all produce fruit but you must spray them with fruit tree spray starting in march almost every 2 weeks to get quality fruit.so there is a little bit of work involved,but planting trees of any kind is a good thing so i say go for it.

I just planted a bunch of veggies, and also got some chickens! Fresh eggs!!!

Im on nj shore and was workin in the garden all day today! sun burned like a mother!

i grow tomatoes- broccoli- sugar snap peas-cucumbers- squash- pumpkins- black berries, rasberrys, zucinni and i think thats it lol... i did brustle sprouts and potatoes for the first time last year but they didnt turn out so good.. this will be my second year with broccoli.. its pretty neat growing your own stuff. I picked up the " topsy turby" thing thats been all over tv.. gonna give that a try this year

forgot about grape tomatoes and cherry tomatoes!

This is a great thread. I really like growing my plants using hydroponics. Its really not that expensive to start as you can use simple household things and build it yourself....not to mention that your harvests are very nice and full and fast! A good start is a 4'x4' tray with a 20 gallon container filled with water/fertilizers and a fish tank pump. :cool:

I'm a 'farmer' (own a nursery) and last year i planted a big garden, put in drip irrigation and i use liquid fertilizer on my nursery crops, injected into the water. I had a great idea of really pushing the plants in the garden w/ high fertility. Bad idea, ended up oversized veggies that had no taste. This year my part time tractor driver, and old dude, is 'tending' my garden for me on 1/2s, i'll stick to the nursery business:D

Fruit trees are high maintenance in humid climates, out west it's alot easier, much less disease and bugs to deal with.

If you wanna try and make a little side $, do it organically. I thought about putting in 20 acres of organic vegetables, and selling 'shares' of the crop to local markets, but it's a HUGE hassle dealing with ag crops and the general public, so luckily i came to my senses, i like to be in the gulf catching grouper and snapper too much to be listening to 'Mrs. Jones' bend my ear about how her cucumbers didn't taste good enough or something like that, i tell her where to put the cucumbers and be out of business soon:D

listening to 'Mrs. Jones' bend my ear about how her cucumbers didn't taste good enough or something like that, i tell her where to put the cucumbers and be out of business soon:D

lol. I say go for broke, man! I hear you on this one. I go to farmer's markets and hate hearing housewives bitch about stuff like this.

I think its a wonderful idea to have your own garden and grow your own fresh vegetables. More people should really consider doing this.

Some resources:

Great Northeast Fruit Trees: http://beautifuleasygardens.blogspot.com/2006/06/great-northeast-fruit-trees.html

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
EAST COAST MARITIME CLIMATE
USDA Zones 6 & 7: Raintree specializes in fruit varieties for maritime climates. The Raintree catalog has hundreds of varieties that will thrive in your climate. Those of you who live near the coast from southern Maine to the Maryland eastern shore have a maritime influence that usually prevents the coldest winter temperatures and enables you to grow most of the plants in the Raintree catalog. In the West, our maritime influence extends at least one hundred miles inland. In the east the extent of the maritime influence may go only a few miles inland, but alot of gardeners live in the coastal areas. The ocean influence still provides a longer frost free growing season but a summer with less heat units. Many of the Raintree fruit varieties are suited to your conditions. Select disease resistant cultivars when possible. In the Northeast, even along the coast the weather can get very cold so be sure to check the map to see which zone you are in.

I've got a couple more fruit tree nursery links, but they are at work...

I planted my tomatoes and peppers a little too early this year and we got a late freeze last night and they are toast....I will be replanting them in a couple weeks....The plant nursery love people like me. lol

A lot of the newer neighborhoods where I live have "covenants" that basically outlaw even small gardens in your yard. Amazing. I'm going to plant some "maters" and a cucumber hill and be quite the rebel.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131