over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing delts

don't be fooled by the delts you see on most pros today..

they are, as Aceto says: "muffin'd up"

now i still have to read the rest of the pages but... lol:lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:

this regardless of pro or average joe is a meeeeellllion % true!

if you do injects "right" they make a night n day difference in your delts!
when im only doing small injects i have a very different look. when i go back to doing at least a cc in each delt at the same time once a week they go back to a much more "capped" look.

i know its just the injects but it makes a fuck load of difference! :lightbulb:

few training ideas that helped me...

front n medial delts done with chest, hit rear delts with back.
john meadows has or at least had really great info on this.

for me a big part was fucking with form and dropping weights. especially lat raises. do those fucker light! lol

one exercise i think i got from phil h. was laying on an incline bench and doing lat raises very heavy with the hanging arm. when i do them it honestly makes a difference.

totally different exercise then standing.:lightbulb:

fun fun

i dont have time nor interest to do it and for sure its posted somewhere long ago but... do take time to review the john meadows stuff. he covers this exceptionally well in some videos. it helped me a lot.:lightbulb:

i know phil h is a touchy subject but he too also had some great very old stuff. which was of a lil different perspective training wise.

though ultimately similar.

also review dc...

if that and some good pokes dont help, nothing will! lol

:welcome:

Lay off the overhead presses, your right shoulder sits about an inch lower than the left meaning you have humeral anterior glide on that side> Impingement will happen at some point. Do face pulls every day and hit the rears and sides 4-5x a week.

Could it be the angle the picture was taken giving that appearance? My wife took it, not knocking her, but not exactly a skilled photographer lol

I played baseball my whole life and was right handed, so that could lend to it if it's not the angle. Overhead presses have always been a weak lift for me, always

the left hand bullies

but the right hand gives solution

LOL, very true!!!

I tell my wife "let me know if I'm getting too fluffy" and she does. Had to tell her you let me get a little too fluffy this last time

Back and delts can handle much higher volumes than chest and quads based off all the research. You can hit delts EVERY day. Look at basketball players. They are either blocking and holding out arms to the side (like a bent over lateral) or shooting.

Of course but so can many body parts but for 99% of the population it's probably best not training a bodypart every single day. I also agree with your posts on the low weight and high reps and that would make a difference to the frequency one could do. I think arms and calves can be the same as well. I think daily training is a useful shock method to improve a body part but I wouldn't do it for long periods. So Richie could do some face pulls and lateral raises every gym day first thing over approx 1 month and see what that does. Then go to a more sensible imo long term approch of 2-3 days per week split.

No one needs to overhead press but it feels so good :D I probably won't be able to move my arms when I am 60 but I still go all out every week on shoulder presses.

Back and delts can handle much higher volumes than chest and quads based off all the research. You can hit delts EVERY day. Look at basketball players. They are either blocking and holding out arms to the side (like a bent over lateral) or shooting.

My delts always responded well to the less is more principal. Almost all upper body and some lower body exercises impact delts, they naturally get overtrained. Putting them with chest helps, not training them right next to chest or back helps too.

LOL, very true!!!

I tell my wife "let me know if I'm getting too fluffy" and she does. Had to tell her you let me get a little too fluffy this last time

women don't want solutions. they just want you to listen to them

it's not about the nail

Could it be the angle the picture was taken giving that appearance? My wife took it, not knocking her, but not exactly a skilled photographer lol

I played baseball my whole life and was right handed, so that could lend to it if it's not the angle. Overhead presses have always been a weak lift for me, always

If you played baseball you have GIRD ( glenohumeral internal rotation deficit) Look up that term plus mike reinold or Eric Cressey. IT's not the angle.

If you played baseball you have GIRD ( glenohumeral internal rotation deficit) Look up that term plus mike reinold or Eric Cressey. IT's not the angle.

Just read up on it a little, the Mike Reinold write up but I don't 100% understand what it means though.

I understand I should stop doing the overhead presses and I'm good with that. I just don't understand it all. What will result from the humeral anterior glide? Is any of this reversible? I'm 35 so would like to nip it in the bud if possible

If you want massive delts, here is the simplified version:

1.) Learn how to properly do side and rear lateral raises.

2.) Get super strong on side and rear lateral raises.

3.) Get super strong on overhead presses.

Although accomplishing these things may be easier said than done, by the time you do achieve them, you will have monster delts...period. This formula never fails, just like 1 + 1 always equals 2.

You might be thinking "shouldn't we be using the same formula (progressive resistance and proper technique) for every bodypart"? To that I would say yes. However, you might be surprised at how many people fail to employ these principles when it comes to their side and rear delts. Now, you will frequently see people doing heavy overhead presses...and while overhead movements are important for maximizing front delt mass, the front delts make up a relatively small portion of one's (potential) overall shoulder size.

This is why knowing how to properly perform side and rear laterals, while simultaneously focusing on progressive resistance, is so vitally important. Working primarily on overhead presses in order to get big delts is the equivalent of trying to get big triceps by focusing mainly on triceps kickbacks. It just doesn't work. In the same way, way to many people overly emphasize overhead pressing at the expense of side and rear lateral work...and they never achieve the round, bowling ball look they desire. Much of the reason for this is because they've been told that compound movements are what build the most mass...and that they need to put the most effort into them if they want to get as big as possible.

While this may stand true for most bodyparts (focusing in compound movements), it does NOT stand true for the delts, which is really 3 separate muscles in one, all of which have different functions and which require different movements in order to work properly. require completely different exercises in order to properly stress the individual muscles. You can't rely on compound movements (overhead presses) alone and expect to grow giant delts. This may work for bodyparts like the legs, chest, or back, in which compound movements alone are capable of producing massive development. This is not so for the delts. You can overhead press your ass off until the cows come home and still have relatively small, shitty delts.

Remember, when it comes to the side and rear delts, there aren't really any "compound" exercises for them. Sure, you could say that rows are a compound exercise for the rear delts and wide grip upright rows are a compound exercises for the side delts. But...unlike other bodyparts, in which compound exercises are going to add the most mass, this does NOT stand true for the side and rear delts. For the side and rear delts, isolation exercises (i.e. lateral raises) are king.

In addition to most people not knowing how to properly perform lateral raises, rarely do they use truly impressive weights. This is why their delts suck. If you want huge delts, you need to get beastly strong on laterals. This means that you need to treat them just like you would squats, rows, bench presses, or any other compound movement...because from an effectiveness standpoint, laterals ARE compound movements for the side and rear delts.

Exercise selection is another issue. Unlike many other bodyparts, in which free weights are usually equally or even more effective than their machine counterpart, machine will OFTEN provide superior results for the side and rear delts.

The reverse peck deck is one of the very best rear delt builders in a bodybuilder's repertoire. For many people they are vastly superior to dumbbell rear laterals, as they have a superior strength curve and make isolation of the rear delts much easier. This can allow the bodybuilder to really pile on the weight, dig in, and blast the hell out of his rear delts.

The same can even be said of machine side laterals. While dumbbell side laterals can be extremely effective, a properly designed side lateral machine has many of the same benefits that the reverse peck deck does, while also providing the additional benefit of reduced joint (i.e. elbow) stress. Like the reverse peck deck, a properly designed side lateral machine has a more even strength curve (compared to dumbbells) and automatically places the body in the proper alignment, thereby making isolation of the target muscle easier to achieve.

At the same time, a poorly designed side delt machine is an absolutely horrible choice. In this case dumbbell laterals are far superior. Before I go further, allow me to say that I don't believe that machine side laterals are necessarily better than dumbbell side laterals. When it comes to the rear delts I do believe the reverse peck deck is superior, in general. However, by applying proper technique, the initial shortcomings of dumbbells side laterals (uneven strength curve, etc.) can be overcome, making them highly effective.

Anyway, that's all for me right now. I NEED TO EAT!

Last edited:
Side laterals, mine were a weak part years ago. Doing lots of overhead press, rows, and side laterals. And none of this rocking back and fourth bullshit, a REAL side lateral. Blew mine up!

I swear by 21's. Have your dumbells already laid out. Minimal rest.

Sort of like this, [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpl9KQe7zBQ"]21s for shoulders - YouTube[/ame]

Mikes post :yeahthat:

I realized early on that when i would see guys on stage at local shows, everyone had huge front delt from bench press Monday, and no rear delts. I wanted to stand out so i prioritized read delts. I trained delts hard once a week, but I also started every upperbody workout with 6 sets of rear delts on the reverse pec deck. I’m not sure how long i did this but it really made the rear delts grow quickly. My rear delts always get compliments.

Yep 100% :yeahthat: Once i stopped doing delts with chest and isolated them one day a week they grew like weeds. And i dropset like a mad man. Now my best feature is my shoulders.

anyone who uses the reverse pec deck should watch this
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eOFjmSM9s8"]How to Build Your Rear Delts (NOT REVERSE FLYS!) - YouTube[/ame]

Also Pericles, please answer the questions I asked up above about GIRD

Also Pericles, please answer the questions I asked up above about GIRD

Without manual testing you , your internal and external rotation of your shoulder should equal about 140 degrees. You probably lack external rotation because the internal side (pec minor, subscap) are tight. So development on your pec will take a hit on that side too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws