over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing during a diet

Great post @b-boy thanks

Are you still a low carb guy when cutting? I've found my calorie ceiling, almost to the point of spillover. It's around 3600, higher than that by a bit, really. Getting just a little spillover now, so time to pull back. Do you alternate growing periods and use higher carbs when you can to take advantage, then pull back with lower carbs to maintain insulin sensitivity? That's sorta my plan.
I have a dieting log going right now and tomorrow I make the switch to keto. I have been eating between 285-220 carbs daily. Tomorrow cut carbs down to about 30 grams and raise my fats and keep grinding

I go back and forth between keto and medium carbs (200-300 grams). I go through periods of growing while dieting where I incorporate medium carbs then switch to a pure fat loss goal and go keto. When i need to drop fat especially stubborn fat i use keto and use my fats as a lever. I like to keep good metabolic flexibility thus switching between the two, i want my body to be able to use either fuel source easily. Thus why I never struggle to get into ketosis after coming off a medium carb diet, it takes me about 3 days to get i to a good state of ketosis and I never feel like shit because its an easy switch for my body.

Exactly and very similar to the approach I take. I'm coming off what are, for me, high carbs, about 300 day, and gradually going lower. Noticing extra water, so know it's time to pull back, look to fats mostly for energy (like you have l switch back and forth, so it is a very painless and easy transition). Before I know it, my body is thriving on fats and loving it.

Thanks for all your insight, Brad

Great post. If someone was trying move up a weight class what variables would change for the offseason? Or would they?

Great post. If someone was trying move up a weight class what variables would change for the offseason? Or would they?
Eat your fucking ass off in the offseason, keep a small amount of hormones in your system (HRT to 250mg/wk), small amount of gh to help push the food and not become a fat fuck and smash the fucking log book! Then when its time to diet, give yourself plenty of time and go in a slight calorie deficit, add a small amount of cardio hit the super sauce and continue to lift heavy and hard.

I have a dieting log going right now and tomorrow I make the switch to keto. I have been eating between 285-220 carbs daily. Tomorrow cut carbs down to about 30 grams and raise my fats and keep grinding
I'm curious, when you say 30 carbs do you mean net carbs? Or are all of your carbs essentially from fiber? I'm at 30-35 net carbs right now myself.

I'm curious, when you say 30 carbs do you mean net carbs? Or are all of your carbs essentially from fiber? I'm at 30-35 net carbs right now myself.
30 net carbs

For me it's about the hormones and the discipline.
I'm not that gifted, but I do believe I have been able to somewhat grow into shows the past couple years because of two things:

1) drug use is relatively light in the off season - I simply don't like using a lot.
2) once I engage a prep diet I am 100% disciplined. Even though carbs go down, protein goes up, and timing is meticulous. I'm no slob off-season, but I'm not 100% either.

The more dramatic the contrast in those two items off and on season, the more dramatic the change.

Keeping doses moderate in the offseason only makes sense to me. It's the offseason, you get to EAT. Some test, another anabolic or two and let EATING AND TRAINING your balls off be your metric. Use extras to hang on to muscle so you don't feel and look like shit when you cut back. Give yourself that extra oomph but diet and training take priority.

Eat your fucking ass off in the offseason, keep a small amount of hormones in your system (HRT to 250mg/wk), small amount of gh to help push the food and not become a fat fuck and smash the fucking log book! Then when its time to diet, give yourself plenty of time and go in a slight calorie deficit, add a small amount of cardio hit the super sauce and continue to lift heavy and hard.
Thank you sir. Appreciate it

Keeping doses moderate in the offseason only makes sense to me. It's the offseason, you get to EAT. Some test, another anabolic or two and let EATING AND TRAINING your balls off be your metric. Use extras to hang on to muscle so you don't feel and look like shit when you cut back. Give yourself that extra oomph but diet and training take priority.
Yes but also realize that when we are talking about a guy that needs to put on some serious muscle mass to even be competitive in a state level show THEN I think you should do some good offseason cycles with copies amounts of food, but once you have a decent physique then save the gas peddle for prep time, and let the food be your offseason anabolic.

I'm friends with that young man and I would add that he trains like someone literally has a gun to his closest loved ones' head.

The work ethic of that young man is something that has to be seen to be believed. Hard labor job all day, squatting (ass to ankles) 405+ for 20s at under 200 lbs. in the afternoon.

Line another recent thread, the things that set him apart are brutally hard work and unfailing adherence to his nutritional programming.
People seriously underestimate hard training, I can tell the man trains hard just like I can tell nic walker trains hard. You should push yourself every freaking day in the gym, make even easy days hard. Hell I had an easy leg day today but I still pushed myself hard even though I didn't do any back breaking weight today, a lot of time under tension and pre exhausting exercises

100% agree with this. I don't ever really "blast" in the offseason, just push the food and training.

After this round of shows, I will be doing a mild offseason blast to try and really add some more mass with TONSSSS of food.

Lol, simple huh? Then why doesn't everyone do this? Shit I'm pretty smart but I drop about 30 lbs when I diet down, and that guy was smooth as fuck before dieting.

If someone had a lay off of AAS pre diet I assume they would, but most are just on almost all the time, scared to be flatter and lighter.

his off season weight (before the off AAS period before starting his prep) was 201 implying a 24lb actual weight loss from his heaviest to now.

Obviously numerous variables at play here but we know the drill.

I'm friends with that young man and I would add that he trains like someone literally has a gun to his closest loved ones' head.

The work ethic of that young man is something that has to be seen to be believed. Hard labor job all day, squatting (ass to ankles) 405+ for 20s at under 200 lbs. in the afternoon.

Line another recent thread, the things that set him apart are brutally hard work and unfailing adherence to his nutritional programming.

When he is getting it at high intensity like this, how much does he rest between sets on average? Im having a hard time finding httat sweet spot for myself. I spend 45-an hour at the gym and feel like Im rushing. Im thinking if I was there over an hour with similar high iintensity but similar overall workload, I may get the results Ive been wanting.

When he is getting it at high intensity like this, how much does he rest between sets on average? Im having a hard time finding httat sweet spot for myself. I spend 45-an hour at the gym and feel like Im rushing. Im thinking if I was there over an hour with similar high iintensity but similar overall workload, I may get the results Ive been wanting.

You answered your own question bro, do what works for you

This is the post of the fukken year! What Brad stated and understands and follows is exactly what DC has stated for many years now. Once people implement this with ass-busting eating and training and consistency they will be amazed and not go back. Yes, it's boring as fukk using just test in the off-season, but it saves you more money for food, and doing fun stuff outside of the gym with family and hobbies. When prep comes up, kick it in gear. I don't even want to keep writing because he wrote it out so perfect and I don't want tom ruin and rape his post! lol

Aikman, just curious, how tall is the guy in the picture (kpfitness23)?
I’m horrible guessing height (I’m 6’2”, so pretty much everyone is ‘somewh down there’ to me!), but I’d guess 5’7”-5’8”-ish?

Dusty made a comment, and I’ll try not
To butcher it.

There’s training, drugs and food to be really big, you have to have 2 out of the three. Training always has to be there, and HARD. Then you need massive food...(off-season) and drugs can be low. So you have food and training. Then contest prep, food comes down, drugs come up. So you have training and drugs (2 out of 3) in contest prep.

The old mantra of train big, eat big and sleep big still holds true. The sleep big was my toughest thing to do. I put on well over 40 pounds of muscle with this. And then used AS later and got another boost to the next level.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear