over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing in a calorie deficit??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I'm mention my digestive sit here a few times in detail but the reader's digest version is this
i can't digest more than 25-30g protein at a time and the soonest I can eat is 3 hr after each meal so this greatly impacts the amount of nutrients I can get in during the day and fats absolutely tear my stomach up in I get more 10-15 grams at a time

so I've been able to work up to this diet over the last few weeks but with only 5g EAA per serving , and simply taking my 140mg/wk TRT and 2iu a day HGH Ive been able to maintain body weight but only training three times a week , I'd like to get back to 4-5 times a week

so my thoughts are to implement a little insulin and more HGH along with a lot more anabolics to see if I can actually add some muscle back.
I think there might be enough "protein" here with the added EAAs helping take place of a little protein. The carbs are WAY higher than I've ever taken in for more than a day.

this is the plan , just looking for opinions or ideas.
the Gatorade will be swapped out for another carb drink periodically and the proteins will be rotated to include eggs , shrimp and oysters to keep a full amino spectrum.

7:00: 25g protein , 90g Cream of rice , 15g Almond butter , 10g EAA+25g carbs from Gatorade

8:45: 10iu Novolin-R , 4iu HGH , strart sipping intra shake
20g EAA , 75g dextrose, 10g creatine , 10g Glutamine , 5g citulline malate

9:00: training

10:30: 25g Whey Isolate , 75g potato starch , 10g EAA

1:30: 4oz 93% ground turkey , 12oz sweet potato , 10g EAA+25g carbs from Gatorade

4:30: 5oz Catfish , 12oz boiled new potatoes , 10g EAA+25g carbs from Gatorade
10iu Novolin-R , 4iu HGH

7:30: 3oz Sirloin , 12oz sweet potato , 10g EAA+25g carbs from Gatorade

10:00 25g Casein , 25g potato starch , 10g EAA

I realize that this only equals around 3100 calories but the EAA don't account for any calorie
the EAA I use are the True Nutrition so in addition to the EAA there are BCAA including Leucine
I'm not looking to add a ton of size or anything just fill back out to a lean 250ish pounds which I have been well over for years so I'm not trying to add new tissue just fill back in what I had

anabolics will be 300mg test and 500mg EQ to start with

why not humalog? You could do it 4-5x day
Novolin-R is a lot cheaper and readily available
I considered using log and taking it with each meal but figure I'd be us so much it would get expensive and a pain in the ass
BUT
depending how effectively I can control the Blood Glucose I may end up using the log as I'm sure I will be easier to keep the BG in check

Novolin-R is a lot cheaper and readily available
I considered using log and taking it with each meal but figure I'd be us so much it would get expensive and a pain in the ass
BUT
depending how effectively I can control the Blood Glucose I may end up using the log as I'm sure I will be easier to keep the BG in check
It is easier for me. I find r to be too unpredictable. Sometimes it will act like log and other times it will spike once then spike again and I’ll end up feeding the insulin...a recipe to store fat.

You’ll probably be better with it than I was but I still think log is superior by a long shot.

Preferably coupled with lantus...

It is easier for me. I find r to be too unpredictable. Sometimes it will act like log and other times it will spike once then spike again and I’ll end up feeding the insulin...a recipe to store fat.

You’ll probably be better with it than I was but I still think log is superior by a long shot.

Preferably coupled with lantus...
I gets inconsistent for me when I inject it su-Q , when I shoot it IM it's really stable and clears the system faster. This is a big reason that I shoot everything IM now , Insulin , HGH , 20mg TRT. Seeing how much faster the insulin reaction was I figure that everything should be absorbed faster than Sub-Q

I feel like you could do some growing from this, but it’ll probably be slow and steady
I'll also add, a workout like DC 3x a week still. You don't want to be burning too many calories to gain. Up the volume if you get a little fluffy.

I'll also add, a workout like DC 3x a week still. You don't want to be burning too many calories to gain. Up the volume if you get a little fluffy.
I agree. Definitely needs to be low volume. I think the two way split would be perfect, and gunsmith, like you’re doing keep carbs high to make up for the protein. I too have major digestive issues and have recently started doing this and it’s working very well for me. I’m actually getting hungry for some of my meals. I’m currently getting around 225 grams of protein daily, but around 7-900 grams of carbs depending on day. Normally I would be eating 3-350 grams of protein daily. Weight is moving up

And I don’t so much think you’re mean calorie deficit, as you do protein deficit? Am I understanding this correctly gunsmith?

For the records, EAAs DO have calories.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210817-080918~2.png
    Screenshot_20210817-080918~2.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 24
Don't get it wrong buddy but you keep assuming some strange topics and looking for wonderful easier ways to get there, this is another such thread ...
You have to accept that some people are just not designed to do something consistently. Simple but brutal truth - you can't eat a lot, you can't stand headache, fatigue, you have a lot of side effects after each drug, bodybuilding or even above-average muscles are not and never will be for you

Don't get it wrong buddy but you keep assuming some strange topics and looking for wonderful easier ways to get there, this is another such thread ...
You have to accept that some people are just not designed to do something consistently. Simple but brutal truth - you can't eat a lot, you can't stand headache, fatigue, you have a lot of side effects after each drug, bodybuilding or even above-average muscles are not and never will be for you
Actually I'm just fighting to get to where I was , I've put in the time and suffering , I'm not looking for an "easy way" to do anything.
I'm trying to find ANY way. It's physically impossible for me to eat the volume of food that I did pre surgery.
I guess if I had the quitter mentality that you do I'd just accept it , but I don't.
If someone told you to go pick up a 20 ton rail car would you look at it and say "that's simply impossible"??? Or would you use that squishy shit between your ears for something useful and construct a plan and device to get the job done??

And I don’t so much think you’re mean calorie deficit, as you do protein deficit? Am I understanding this correctly gunsmith?
Even with adding in the 280 calories from EAA that still only puts me in the 3250-3300 calorie range , which if I only train 4 days a week would have me near a neutral calorie intake/output.
Unfortunately I have a pretty busy job where getting 12,000-15,000 steps a day about 1/3 of which are stairs so that drastically impact my calorie expenditure.
Before adding the EAAs I was able to maintain my weight by adding in 2-3 packs of poptarts a day. My gut was not to happy about that but I wasn't shitting my brains out like if I add a few extra ounce of meat or fat.

Do you get along well with honey? One of the most dense sources of CHO and rarely anyone has troubles with It.

Do you get along well with honey? One of the most dense sources of CHO and rarely anyone has troubles with It.
Good point. Honey can actually be soothing to the digestive tract

Honestly I never even thought about it , I stopped buying honey when my local guy moved.
I'll find another local source and try it out

Yeah that was my thought is well honey, olive oil (I assume peanut butter would not work), etc. You don't need to get to 8,000 calories a day but with liquid calories like that could you get to 3,500-3,750 and find ways to reduce calorie burn?

It looks like you have a demanding job but even if you could slow down your burn a little. Even alter your strength training in more of a Dante/Dorian type of method. Hit it fast, heavy, and hard with lower volume and be done. I'd try to find a way to increase calories by a few hundred and simultaneously reduce calorie burn...even a small amount.

Thinking about if you could even keep your steps to 11,000-12,000 instead of 14,000-15,000. I'm not sure if you can control that but it would make a huge difference.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131