over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing into a competition?

This is very interesting post..I personally like this not being on for 6-8 months out of the year..I can see it being very healthy to the body, push you dont have to push the doses up during prep phase..Can you go into more detail about this...Im very interestined in this kind of growing into show...How hard does he train during the offseason, and how clean or how much does he eat during his clean time...???

chris

he trains more like a powerlifter in the offseason, usually every other day or every 2 days if he feels not rested well.has a squat day,bench day and deadlift day adds another 2-3 basic exerc (leg press,dips,cgbp,military press,rows etc),goes as heavy as he can.
don't know his exact diet in the offseason (don't think if he has any...),last time we trained he said he had big bowl of oats and 6 whole eggs in the morning, then chicken and salad at work and then after training he would have protein shake and whatever makes his wife for dinner-beef,chicken,potatoes,yams.that's it.he feels that it is more than enough to maintain his strength,size and stay very lean.also takes few weeks off training before his prep.

during the precontest it is whole different story, he does much higher volume with a lot of pump-feel sets, does cardio 2 times a day,eats a ton of food and his body changes EVERY single day, he looks even different in the morning and after his last meal

funny thing is that his supps dosages haven't changed last 3 years,but he's heavier 20-22lbs onstage

LOL, im sure dante would have something very interesting to say!!!!

all i will say is this (speaking for myself not dante) is if you guys think you are going to put slabs of muscle on your frame doing it that way then your out of your fucking minds!

BBoy/DC/other experts,

i think the thing that jumps out at me most is that in order to 'grow into a show' you are really rebuilding muscle you already had, meaning you were bigger before you took your super supplement break(or went 'clark kent' as you put it). So once you tighten up the diet, add super supplements back in, and begin contest prep you are really just getting back to the weight(LBM) you were before? Right.

I have started contest prep at 210(was lazy offseason and was off everything for about 6 months) and then ended up stepping onstage at 198(and i was a bit chubby to begin with). I had been up to 250 prior to taking the break from super supplements and took a real 'off-season'. For me, i knew that was muscle memory and dialing everything back in, is that what we are talking about?

I just cannot imagine adding a ton of mass while being on a semi-calorie restricted diet. Thats what i see as growing into the show, i am having trouble wrapping my mind around someone having only ever being 210 and stepping onstage at 198. Can you explain, it has been a long day and i am confused

BBoy/DC/other experts,

i think the thing that jumps out at me most is that in order to 'grow into a show' you are really rebuilding muscle you already had, meaning you were bigger before you took your super supplement break(or went 'clark kent' as you put it). So once you tighten up the diet, add super supplements back in, and begin contest prep you are really just getting back to the weight(LBM) you were before? Right.

I have started contest prep at 210(was lazy offseason and was off everything for about 6 months) and then ended up stepping onstage at 198(and i was a bit chubby to begin with). I had been up to 250 prior to taking the break from super supplements and took a real 'off-season'. For me, i knew that was muscle memory and dialing everything back in, is that what we are talking about?

I just cannot imagine adding a ton of mass while being on a semi-calorie restricted diet. Thats what i see as growing into the show, i am having trouble wrapping my mind around someone having only ever being 210 and stepping onstage at 198. Can you explain, it has been a long day and i am confused

Could one of our experts let me know if i am following right or if i am really confused( or pm me), please.

Could one of our experts let me know if i am following right or if i am really confused( or pm me), please.
i really don't understand what your asking? yes you can grow on a precontest diet going into a show, when you first start dieting you are not in a huge calorie restriction anyways, plus when people "downsize" offseason they are not eating that many calories thus they are smaller and lean, but when precontest diet starts they actually are increasing the calories that they were eating offseason and getting bigger and leaner. Unless you are a huge muscular mofo this is a very stupid way of going about things. Kevin levrone was a huge mofo and could easily get away with doing this and building into a show, hell even at his smallest he still had a shit ton of muscle, then up the calories and add in super supplements plus well above average genetics and you have a top olympia finisher every year :). On the other hand if your a heavyweight who has not even begun to fill out his frame this is not the best way of doing things. One of my workout partners is the exact same way he is very very lean in the offseason, but doesn't eat much food and barely gets above 205 (on cycle) but he starts prepping for a show and he starts eating a shitload more "quality food" and boom he starts growing and getting stronger than he ever was and ends up hitting the stage at a cross-striated, dry to the bone, 196lbs, so he actually increased lean muscle mass dieting for a show!!!!

i really don't understand what your asking? yes you can grow on a precontest diet going into a show, when you first start dieting you are not in a huge calorie restriction anyways, plus when people "downsize" offseason they are not eating that many calories thus they are smaller and lean, but when precontest diet starts they actually are increasing the calories that they were eating offseason and getting bigger and leaner. Unless you are a huge muscular mofo this is a very stupid way of going about things. Kevin levrone was a huge mofo and could easily get away with doing this and building into a show, hell even at his smallest he still had a shit ton of muscle, then up the calories and add in super supplements plus well above average genetics and you have a top olympia finisher every year :). On the other hand if your a heavyweight who has not even begun to fill out his frame this is not the best way of doing things. One of my workout partners is the exact same way he is very very lean in the offseason, but doesn't eat much food and barely gets above 205 (on cycle) but he starts prepping for a show and he starts eating a shitload more "quality food" and boom he starts growing and getting stronger than he ever was and ends up hitting the stage at a cross-striated 196lbs, so he actually increased lean muscle mass dieting for a show!!!!

BBoy,

i just wanted to make sure i was understanding correctly. And from your explanation i was thinking the same thing. The way it was being discussed had me thinking there was some secret i was missing here, like this was THE WAY to add muscle.

i think that i am slightly sleep deprived and a little slow yesterday and today=-) Thanks for the reply.

As B-boy and others have stated, I think this is for advanced bodybuilders that have been at that muscle size at one point. You must get there first in order to grow into that weight, do not expect to grow into a 215lb competition frame if you have never weighed a lean, full 215 before. Do not worry, I was wondering the same thing about growing into competition, but so many factors play a role and maybe one day my body can go this route, but just not yet. For now I will stick to progressive and productive offseasons and good strict precompetition dieting!

Last edited:
he starts prepping for a show and he starts eating a shitload more "quality food" and boom he starts growing and getting stronger than he ever was and ends up hitting the stage at a cross-striated, dry to the bone, 196lbs, so he actually increased lean muscle mass dieting for a show!!!!

i think you actually "discovered" "the secret" of what dante and some pros are trying to say, its just simple as doing that all year round... and you will be growing year round...

we have a gene to overcomplicate things but you ringed the bell with that statment, ive seen some of the pros trying to tell that even dante you can build muscle while ripping some bf if your concistent and eat shit tons of QUALITY foods + super supss + cardio + sups + training and BOOOM!

now that i realize this, every pro that shares some kwoledge are telling the same , that´s the main reason they dont input that mutch in this thread is so basic ...

you made my day

i think you actually "discovered" "the secret" of what dante and some pros are trying to say, its just simple as doing that all year round... and you will be growing year round...

we have a gene to overcomplicate things but you ringed the bell with that statment, ive seen some of the pros trying to tell that even dante you can build muscle while ripping some bf if your concistent and eat shit tons of QUALITY foods + super supss + cardio + sups + training and BOOOM!

now that i realize this, every pro that shares some kwoledge are telling the same , that´s the main reason they dont input that mutch in this thread is so basic ...

you made my day
yes but in the instance using my workout partner, he has an extremely high metabolism, and this is just his natural way of doing things and yes he will add about 4-5 contest pounds a year (at his age and experience of training it should and could be a lot more), but he needs to be much much bigger, freaktt on here is a national level contender and he competed against my workout partner at the northern kentucky bodybuilding championships and my workout partner was the most shredded guy in that entire show BUT he could not compete with the size and density that freaktt carries, and this will always be the case until he force feeds himself in the offseason and makes himself put on a lot of weight with a slight amount of fat and throw some serious heavy slag iron.

yes but in the instance using my workout partner, he has an extremely high metabolism, and this is just his natural way of doing things and yes he will add about 4-5 contest pounds a year (at his age and experience of training it should and could be a lot more), but he needs to be much much bigger, freaktt on here is a national level contender and he competed against my workout partner at the northern kentucky bodybuilding championships and my workout partner was the most shredded guy in that entire show BUT he could not compete with the size and density that freaktt carries, and this will always be the case until he force feeds himself in the offseason and makes himself put on a lot of weight with a slight amount of fat and throw some serious heavy slag iron.

B-Boy, I think you need to get a shirt made that says PROGRESSION on the front of it and Heavy Slag Iron on the back of the shirt! You could add graphics if you like such as some bent iron barbells or something. But, what is said is true to the point.

B-Boy, I think you need to get a shirt made that says PROGRESSION on the front of it and Heavy Slag Iron on the back of the shirt! You could add graphics if you like such as some bent iron barbells or something. But, what is said is true to the point.
ha no those are DC's words!!!! I just find myself using them so much cause there have never been truer words spoken when it comes to the iron game! :)

ha no those are DC's words!!!! I just find myself using them so much cause there have never been truer words spoken when it comes to the iron game! :)

Yes, those are DC's words, but we all reference him so many times and if not more than himself because he has such great words of wisdom. Gotta love the iron game...always a challenge waiting for us.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131