over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing into a competition?

Lucian, I was wondering you could outline your meals/eating while you are growing into your competiton...I think would give people a better perspective of how you increase your intake from offseason to precompetition. It sounds like all is going well and I know that growing into a competition is for more of a vet. Keep it going bro!

glad to

wakup 30 min of cardio
meal 1 3 packets of quaker wt control oatmeal
4 oz liquid egg white
2 scoops whey
blend and make pancakes

meal 2
2 packets of the same oatmeal
3 whey

train 1 tbsp bcaa powder w 1 tbsp glutamine
post workout 1 1/2 cups mixed brown and white rice
3 scoops whey

meal 4 1 1/2 cups white n brown rice mixed
6 oz chicken
3 tbsp of black beans and tobasco sauce on all of it. mmmmmmm!!

meal 5 8 oz yam
2 talapia fillets

cardio 30 min about 1 hr later

1 hr after cardio 3 scoops whey

before bed 2 whey

thats my 7 meal and my cardio schedule. its no secret. im eating more now and even beef 3 times a week. the faster my metabolism gets the more i can eat, the leaner i get and the bigger i get. i have no idea what will happen in the next 3 weeks. im changing daily. its pretty crazy stuff!!!if you look the foods are the smae from dave p raising the bar. sometimes i eat tuna, but thats about it. the foods tha work. anyone who is going to the pittsburgh in 3 weeks will see the difference growing to a show has made for me. is it new muscle? i dont know. i have been pretty heavy before so i guessing its muscle i have dieted away before which was always a big problem for me cuz i bulked up too much.

plus like this i wont have to do anything drastic for the final few days. i staying full, getting lean and not having to starve and kill myself w cardio.

lucian

glad to

wakup 30 min of cardio
4 oz liquid egg white
2 scoops whey
blend and make pancakes

meal 2
3 whey

3 scoops whey

6 oz chicken

meal 5 8 oz yam
2 talapia fillets

before bed 2 whey

thats my 7 meal and my cardio schedule. its no secret. im eating more now and even beef 3 times a week. the faster my metabolism gets the more i can eat, the leaner i get and the bigger i get. i have no idea what will happen in the next 3 weeks. im changing daily. its pretty crazy stuff!!!if you look the foods are the smae from dave p raising the bar. sometimes i eat tuna, but thats about it. the foods tha work. anyone who is going to the pittsburgh in 3 weeks will see the difference growing to a show has made for me. is it new muscle? i dont know. i have been pretty heavy before so i guessing its muscle i have dieted away before which was always a big problem for me cuz i bulked up too much.

plus like this i wont have to do anything drastic for the final few days. i staying full, getting lean and not having to starve and kill myself w cardio.

lucian

Wow !!! thanks for the great post !!! Good info there

chris

glad to

wakup 30 min of cardio
4 oz liquid egg white
2 scoops whey
blend and make pancakes

meal 2
3 whey

3 scoops whey

6 oz chicken

meal 5 8 oz yam
2 talapia fillets

before bed 2 whey

lucian

Very interesting, thanks for posting. It actually looks very similar to what Alex A has outlined as his precontest diet.

glad to

wakup 30 min of cardio
4 oz liquid egg white
2 scoops whey
blend and make pancakes

meal 2
3 whey

3 scoops whey

6 oz chicken

meal 5 8 oz yam
2 talapia fillets

before bed 2 whey

lucian
ok nice bro, but what was your offseason diet like???

glad to

wakup 30 min of cardio
4 oz liquid egg white
2 scoops whey
blend and make pancakes

meal 2
3 whey

3 scoops whey

6 oz chicken

meal 5 8 oz yam
2 talapia fillets

before bed 2 whey

lucian

Thanks Lucian for the layout, Offseason approach would be cool to see the differences between the two. Thanks for the information. Sounds like it is going well and you leaning up to show.

thanks guys.

my offseason was only about 2 months. i kept my wt down. i was 208lb at the heaviest. i did a lot of mrp cuz they are easy, occasional wendys run but no mayo only mustard, sushi was every sat. but a lot of whey mixed w oatmeal blended and drank.

i do feel that keeping the wt down helped alot. if i bulked back up on crap for 2 months i would have had to eat less and do more cardio. i do feel this is the way to go for me. is it for everyone...no but no one way is perfect. its all about experimenting. you gotta find out what works for you. the one thing i can say is......diet and consistancy are the real key added to the amazing genetics that make these pros so great. even phil hernon in a youtube video stated he decided to eat the best he can everyday not just a few months before a show. if we all did that all the time.......we would make some amazing improvements fast. its hard to do year round. but i feel bulking up from now on is not the way for me to go to maximize my physique.

lucian

my offseason was only about 2 months. i kept my wt down. i was 208lb at the heaviest. i did a lot of mrp cuz they are easy, occasional wendys run but no mayo only mustard, sushi was every sat. but a lot of whey mixed w oatmeal blended and drank.

i do feel that keeping the wt down helped alot. if i bulked back up on crap for 2 months i would have had to eat less and do more cardio. i do feel this is the way to go for me. is it for everyone...no but no one way is perfect. its all about experimenting. you gotta find out what works for you. the one thing i can say is......diet and consistancy are the real key added to the amazing genetics that make these pros so great. even phil hernon in a youtube video stated he decided to eat the best he can everyday not just a few months before a show. if we all did that all the time.......we would make some amazing improvements fast. its hard to do year round. but i feel bulking up from now on is not the way for me to go to maximize my physique.

lucian

Well put Lucian. Each and everyone's body is different. You are finding out what works for YOUR body and I think that is what makes bodybuilding a great sport. The challenge of finding ways to progress with our physiques! We come in all sizes, shapes, and structure...do what your body structure allows = Hard work and Consistency pays off eventually! Thanks for the input bro!

I don't wanna re-copy & paste that diet but it was a great post Lucian...on the topic of growing into a show where's TP4U @...? He managed to do that if I'm not mistaken that past season & at showtime, he looked great(won his class too)

Lucian,

i see the fats are very low on your diet. Do you think in order to grow into the show low fat works best or just in general low fat works best for you and thats why you use it?

cardio

glad to

wakup 30 min of cardio
4 oz liquid egg white
2 scoops whey
blend and make pancakes

meal 2
3 whey

3 scoops whey

6 oz chicken

meal 5 8 oz yam
2 talapia fillets

before bed 2 whey

lucian

How intense is your cardio? walking,running,stepper?

fats are low cuz that what works for me. brad hollibaugh helped me a few years ago and thats one of the things i learned. i got leaner woth the low fats.

i walk on the tredmill. keep your heart rate in the fatburnging zone. it actually makes a difference. ever see cutler and levrone do cardio? even kai looked like he was outa breath moving slow....it doesnt matter cuz its different for everyone.

Staying leaner in the offseason has worked for me!
Screw dropping 50lbs in diet phase! Bulk muscle not fat!!

NTR

a buddy of mine is doing it every year the past 4 years and he's growing into to the show not because of muscle memory, he's heavier onstage 6-10 pounds every year...
what he's doing is very simple,healthy and not expensive...every year he's doing one real cycle 12-16 weeks very basic 1-2g total...as far as diet the last time from the beginning of his prep to 4 weeks out for the 2-3 days he was taking 1.5g/lb carbs and protein then 2-3days of 3g/lb carbs the same protein then repeat again...cardio 45 min x 2 times a day 5 times a week (leg day and sundays off cardio) from 4 weeks/out to 1w/o he lowered his carbs a little bit (1-0.5g/lb),final week:mond-wed depletion (still was taking 50-100g carbs), then thrusday 800g carbs, friday 400-500g, comp day-lowered carbs a little but added peanut butter,no diuretics at all and was dry and shredded onstage...
after comp for 4 weeks he stays on 300-400g test prop only to get a rebound then no gear no gh no slin for 7-8 whole months.in the past he was doing few 6 week cycles in the offseason but found that it is better to stay clean for better gains during prep cycle...during offseason he stays very lean,eats clean but only 3-5 times a day,sometimes even less,adds healthy fats to his diet,trains 2-4times a week,no cardio,takes 4-6 weeks off training before comp cycle...so basically lives like a normal person,makes money,spends a lot of time with this family friends are not worrying if misses a meal or workout or injection etc in the offseason,but in the precontest he's a whole different person...
last time competed at 264 at 6', now he is 255-257 clean for 4 months...

a buddy of mine is doing it every year the past 4 years and he's growing into to the show not because of muscle memory, he's heavier onstage 6-10 pounds every year...
what he's doing is very simple,healthy and not expensive...every year he's doing one real cycle 12-16 weeks very basic 1-2g total...as far as diet the last time from the beginning of his prep to 4 weeks out for the 2-3 days he was taking 1.5g/lb carbs and protein then 2-3days of 3g/lb carbs the same protein then repeat again...cardio 45 min x 2 times a day 5 times a week (leg day and sundays off cardio) from 4 weeks/out to 1w/o he lowered his carbs a little bit (1-0.5g/lb),final week:mond-wed depletion (still was taking 50-100g carbs), then thrusday 800g carbs, friday 400-500g, comp day-lowered carbs a little but added peanut butter,no diuretics at all and was dry and shredded onstage...
after comp for 4 weeks he stays on 300-400g test prop only to get a rebound then no gear no gh no slin for 7-8 whole months.in the past he was doing few 6 week cycles in the offseason but found that it is better to stay clean for better gains during prep cycle...during offseason he stays very lean,eats clean but only 3-5 times a day,sometimes even less,adds healthy fats to his diet,trains 2-4times a week,no cardio,takes 4-6 weeks off training before comp cycle...so basically lives like a normal person,makes money,spends a lot of time with this family friends are not worrying if misses a meal or workout or injection etc in the offseason,but in the precontest he's a whole different person...

Thanks for the post...good information and sounds about how people do it when they choose to grow into a show. Clean up and then re-introduce what is needed to grow more lean tissue into a show.

THIS IS IT!

One easy way to grow into a show is stay very lean and take huge breaks from "supplements". so when you start dieting for a show you will most like increase your calories and introduce hormones and you will grow, grow, grow.

It is the long break from supps ( like six months) that makes you respond much better when you resume taking them, and the added calories , also upping the intensity and or volume helps too.

try and see dvd o kevin levrone he was doing just that... stoped everything for 6-8months and the 4-6 months prior competition he was back in super hardcore

This is very interesting post..I personally like this not being on for 6-8 months out of the year..I can see it being very healthy to the body, push you dont have to push the doses up during prep phase..Can you go into more detail about this...Im very interestined in this kind of growing into show...How hard does he train during the offseason, and how clean or how much does he eat during his clean time...???

chris

i would love to know doggcrap opinion on this matter
LOL, im sure dante would have something very interesting to say!!!!

all i will say is this (speaking for myself not dante) is if you guys think you are going to put slabs of muscle on your frame doing it that way then your out of your fucking minds!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear