over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing up on a farm

witefall

Registered
The thread by Creation about raw milk got me thinking about my earlier years and my dad and grandpa and their diet and physical labor.

There is a reason why my grandpa and dad grew up drinking tons of raw milk and eating tons of bacon, ham, fried eggs and fried chicken and cooked all veggies in fatback and such and never had a problem with heart disease.

They worked their asses off 6 days a week on the farm! My grandpa lived into his 80's and was still working outside daily when he passed away. I could never try to eat a diet like his b/c I don't perform the type of physical labor he did.

Even in the middle of my weight training days when I was my strongest, my grandpa could still go toe to toe with me lifting on the farm and he was in his late 60's!!!!

I often wonder if a professional bodybuilder had sponsorship and enough money to support him/herself and could dedicate their life only to bodybuilding . . . I wonder how they would do if they ate like my grandpa and others that lived off their land/farm. If you went to the gym and trained 2-3 times a day, compound movements that used heavy weights and required a large cardio demand such as squats, deadlifts, pull ups, push presses, dragging a weighted sled and ect . . . and ate those types of food . . . tons of protein and fat from animal sources and carbs from milk, veggies, homemade biscuits and grits and honey . . . I wonder if you could even overtrain on a diet like that.

Add in just some Test/gh. I really wonder.

10 hours of hard physical labor for 6 days a week, eating like that, and my grandpa and dad probably stayed around 8-10% bodyfat their entire lives without even thinking about it. No blood pressure issues, healthy entire life and strong as a bull!

Just makes me wonder.

Was Jay Cutler growin up in a farm till 16years old?

I believe everyone would do better being raised on a farm. I wish I was. Here's a related article.

**broken link removed**

Yep, if folks grew up on a farm and spent a couple years in the military the world would be a better place.

My dad owned a drywall company when I was growing up. He used to eat a dozen whole eggs and half a loaf of toasted white bread with butter for breakfast. He was strong as hell, lean and mean. He still trains 3x a week at 73y/o.

And my ex throws coach (several time olympic and WC competitor) for shot-put/Hammer, grew up on a farm and told me how he used to use hooks to throw hay bails up to the top door of a barn to be stacked there...dozens of them. The first time he ever power cleaned he did 308! I couldnt do that until my first year in college. Fuckin' suburbs! :banghead:

I believe everyone would do better being raised on a farm. I wish I was. Here's a related article.

**broken link removed**

good read, makes a lot of sense

brock lesnar and legendary strongman magnus samuelson are farm boys if memory serves me

There are definitely some correlative factors with the rural life and longevity, but there were a few parts that I got a chuckle from.

First of all, let me state that I have lived in a rural all my life, and continue to do so-my town's economic backbone is farming, and the nearest city is 45 minutes away. My grandparents all lived into the 80s and 90s. Clearly, I can relate to some of the things that Ron Kosloff saw.

As aforementioned, I agree with the majority of the article's ideas. One should eat meat, fat, and veggies (I tear up some brisket, mashed taters and greens as often as possible, specially the turnip greens :D). Some agenda's of pushing the "thy art holy to me Weston", like the Alzheimer-diet correlation-"...Alzheimer's was virtually unheard of in the early 1900s.." focus made me go "wtf".

Why?

Well simply put, the main reason Alzheimer's was unheard of, as well as other degenerative diseases, is not due to strictly diet, but longevity-in other words, diseases of affluence.

Take my grandmother, for instance. She was born in 1918. During that time, polio was prevalent, as well as measles, mumps, pneumonia and other killers. Penicillin wouldn't even come to market for another 20 years! Not only that, by the time my grandmother turned 10, the Great Depression began. That makes it hard to expect people to live past 60, much less 50 years of age. Hell, my grandmother's mother died after giving birth to her, and nearly all her brothers died in their 20s and 30s. Then I read, " People having heart attacks in their 40s and 50s was unheard of..", and get a good chuckle. :rolleyes:n Another "Wtf" I recieved was after reading "..they never heard of prescription drugs or vaccines.." Why do you think people accepted vaccines so widely (except for modern controversies)? Well, they got tired of their children dying.

Great idea to get people to eat meat, fat, and veggies. I'm all for that. Yet, to make people think that farm life will make you disease-free and youthful until you suddenly drop dead at 110-now that's a little silly.

Also, Cherokee were not from the Great Plains, and although possible, it's silly to say that native americans ate solely meat. Hell, they made Pemmican (got berries in it)!

PS My grandmother ended up with dentures (damn you, Ron :p)

This makes me miss my grandmother and her damn good corn bread.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131