over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growth Principles for Beginners-By Big A

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Figure I post this up with all the diet, training and gear related questions and the magic formula to getting big since that theme seems reoccurring for questions lately.

Does anyone ever read the article section! Especially the newer people! Only addition I can see since GH is so affordable now is add 4iu ED to to the GEAR section AFTER you stop showing good consistent gains with whats already posted by Big A.

Growth Principles for Beginners

This is a general guide for beginning and intermediate bodybuilders that don’t know the principles behind muscle growth yet or are not happy with the results that they are currently getting.

We will go through training, diet and gear. I will tell you the principles behind everything that I recommend for you to do, so you can understand why certain things happen, so in the future you can fix problems yourself. Bodybuilding is a very simple and logical endeavour. Everything that you do has to be logical. Only logical actions will give you results. Every time that you come across a new principle, always ask yourself it it makes logical sense. If it does not, dump it!

TRAINING

Why does a muscle grow? Because it has to adapt. When does it have to adapt? When you expose it to something that it has not done before. When is something that it has not done before? When the muscle is taxed 100%. That’s 100% effort. What’s 100% effort? When you train to 100% PHYSICAL, not mental failure. So, to make the muscle grow, you have to train with 100% effort otherwise, the muscle will not adapt/grow. Now, using the above logic, for a set to be beneficial to your growth, it needs to be 100% effort. So, a 100% effort set of an exercise, will make you grow. Then, what is the point to do a second set of that exercise? You cannot go more than 100%. The muscle already has been taxed by 100% from the first set, so why should you do a second one? You will just eat into your recovery ability. So, you should only do one set to failure per exercise. Later on, I will describe the training program and how exercises and warm-ups are involved.

A muscle will not grow until it’s recovered. The muscle will not begin to recover until the nervous system is recovered. It takes roughly 24hours for the nervous system to recover from a workout. Only then will the muscle begin to recover and grow. So, you should never train 2 days in a row. Even if you train different bodyparts, you still use the same nervous system. You train 2 days in a row, your nervous system recovers, but by the time the muscles begin to, you train again, so the body has to concentrate again on recovering the nervous system. A training frequency of 3 days per week (Mon, Wed, Fri) is more than enough. Numerous pros, including myself, train like this offseason for maximum growth. Even if you use streroids, you still have to train like this. steroids increase your recovery ability, but they also make you stronger at a quicker rate. The extra strength will give you the ability to train harder/tear more muscle tissue, so you will need the extra recovery that the steroids will give you.
The following is a great training program that I
recommend:

Mon – Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
* Incline press – warm-up sets, 1 work set
* Flat flyes – 1 work set
* Millitary press – 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lateral flyes – 1 work set
* Rear delt machine – 1 work set
* Tricep pushdowns – 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lying tricep extensions – 1 work-set

Wed – Quads, Hams, Calves
* Squats – warm-ups, 1 work set
* Leg press – work set
* Leg extension – work set
* Leg curl – warm-up, work set
* Stiff leg deadlift – work set
* Standing calf raise – work set

Fri – Abs, Back, Bis
* Rope crunches – warm up, work set
* Lat pull down – warm-ups, work set
* Deadlift – warm-up, work set
* Bent-over rows – work set
* Shrugs – work set
* Standing BB curls – warm up, work set
* Concentration curl – work set

You do a lot of warm-ups for your first exercise of the day. You do one warm-up for the first exercise of each bodypart, only to optimise the firing of the neuropathways.

Let’s use chest as an example – if for example your max (work set) in the incline press is 3 plates, then you do 2 warm-ups with the bar, 2 warm-ups with one plate, 1 warm-up with 2 plates and then your work set with 3 plates. The work set is a set where you fail at about 6 reps. Every workout, you have to do more reps or increase the weight in that work set (remember, the muscle has to do something that it has not done before). So if one work out you fail with 6 reps, the following nothing less than 7. When you reach 8 reps, the following workout you should do (increase) a weight where you can do minimum 4 reps. Then increase your reps again every workout until you reach 8 again, and so on. Each rep has a tempo of 2-1-1. That is 2 seconds in the negative, one second in the contraction and 1 second in the positive.
Then, after you fail in the incline press, you move straight to flat flyes. You do not need a warmp now because your chest is more than warm after you failed on presses.

And that’s it for chest. The basic routine stays the same. If you want variety, small changes as using DB’s instead of BB or doing flat presse and incline flyes for example, is mor ethan enough variety to keep the muscle ‘confused’.

DIET

VERY simple. Very important that you try to get as close to 500g of protein per day. Easiest way to do that is to have a whey protein shake in water with every meal. Fats and carbs don’t matter. Calories don’t count, macro nutrients (protein, fat, carb) do.

If you get to add fat on, just cut out the fats and keep your carbs bellow 300g/day. That’s all it is! Very simple, but hard to stick to, so not many people get results. On gear, the more protein you eat, the more you grow. Is as simple as that. Gear maximises protein synthesis.

GEAR

You need a testosterone base. 750mg/week is plenty. You need an anabolic – deca or Eq at 400mg/week is plenty. You need for optimum growth, a good oral like d-bol at 30mg/d or A-50 50mg/d.

You use the test and the anabolic non stop. The oral is 4 weeks on 4 weeks off. Every 6th week (the half way point between the off oral period – so 2 weeks after you finish the oral) you have a blood test. If the blood test is OK, then you can begin your next 4 weeks on oral. There is no reason for you to come off. The only 2 reasons are health or your receptors are saturated. If the regular blood test is OK, your health is OK. If you are still making progress, your receptors are OK. Coming off, will just sabotage your gains. That’s why I do not believe in set time frames for cycles. Listen to your body. When you use the oral, you need to use all the liver aids available – Synthergine, milk thistle, L-methionine, liv-52, etc. Of course you cannot drink or do rec drugs during that time. Using these precautions, your blood tests will be OK.

You also need to use an anti estrogen like Nolvadex at 10mg/d throughout the whole time. Also, you have a choice between HCG every 4 weeks at 5000IU or Clomid at 50mg EOD. These will make sure that your balls will stay at a decent size and they will not forget how to function.

The blood tests that you need are: full blood count, liver and kidney function tests, FSH, LH, TSH, cholesterol.

If the Total protein test in the liver tests is high, that is because of your diet. You need to keep an eye on the Billirubin and Urea test results. Your FSH and LH will be suppressed – that’s normal because of the gear. If the TSH is low, add 20mcg/d T3. If the kidney function is off, then drink more. protein stresses the kidneys, so you need more fluids.

When you eventually come off the gear, you make sure that you are off the orals. Then cut out the anabolic over 2 weeks. Then the testosterone over 3 weeks. One week after that, you need to add primo tabs or anavar (oxandrin) for 3 weeks. That will ensure that you will keep your gains.

Ideally do a gainkeeper’s formula that is outlined in another article.

These are the basic principles behind muscle growth. You do the above you will GROW, no matter what.

Last edited:
This is a sticky thread at the beginner's section as well.

This is another one from BigA that every newbie should read before posting:

"Have you ever seen your favourite athlete or star at a competition or promotional event and wished you could just have had a few words with them, to pick their brain, to get their opinion on something, or simply to say 'Hello'? Here is your chance!

ProfessionalMuscle.com is an interactive website that allows members to freely interact with professional and top level competitive bodybuilders, powerlifters, fitness competitors and many other professional sports athletes, as well as magazine writers and editors, IFBB and NPC judges, contest promoters, top professional trainers and supplement company owners.

This board is of an advanced nature where topics get discussed and answered that other boards are simply unable to.

As can be seen from the Member's Pictures Forum, the vast majority of our members are very advanced in their particular sports.
As such, most of them do not appreciate when a relative novice to the sport asks a very basic question, usually right in the middle of a very involving thread about an advanced practice.

Therefore, this forum has been created to allows beginnners to freely ask basic questions regarding any subject relative to bodybuilding/powerlifting or any other strength sports, as well as performance enhancement, natural or otherwise.

Those questions will be answered by some of the most advanced athletes in their particular sports, no holds barred, no matter of the subject, so the person asking the question will be given the best possible answer that he or she could ask for.

Before you ask a question though, make sure you do a 'Search' first in our extensive database, read the articles in the Article's forum and read this thread:
Growth principles for beginners

This website will allow you an experience like no other bodybuilding website ever could!

Enjoy!"

This is a sticky thread at the beginner's section as well.

This is another one from BigA that every newbie should read before posting:

"Have you ever seen your favourite athlete or star at a competition or promotional event and wished you could just have had a few words with them, to pick their brain, to get their opinion on something, or simply to say 'Hello'? Here is your chance!

ProfessionalMuscle.com is an interactive website that allows members to freely interact with professional and top level competitive bodybuilders, powerlifters, fitness competitors and many other professional sports athletes, as well as magazine writers and editors, IFBB and NPC judges, contest promoters, top professional trainers and supplement company owners.

This board is of an advanced nature where topics get discussed and answered that other boards are simply unable to.

As can be seen from the Member's Pictures Forum, the vast majority of our members are very advanced in their particular sports.
As such, most of them do not appreciate when a relative novice to the sport asks a very basic question, usually right in the middle of a very involving thread about an advanced practice.

Therefore, this forum has been created to allows beginnners to freely ask basic questions regarding any subject relative to bodybuilding/powerlifting or any other strength sports, as well as performance enhancement, natural or otherwise.

Those questions will be answered by some of the most advanced athletes in their particular sports, no holds barred, no matter of the subject, so the person asking the question will be given the best possible answer that he or she could ask for.

Before you ask a question though, make sure you do a 'Search' first in our extensive database, read the articles in the Article's forum and read this thread:
Growth principles for beginners

This website will allow you an experience like no other bodybuilding website ever could!

Enjoy!"

well LOL obviousness nobody reads them LOL thus reason why I posted again, LOL, Nobody ever uses the search function that a new comer. 90% question scan be answered.

Growth Principles for Beginners-By Big A

This is probably one of the best articles on this whole site.

Ton
QVOLT.fm

Awesome article - thanks a ton for sharing man, but I feel like playing devil's advocate for a second.

1. Am I the only one who thinks 500 g protein/day is a tad excessive for someone of a "beginner"'s size? Even on gear that seems extreme.

2. All this time I've been filling up on almonds and natural peanut butter between meals and you're telling me I could have been eating ICE CREAM?!

like I said I enjoyed the read though!

Nice. But 500 grams is impossible for me. I could never eat that much food. And I don't use shakes anymore because they bloat me too badly.

Nice. But 500 grams is impossible for me. I could never eat that much food. And I don't use shakes anymore because they bloat me too badly.

Maybe try whey iso if u haven't already? I would bloat and feel gassy on regular whey. After using TN's whey iso cold filtration, all is good and gains keep coming. Never looked back and much cheaper then name brand generic whey.

try adding a shake to every meal and I m sure some of our sponsors carry no bloat whey protein. its hard to get 500g of protein everyday from just food.

So I'm gonna try to follow this my ? Is on ure days off can u do cardio or do u still need that time for ure nervous system to recovery and grow...this is what I was wanting to do Mon thru Friday cardio....and Mon weds Fri weights...what cha guys think or should I completely take them days off my cardio is low intensity for 25mins

This article by Big A is gold. What people don't like about it is that it is too simple and can't possibly work, that is, until they try it honestly for six months. It is the New Year, commit to yourself for six months and see where you end up. You'll be surprised.

SB

Theres very little science in this, the whole article is pretty much cringe worthy. The training is basic info and not too bad but the diet is where things start to bother me. Just try to consume 500g protein per day? Sure there are some guys who would utilize that amount nobody under 250 I can guarantee you that but, what about the majority of people reading this. 500g of protein consumed consistently will put a LARGE unnecessary strain on your kidneys for what. He is completley correct macro nutrients are everything but you need to find the sweet spot for the 3 macro nutrient groups not slam protein all day because you believe it can do no harm. I'm natural at the moment haven't began supplementing with anabolics yet but, the amount of people on this forum ( new guys) who take things so black and white do not need to hear 750mg of test is a good dosage to run. This is exactly why you see guys who are on grams of gear and look like a below average natural. I understand this guy is doing nothing besides trying to help and guide but new guys out there do not just accept this as the bible to your training diet and supplementation, things are nowhere near as black and white as this article makes them out to be.

I'm all for keeping it simple, but only training 3 days a week would leave me bored as shit and fat from inactivity. The basic concepts otherwise here are gold. I think the main take away is to stop thinking and just take basic compounds, eat protein, and lift heavy weights, and progress doing so.

Ideally do a gainkeeper’s formula that is outlined in another article.

These are the basic principles behind muscle growth. You do the above you will GROW, no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I read this Article but can someone help me find this very important piece of information

"a gain keeper's formula that is outlined in another article."

I have typed it in the Search but can someone tell me under which sub forum it may be

Thank you

Good info and a great reminder. Remember reading this when I first joined... simple and helpful.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws