over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growth Principles for Beginners, Thanks Big A

Hulkbulk8

Banned
So I was reading Big A thread about Growth Principles for Beginners.
I am thinking this could be the answer to all my problems. For a while I thought I just had really really bad genetics and did not respond to AAS like I should.
For a while I thought every Lab I used was bunk, but somehow when I had some of my buddies try whatever did not work for me they blew up with the same product.

I have been tracking what I have been eating lately as I thought that might be the problem why I am not seeing the gains I should. Also thought this was the reason I was getting weaker and weaker each week. I would go to the gym and bust my ass M-F and take sat and sun off. I always get asked why I sweat so much when I work out because I look like I just did an hour of hard cardio.
Any way my diet is…
Carbs 150-170g
Protein, I shoot for 300g+
Fats are 50-150g

As far as the AAS use I thought I just needed more sauce and then the gains would come, well after taking crazy amounts of sauce, somewhere in the 4-5g range a week, I soon realized this was not the answer.

As I was reading Big A post I never thought about my Central Nervous System and how important this is when trying to body build correctly.
I did not feel I was overtraining as my muscles were sore a few days after the work out but I just felt like I was not 100%. I would poop out very fast and was losing strength weekly while on AAS.

My workout was m-f and sat and sun off. Iam thinking this was the main reason for not seeing the gains I wanted. My CNS was shot and I was lifting in the rep ranges of 10 to warm up then 8,6,4-3.
From what I read I need to only workout hard like I do 3 days a week and have a rest day between each workout to allow recovery of the CNS.

I wanted to know if this is most likely the reason I am getting weaker each week.
I plan on taking the rest of the week off and starting this 3 day workout on Monday.

Thanks

Last edited:
4-5 grams a week? and not seeing results and getting weaker? For how long did you continue like this before realizing your diet and training were not suited for you?

Really just the last 2-3 cycles i noticed i would maybe gain for a few weeks and get great strength gains and my measurements were increasing then the rest of the cycle i was very weak and gains came to a halt.

i am thinking the reason behind this is because i was hitting the gym hard and lifting as heavy as i could to failure on every set Mon-Friday

I was not allowing my CNS to recover.

What do you weigh. That's not a whole lot of food to grow on. Well at least your carbs and fat aren't

I personally know guys that train 6-7 x a week with the occasional day or two off that are quite large. Alot of the pros also train 5-6 days a week. We are all indidivuals but I wouldnt be so quick to pin point that as your problem.

I personally know guys that train 6-7 x a week with the occasional day or two off that are quite large. Alot of the pros also train 5-6 days a week. We are all indidivuals but I wouldnt be so quick to pin point that as your problem.

I guess its finding what works for the individual. Arnold had a much different workout than Dorian Yates. Its what worked for them.

I am going to try big a workout plan and see how I feel. Can't be any worse than it is now of being super weak . I love to hit it hard with heavy weights but I just burn out so fast.

I always give people the same advice. Train less. So many people overtrain it's ridiculous. I saw a guy at my gym do 15+ sets for biceps the other day. For such a tiny muscle that is so far overboard it's not even funny. It would take a month for him to recover and yet he'll be back at it in 5 or 6 days. No way that muscle repairs before he trains again, just spinning his wheels going nowhere wondering why he doesn't grow. You'll see this day after day in most gyms.

Even people on cycle can and do overtrain.

If you're not getting sore after workouts, then that is a sign that you are overtraining.
Insomnia? Overtraining
Burning out quickly? Overtraining

You have to also take into consideration what you do OUTSIDE the gym. Are you a brick mason? Or do you go to work in suit and tie and sit in an office cubicle all day? Do you even work? Obviously the brick mason is more at risk for overtraining than Dilbert is. Yea some guys can get away with training 6 days/wk, especially if their jobs are not physically demanding. How is your sleep? Getting enough?

Another thing I do is switch gyms regularly. Why? Because I feel that it's just as important to change your ENVIRONMENT as it is to switch up workout routines. Seeing the SAME atmosphere, the SAME people, the SAME equipment, the SAME douchebag curling in the squat rack.... the SAME everything. When I'm in the SAME state of mind every time I work out, then my workouts become stagnant, and the gains stop. So I switch gyms. NEW people, NEW equipment, NEW fine, juicy well-developed asses to stare at. Mentality plays a big role in making gains. A lot of bros don't acknowledge that. Hasn't even crossed their mind.

I always give people the same advice. Train less. So many people overtrain it's ridiculous. I saw a guy at my gym do 15+ sets for biceps the other day. For such a tiny muscle that is so far overboard it's not even funny. It would take a month for him to recover and yet he'll be back at it in 5 or 6 days. No way that muscle repairs before he trains again, just spinning his wheels going nowhere wondering why he doesn't grow. You'll see this day after day in most gyms.

Even people on cycle can and do overtrain.

FireRoss you are absolutely right! I always assumed I could never overtrain on gear. Wow was I wrong. I remember a while back there would be a day where my bench press was crazy strong and I felt like a god and probably did 15+ sets on chest to failure. Then the next week I was significantly weaker. What I was telling last week I could not even get the next week. Some how I was always really strong after a few days rest.

I have felt like I have been spinning my wheels now for a while.
Thanks Ross for you imput .

So I was reading Big A thread about Growth Principles for Beginners.
I am thinking this could be the answer to all my problems. For a while I thought I just had really really bad genetics and did not respond to AAS like I should.
For a while I thought every Lab I used was bunk, but somehow when I had some of my buddies try whatever did not work for me they blew up with the same product.

I have been tracking what I have been eating lately as I thought that might be the problem why I am not seeing the gains I should. Also thought this was the reason I was getting weaker and weaker each week. I would go to the gym and bust my ass M-F and take sat and sun off. I always get asked why I sweat so much when I work out because I look like I just did an hour of hard cardio.
Any way my diet is…
Carbs 150-170g
Protein, I shoot for 300g+
Fats are 50-150g

As far as the AAS use I thought I just needed more sauce and then the gains would come, well after taking crazy amounts of sauce, somewhere in the 4-5g range a week, I soon realized this was not the answer.

As I was reading Big A post I never thought about my Central Nervous System and how important this is when trying to body build correctly.
I did not feel I was overtraining as my muscles were sore a few days after the work out but I just felt like I was not 100%. I would poop out very fast and was losing strength weekly while on AAS.

My workout was m-f and sat and sun off. Iam thinking this was the main reason for not seeing the gains I wanted. My CNS was shot and I was lifting in the rep ranges of 10 to warm up then 8,6,4-3.
From what I read I need to only workout hard like I do 3 days a week and have a rest day between each workout to allow recovery of the CNS.

I wanted to know if this is most likely the reason I am getting weaker each week.
I plan on taking the rest of the week off and starting this 3 day workout on Monday.

Thanks

you ever think this might be why your not gaining?(see bold)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws