advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gshock Needs Replaced; Another Gshock or 'Tough' Smartwatch?

USMuscle9403

Registered
So my beloved Gshock has now developed a permanent case of condensation.

Can't seem to attach pics right now? Anyway, the inside of the bezel now has permanent swamp ass, apparently.

It has served me very, very well and hasn't left my wrist since the moment I put it on. Now, I'm a real believer in these watches, but I've nearly considered the idea of a... Tough smart watch for Android? Does there exist such a thing at a decent price point, preferably under $200?

I know nothing about them, so please educate me. I'll remind you that I originally chose Gshock for a very good reason; an in the trenches (sometimes literally) work horse of a watch. And that it is, which is why I won't hesitate to replace it, but are there any truly tough smart watches out there worth looking at?

This watch will be putting up with everything from intense workouts to intense workloads at work ranging from underwater work to welding, plumbing or carpentry and ridiculous amounts of sweat, dings, side swipes, and just general hazardous shit...

Honestly, is it worth going the smart watch route or should I just stick with the Gshock?

They really are, I'm a huge fan. Can't seem to post a pic of it right now, but it's developed condensation inside the case. It's not just humidity, either; it's permanent now. I won't even give it away, it'll be a backup for a backup. That's why I'm thinking just get another one...i have friends telling me a smart watch may not be a great idea for what I need it for. A Tudor Black Bay is my casual watch, I'm looking for another workhorse.

Suunto Core is a great watch. I also have the Traverse Alpha model and I love it.

Not a bad looking alternative at all...thanks for that. Haven't even heard of them. That's why I posted this here, I'm sure you guys would have great suggestions...

I have burned through 3 Gshocks in my 8 year Army career. I am forever done with them. After my last one crapped out I bought a $20 Timex on Amazon and it has lasted 18 months so far.

Best,

BL3

They really are, I'm a huge fan. Can't seem to post a pic of it right now, but it's developed condensation inside the case. It's not just humidity, either; it's permanent now. I won't even give it away, it'll be a backup for a backup. That's why I'm thinking just get another one...i have friends telling me a smart watch may not be a great idea for what I need it for. A Tudor Black Bay is my casual watch, I'm looking for another workhorse.
I worn the Pathfinder through tons of down range time. Never let me down.. I still have it from i think 05? dont remember. HALO/ HAHO the works. Shit is bad ass

On my down time, Rolex SS Sub Mariner The best
A local shop that's a registered Rolex dealer had new Submariners listed for $8950 on their website. Is that possible? Seems low to me considering used ones on eBay sell for nearly that much.

As a guy with 140+ watches in his collection, it's Gshock all day everyday for the gym.

I prefer analog with a seconds hand for counting down between sets, but my faithful gd-350 is my all-time favorite. A big, clear negative display is hard to beat for visibility, and it can lay flat if I need to take it off to use straps/wraps.

A local shop that's a registered Rolex dealer had new Submariners listed for $8950 on their website. Is that possible? Seems low to me considering used ones on eBay sell for nearly that much.

You will never get one at an AD regardless of the price. There are wait lists for stainless sports models, and unless you have dropped a lot of money on other "undesirable" models, like ladies datejusts, you will stay on the bottom.

Seems very low

I paid $5700 for a new Oyster Perpetual 39, because I couldn't bring myself to pay nearly $8K for a used (Submariner) watch. I have a Tag Heuer divers watch, that's a great watch for lifting as I use the bezel to time between sets or if I'm doing a lot of sets, I'll use it to count sets. I'd like a Submariner, but I can't afford new and I don't know if I'll ever get over my reluctance to pay so much for a used watch.

I, along with most of the guys at work, run the Suunto Core variants. I run the All Black specifically and couldn’t be happier .

Some of eBays watch dealers have big markups on Rolex. I would never buy a Rolex off eBay but thats just me. I would stick to a local registered dealer. A few years ago, I bought the James Cameron Deep Sea Seadweller with the blue/black dial. I did a trade with my other sea dweller with the black dial, and I got the watch for $11,900. Now they are asking $2-5000 more for the same watch, depending on where you're buying it.

Victorinox Swiss Army Watches. Many look good and they are solid watches that will last.

It's a toss-up between another gshock and a Suunto, which guys on another unrelated forum also recommended.

Since you fuckers are talking about much nicer watches, I'll ask here. Haven't been wearing the Tudor much on account of it being in a near death accident. The bracelet broke but that's all, thank fuck.

Whaddya think, I think a saddle tan leather would look nice? Or nato strap?

3485.jpeg

They just updated their website (it's Merkely Kendrick in Lousville), and they now show Rolex 126610LN for $9,150. IF I was going to buy a Submariner, there's no way I'd pay $8K for a used one.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws