over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GSP vs BJ Penn fight night

WOW!

penn looked like a little boy that got spanked by his daddy.

yeah GSP make quick work of him...now he'll make quick work of Thiago Alves too...and then hopefully we'll get a good match, GSP vs Anderson Silva??? if they fought at 185 anderson would win but I think it would be fun to watch!

Yes! GSP vs Silva. Once Silva does work on GSP I'd like to see Silva move up also. He is simply untouchable in his weight class.

Props to GSP. Though I have a feeling the Thiago Alves fight will actually be a bit closer than this one. Simply for the reason being Alves is closer to GSP's level in terms of conditioning, strength, and size. I actually believe Alves is bigger isn't he?

i dont know if this was posted but for those that didnt see it

**broken link removed**

Alves after weigh ins is around 200pnds

Attachments

• alves.jpg
    alves.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 200
  • thiago-alves.jpg
    thiago-alves.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 341
What is wrong with you guys? You talked smack about BJ beating GSP, now Sila? Pound for pound GSP is one of the best in the world. No, he should not move up to 185, he is a welterweight, where he will dominate. Just like Bj, is one of the best lightweights ever, but he got dominated by a stronger fighter. As far Bj quitting, you would have too, he was gassed and beaten. He would have done nothing in the 5th round, except taken more of a beating. Let Sila go down to the welterweight, where he can be ripped as GSP, there GSP will dominate him. Bj is still a great fighter, he just isn't a welterweight.

What is wrong with you guys? You talked smack about BJ beating GSP, now Sila? Pound for pound GSP is one of the best in the world. No, he should not move up to 185, he is a welterweight, where he will dominate. Just like Bj, is one of the best lightweights ever, but he got dominated by a stronger fighter. As far Bj quitting, you would have too, he was gassed and beaten. He would have done nothing in the 5th round, except taken more of a beating. Let Sila go down to the welterweight, where he can be ripped as GSP, there GSP will dominate him. Bj is still a great fighter, he just isn't a welterweight.

GSP Silva won't happen. I myself wold love to see it but GSP has nothing to prove at middleweight. He's amazing but I don't think he's the best lb for lb in the world. He'll dominate at welterweight for a long time

Im glad GSP won. But I have to admit I was expecting it to be alot closer of a fight..o well. Im also glad Lyoto put on a good performance. Regardless of what alot of people say, I turn into a bigger fan of his every fight I see. I would like to see him face someone like Chuck or Rampage soon and get in line for a title shot.

Well if you noticed, I called that fight 100% accurate. To all that disagreed about his wrestling not being able to nullify bjs jiu jitsu....all I gotta say is "ha ha, I was right" lol. For real though, for Penn to talk so much shit about quitting, he quit like a bitch

Like I said, you pretty much dead on. Although it did not appear to me that GSP's wrestling outdid Penns bjj, it looked like once again Penns cardio was outdone.

Word circulating around is that GSP vs. Anderson Silva may happen at the end of this year in December. Both want to fight each other, and the UFC would make a HUGE amount of money so I would see it in their interest as well. This all pends on whether both win their next scheduled fight.

That would be the biggest fight of all time imo.

None of this is confirmed by the UFC though from what I know.

BMJ

GSP v Silva set for December | The Sun |Sport|UFC

GEORGES ST PIERRE could fight Brazilian ace Anderson Silva at middleweight in December, SunSport can exclusively reveal.
The Canadian star, fresh off the back of his successful welterweight title defence against BJ Penn at UFC 94, will step up to the 185lbs division to take on Silva — if he sees off the challenge of Thiago Alves.

UFC sources claim GSP is likely to defend his title against 25-year-old Alves in June, while Silva puts his middleweight crown on the line against fellow Brazilian Thlales Leites at UFC 97 in Canada.

And if The Spider, 33, and St Pierre, 27, are both victorious they will be offered a mega fight against each other at the end of this year.

When asked if he would be keen to face Silva, St Pierre said: "For sure, I think he's fighting in Montreal next though.

"The primary reason I do this sport is not for the fame or the money — because when I started I was a nobody and I didn't have money.

"I do it for myself, I like the challenge and I like the satisfaction victory gives me. It's very important for me that I always find new challenges for a personal accomplishment.

"Of course it would be something very interesting for me if the timing is right and everything goes according to plan.

"It might be something very interesting for the future. He's considered as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

"He impresses me. He's a very impressive fighter and that's one of the reasons why for me it would be an interesting match up.

"But it all depends on the outcome of his next fight and my next fight.

"If I have to do it, it's going to be something that I will have to plan correctly.

"I'm going to have to put some extra time into my training because I'm going to have to gain some weight and I'm going to do it in a good way.

"I've never taken steroids in my life and I don't want to start. It would take a couple of extra months to put on the muscle weight."

For the time being, St Pierre has his sights solely set on successfully defending his welterweight strap against rising star Alves.

The Pitbull has already beaten top-ranked fighters including Matt Hughes, Josh Koscheck and Karo Parisyan, so St Pierre will not take him lightly.

GSP added: "I'm a very proud champion and I always look for the best challenge. Right now I think the next one down the line is Thiago Alves.

"He's the best guy right now and I would be very glad to fight him."

Props to GSP. He totally dominated the fight. Although I do not think that it was the same Bj Penn that showed up for the sherk and stevenson fight. To me it looks as if he was not pulling the trigger. GSP vs Silva would definitely be a sight to see :eek:

what the hell.....

why not go all the way ....let's see gsp and brock lol

GSP Silva won't happen. I myself wold love to see it but GSP has nothing to prove at middleweight. He's amazing but I don't think he's the best lb for lb in the world. He'll dominate at welterweight for a long time

That fight might just happen. GSP has said he wants to challange higher weight classes once he clears welterweight out. I think Silva only has 4 or so fights left before he retires and I see one of them being GSP.

I was wrong about Penn!!!!!! I thought he was going to take the fight

That fight might just happen. GSP has said he wants to challange higher weight classes once he clears welterweight out. I think Silva only has 4 or so fights left before he retires and I see one of them being GSP.

I still don't see it, He's fighting Tales Leites in a few months and he's stated he's retiring for sure at 35. He's got I think 7-8 more fights on his contract but I feel he'll break it. I don't see him opting to fight GSP. Why take a risk like that towards the end of your career? I would love to see it but doubt it will happen

I'm a Penn fan, but I have no excuses cause there is none. Penn got pounded fair and square...I saw him at the beginning of the fight and he looked terrible....scared and bags crazy bags under his eyes.....I am also a GSP fan too, there are complaints filed that GSP greased up with vaseline between rounds....officials and Dana White caught it, I honestly think that it had anything to do with the out come of the fight nor did GSP know that his corner was lubing his back and shoulders up, but his victory may be tainted.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2PmSss_h4

9:49 Danas tells Rashad that GSP is in trouble with the commission because of the vaseline incident.

I agree that he outcome would not be different,but why even do this when you're fighter is obviously winning?

-T

ON ONE OF THE SPORTS RADIO SHOWS TODAY THEY SAID THAT THE COMMISION IS NOT INTERESTED IN PURSUING IT.. on the radio they said that they see no wrong doing ect ect.. so who knows.. but, if they re match penn will get beaten out again but proably quicker.. itis best to let a sleeping dog lay..

I have also been fighting for the last 10-11 years. I didn't say wrestling would not give you an advantage. I have rolled with many black belts that could not do anything with me because of my wrestling, but in turn I could not do much with them because thier bjj was too advanced and they stayed in good position. However, Penn is not just a black belt, he was the first American to win the bjj world title, so he is above and beyond the majority og black belts out there. Either way the color of the belt has nothing to do with it, it's just a fact his bjj is one of the best in the world. But no one knows what will happen for sure.

Fighting the last 10-11 yrs?? Come on bro, don't you think that's a bit of an exaggeration, try and keep it real C

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear