over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gsp vs shields

I think this fight has been so over hyped as far as Shields is concerned. The UFC has run out of opponents for GSP and they needed somebody new to come in that they could build up. Don't get me wrong, Shields is certainly an accomplished guy and dangerous on the ground, but unless GSP makes a big mistake, I think he's going to manhandle him. After watching the Koshchek fight, I think GSP should stand with Shields and let his hands go. Hendo almost KO'd him....I know GSP wouldn't let such an opportunity slip by.

Last edited:
I'm taking GSP by a landslide. Shields appears to be a good respectful guy though. His ground game is very good, but so is GSP's. I think GSP will keep it on the feet though, since that is his opponenets weakest spot.

GSP always has a good, smart, fight plan. Couple that with his athleticness, and I don't see anybody beating him in that division.

Shields might be the best ground technician that GSP will have fought....but he made other ground fighters look silly: Hughes the last fight, Koscheck the first fight, Fitch, Thiago Silva, Penn, et al.

I'd rank Penn as having a very good JJ game as well. These other fighters also were MUCH stronger than shields....from what I know at least.

BMJ

I think this fight has been so over hyped as far as Shields is concerned. The UFC has run out of opponents for GSP and they needed somebody new to come in that they could build up. Don't get me wrong, Shields is certainly an accomplished guy and dangerous on the ground, but unless GSP makes a big mistake, I think he's going to manhandle him. After watching the Koshchek fight, I think GSP should stand with Shields and let his hands go. Hendo almost KO'd him....I know GSP wouldn't let such an opportunity slip by.

Shields in his last 3 fights almost got choked out by Mayhem, couldn't finish a gassed Hendo, and almost lost to Kapmann. Henderson throws bombs GSP doesn't. I don't see St. Pierre KOing anybody anytime soon.

Shields in his last 3 fights almost got choked out by Mayhem, couldn't finish a gassed Hendo, and almost lost to Kapmann. Henderson throws bombs GSP doesn't. I don't see St. Pierre KOing anybody anytime soon.

i dont think that means he cant. i wouldnt underestimate his abilities at all. ill take gsp all the way.

GSP, no contest.

I'm not saying he will KO him, but if he hurts him with a punch he won't let the opportunity slip by to finish him, be it ground and pound, submission, or possibly punches/elbows.

way too early

still 30 days to go. way too early to be posting this now.

I'm hoping to see a stand-up clinic!

GSP will definately be holding an "MMA" clinic.... the guy is so well rounded it's sick..... Then you have Sheilds and he has BJJ and that's about it. Not a good draw in my opinion but then again, who else is left for GSP?

Gsp has the edge in all facets of this. His takedowns are better, his striking is better and his top game along with his ability to get back to his feet are all superior to shields. Plus in shields' ww debut he looked tired and very unimpressive against kampmann.

Gsp has cleared out the ww division in the ufc and if he beats shields handily the arguement can be made that he has cleaned out the ww division in all of mma. His only real options are facing guys who he has already beaten (boring, imo) or to move up to mw to face some new competition

I hope that in this fight he doesn't take a passive, unentertaining approach like how he did against koschek with his jabs

GSP will definately be holding an "MMA" clinic.... the guy is so well rounded it's sick..... Then you have Sheilds and he has BJJ and that's about it. Not a good draw in my opinion but then again, who else is left for GSP?

I have a feeling If Condit wins his next fight he'll get the go.

I dont care about this fight waiting on gsp to step up and get kod by silvia

gsp wins this hands down.....would love to see the superfight between him and the spider

gsp wins this hands down.....would love to see the superfight between him and the spider

As of right now it doesn't look like gsp is moving up to mw. However there has been speculation that marquardt might be moving into the ww division. That would make things more interesting

Shields has a better bjj game than gsp, BUT he will NEVER be able to take GSP down... If KOS couldnt take him down as the MOST decorated wrestler in ufc, and likewise was almost taken down at will by GSP, then i dont see how jake will b able to....GSP will keep tha fight standing and work his ever progressing jab till shields gets broken down.... 2rnd KO/TKO prediction...

Tha fight between silva n GSP is NOT ever gonna happen, and in NO WAY is this a "superfight".... Silva is wayyyy too big for him....are you forgetting he is the LHW champ too not just the MW??? GSP is my fav fighter by farrr but would never stand a chance.... the reach, the height, the weight at fight time would be a fckn landslide...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131