over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gsp vs shields

Shields and Diaz never fought each other. They're teammates. Did anyone see Diaz vs Daley last night? That was a good fight! Say what you will but I really enjoy Diaz' personality and fights. He's QUITE entertaining! :D

diaz didnt just beat shields, shields hasnt lost in like seven years or something like that, he vacated his strikeforce title because he left for ufc. shields is going to get dominated, people can say what they want and try and hype the strikeforce guys as being great but the fact is the best competition is in the ufc, shields hasnt fought anybody even close to the level of gsp, hes going to get absolutely dominated, probably not knocked out or submitted but dominated to a five round decision.

yes your right i wuz thinking of kj noons diaz just had a rematch with not shields. and yea that wuz a good fight last night i like nick diaz

Last edited:
Is shields BJJ better than BJ Penn's?

Yes, I was impressed with Diaz last night, but I never thought Daley was all that great, IMO, was hyped up because he beat a bunch of guys who stupidly decided to stand-up with him....Kampmann, et al.

Diaz has definately improved since leaving the UFC, I look forward to what he decides to do in the future.

BMJ

Is shields BJJ better than BJ Penn's?
Probably, but bj is more athletic than Sheilds. Gsp wont have the 15lb weight advantage he did against BJ, but Sheilds striking is just horrible.

Yes, I was impressed with Diaz last night, but I never thought Daley was all that great, IMO, was hyped up because he beat a bunch of guys who stupidly decided to stand-up with him....Kampmann, et al.

Daley is/was seriously overhyped and it showed last night. Never understood why guys would stand and bang with a guy that has no ground game.

Diaz has definately improved since leaving the UFC, I look forward to what he decides to do in the future.

Diaz is good , but he wouldnt fare too well against the upper ufc guys.

BMJ

Sodzl, I usually agree with everything you say but I'm gonna have to disagree about Shields having better BJJ than BJ. Shields has good BJJ and strong wrestling but BJ is an INCREDIBLE BJJ player. There aren't many better.

BJ is in shape sometimes. He is notorious for gassing in fights. He hates training. He has admitted that.

He is not some athlete like GSP.

o i totally agree with u on that GSP always looks good and can go 5rounds if need be. when he came on the scene i knew he wuz the future of the sport. one of my favorite fighters for sure. down to earth guy not a super ego thats y i wish he would fight silva. i think he would have a good chance at knocking that dude off his high horse. not that i dont like silva gr8 fighter but his antics in the ring and ego are through the roof.

Sodzl, I usually agree with everything you say but I'm gonna have to disagree about Shields having better BJJ than BJ. Shields has good BJJ and strong wrestling but BJ is an INCREDIBLE BJJ player. There aren't many better.

I like BJ and could care less about sheilds, but i think his BJJ is better. Not by leaps and bounds but by a small margin. Look at some of his grappling vids on you tube. Against Jon Fitch he had control from the top and bottom and finished in under him in under 5 minutes. I think BJ's grappling is really good but i believe a portion of his success was due to his freakish flexiblity. How many people can scrath their ears with their feet?

**broken link removed**

You said it. Shields' grappling and wrestling are better but I thinks Bj's Jits (submissions, controlling from the bottom and guard) are elite-level. BTW, fuck Shields! :D

You said it. Shields' grappling and wrestling are better but I thinks Bj's Jits (submissions, controlling from the bottom and guard) are elite-level. BTW, fuck Shields! :D

Well we will agree to disagree. I consider BJJ grappling and one aspect of BJJ is control and the mount is the best position. Shields always seems to get mount on his opponents at some point. I predict another 5 rd snooze fest. Either way, Fuck Shields, but I would love to see the mma world implode if Shields submitted him. Hell if Shields gets full mount and starts raining down blows, we know what GSP is going to do:D

On a side note Big Nog says Anderson might move to 205 if they can't find fights for him at 185.

On a side note Big Nog says Anderson might move to 205 if they can't find fights for him at 185.

I would love to see Silva -vs- Jones! I think Silva would have a good chance of submitting him on the ground. Jones likes to take the fight to his opponent and after the way Chael Sonnen took the fight to Silva and almost won, I think Jones definitely has a legitimate chance if he keeps the same type of game plan.

Well we will agree to disagree. I consider BJJ grappling and one aspect of BJJ is control and the mount is the best position. Shields always seems to get mount on his opponents at some point. I predict another 5 rd snooze fest. Either way, Fuck Shields, but I would love to see the mma world implode if Shields submitted him. Hell if Shields gets full mount and starts raining down blows, we know what GSP is going to do:D

I don't want to live in that world!!! That exact scenario keeps creeping up in my mind every time I think of the fight.

GSP is too much of a well oiled machine these days. But again sometimes the unthinkable happens in the ring. I kinda feel like it will be similar to the koshchek fight

Probably, but bj is more athletic than Sheilds. Gsp wont have the 15lb weight advantage he did against BJ, but Sheilds striking is just horrible.

I agree while bj does have the super flexibility which gives him more options and makes it easier to pull shit off his back I would still consider shields the better bjj practicioner because his grappling is second to NONE(in mma atleast) Tho gsp's wrestling is 2nd to none so dont think the grappling will help shields much

Daley is/was seriously overhyped and it showed last night. Never understood why guys would stand and bang with a guy that has no ground game.

WORD

Diaz is good , but he wouldnt fare too well against the upper ufc guys.

I dunno I think Nick vs anybody top 10 other than GSP is a good fight, not saying diaz could for sure beat em all but he could hang

BMJ

RED

A lot of people of underestimating shields here. Ask youself, would GSP be able to completely smoother Dan Henderson? Shields did and did it for 5 rounds. I don't think this is will be a cakewalk for GSP by any means.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws