over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guess I'm Not As Tough As I thought I Was

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I can usually take a shot of anything and it has never really bothered me until just recently. My incident with my delt (twice) has me somewhat bothered. Now once in a while an injection site get some pain but nothing that stops me from functioning normally.

Well - I've injected calves before, just to try 'em out. I've heard many complain about how paiful the injections were. I shot either 1/4 or 1/2ml in each calf. Now my calves were tight, but I could still wals with some slight tightness.

On this last Tuesday, I injected each calf with about 1.1+ml around 4:00 AM. I worked out on stepper (cardio day) just fine. About 10:00 AM I literally could not walk. I had to bend over and take really small baby steps - like an ol' man! Yesterday I could walk standing upright but not very fast.

It seems like when I'm not on my feet (been sitting or laying down) that it takes a while for them to not hurt and function. Today, upon waking up, I had to do the baby step thing for a while until they loosened up some.

Is there just an "adjusting" period for calves? I'd like to keep shooting them. But at the rate of recovery I'm currently experiencing, I'll have just about recovered/back to normal about the ttime I'm ready to inject again :mad:

xcel

Been there, done that. Calves are the WORST. Tried a few times and it never got better.

I did a fina/prop mix of a about 1.5cc per calf and that shit hurt for days. I could still walk but it hurt.

I also found that it really depends on where you shoot it in the calf. One shot would be almost pain free then another would hurt like hell. The only difference would be where I shot it. Still don/'t have my technique down but I think it can be done with reasonable pain levels, just have to play around alittle and I think shooting no more than 1/2cc per calf helps.

excel thats just calf injections! As you get used to it over time for me it always hurts! I find keeping my legs elevated as much as I can like when sleeping or lying down helps the pain go away quicker!

Who said you were tough :confused: .... Lol! J/K bro!

Seriously tho, calf's suck - I've done it only 2 or 3 times and everytime was miserable. Muscle tissue there just seems ridiculously tight - the layers are tough it hurts to have oils separating them, etc. Your experience is par for the course - my advice is to not shoot calf's unless your a masochist.

DrG

This is something I have ALOT of experience with! My calves always sucked regardless of what I did and I tried everything!! Ive now been injecting my calves ED for over a month with syntherol and test prop. In the beginning it is horrible. For the first 5-6 days I took 2 alleve every 6-8 hours. You also need to roughly massage them for a few minutes every chance you get. For the first two weeks I trained them EOD, with light weights mind you b/c they were very weak. I always massage for a minute before I get out of bed and stretch for 5 min before bed. After a while they will get used to it. Suck it up. They will be painful every time you increase the total ml's. Also Ive found it is much better to keep the inj to 1ml per shot and build up # of shots. This way you also get a more even distribution. Im up to 4 1ml shots per calf. Sometimes the lower soleus/ankle area swells, when this happens instead of doing my shots that night I will do them the following morning. The improvement has been amazing!
Good Luck

The same thing happened to me the first time I tried calves. I could barely walk. But the second shots were fine. I can put up to 2cc's in each calf and feel no pain the next day only if I massage the hell out of them for 1 or 2 minutes after injecting.

thompson said:
This is something I have ALOT of experience with! My calves always sucked regardless of what I did and I tried everything!! Ive now been injecting my calves ED for over a month with syntherol and test prop. In the beginning it is horrible. For the first 5-6 days I took 2 alleve every 6-8 hours. You also need to roughly massage them for a few minutes every chance you get. For the first two weeks I trained them EOD, with light weights mind you b/c they were very weak. I always massage for a minute before I get out of bed and stretch for 5 min before bed. After a while they will get used to it. Suck it up. They will be painful every time you increase the total ml's. Also Ive found it is much better to keep the inj to 1ml per shot and build up # of shots. This way you also get a more even distribution. Im up to 4 1ml shots per calf. Sometimes the lower soleus/ankle area swells, when this happens instead of doing my shots that night I will do them the following morning. The improvement has been amazing!
Good Luck
Thanks for the info!

Just a word of caution - speaking from experience. I literally did the same thing with my biceps, injected everything into them. I got a serious amount of fluid in 'em - but thankfully no pain swelling or discomfort. Results from lab test came back as no bacteria or micro-organisms. I know it was from TOO MANY injections. I'm going to have to give my biceps a LOOOONG break. Just don't want to see you go through the same thing.

xcel

I hear ya bro.

Years ago i tried shooting Winny & Prop in the calves and it damn near killed me to even walk. I actually pulled out a competition i had because of it. Wasn't a BB show by the way. Since then, i stick to only the thigh and ass for shots.

Me too X

Yikes this is bringing nightmares back --- one lonely night, I loaded a dart with a cc of sustenon, and I had a bullseye on my calf..I was all set. What followed was EXTREME pain and a lot of swearing and yelling... My mom thought I fell on a knife or something, and I had to keep her out of the bathroom, the whole time, limping in pain, as it bled (and it DID bleed a lot) and THROBBED. The entire injection was horrible...When the oil hits the muscle, MY GOD....:( :eek: :eek:

xcelbeyond

I definately dont want anything like that happening either. My idea was to now go to 3cc's eod for a week or two and then just 3cc's per week. I was thinking I would stay at that until about Dec or so and then maybe go at it again. Do you think that is o.k or should I use a little less?? Ive heard you have to do maintanence for a couple of months anyway. What do you suggest??

I never get pain from calfshots and i´ve done 5 ml shots. I shoot it like BigA wrote you should; from the side in. Everyone reacts diffrently I guess...

Re: xcelbeyond

thompson said:
I definately dont want anything like that happening either. My idea was to now go to 3cc's eod for a week or two and then just 3cc's per week. I was thinking I would stay at that until about Dec or so and then maybe go at it again. Do you think that is o.k or should I use a little less?? Ive heard you have to do maintanence for a couple of months anyway. What do you suggest??
From what you sat here, you shouldn't have any poblems.

In your earlier post it sounded like you were injecting stuff (SEO and gear) ED.

Update: I elevated my calves REAL HIGH last night in bed and can walk fine on them today. But, then again, it's been 3 days since injections.

xcel

my experience w/calf ----->

E- my calves were the burden of my experimenting at one point...let's just say you and i had the same experience except i was immobile for about 2 days...thank god the only place i had to go was to an office and lay low...

i loved the tight feeling though once the pain wore down...

good luck!

boss

i barely break the skin and my calf begins to hurt. I shy away from them

excel

The more you do it the less it will hurt for the most part. Just aspirate for veins and watch out for nerves.
I shot gear in mine for over 16 weeks on cycle. Then I had to give them a break because of the scar tissue buildup. It's been over a year since I shot them, so I guess it's time to start all over with the pain. lol.

Last edited:
Well - it was only ~4 days before I could function at a relatively normal pace with calves. Believe is or not my calves recovered FASTER than quads, glutes and delts!!!! I had a gear problem and got KNOTS wherever I poked. Got them SOOOO BAAAD that I had to quit my cycle. I could BARELY get my socks on it hurts bad (quads + glutes) :( And this went on for about 10 days!!!!!!! :mad: Took me about 8 days to even begin to walk normal and I've got a ton of stairs in my life.

xcel

Personally, I'd avoid shooting calves. They're ridden with nerves, all of which are at the ideal injection level. That's one reason that calves hurt so much when ya shoot there. Next, they're not a very big muscle group, so you can't just ram a bunch of oil in there. I'd limit it to about .5cc per head. Try n hit the lowermiddle section of the lateral gastrocnemius. Shoot super slow too, and don't massage the muscle after your injection. It's better to apply constant uniform pressure to help the oil spread out. If you massage it, you'll end up makin it worse really. That'll cause inflammation and make you much more uncomfortable really... on top of accelerating buildup of scar tissues.

yeppers

Tadger said:
Personally, I'd avoid shooting calves. They're ridden with nerves, all of which are at the ideal injection level. That's one reason that calves hurt so much when ya shoot there. Next, they're not a very big muscle group, so you can't just ram a bunch of oil in there. I'd limit it to about .5cc per head. Try n hit the lowermiddle section of the lateral gastrocnemius. Shoot super slow too, and don't massage the muscle after your injection. It's better to apply constant uniform pressure to help the oil spread out. If you massage it, you'll end up makin it worse really. That'll cause inflammation and make you much more uncomfortable really... on top of accelerating buildup of scar tissues.

100% agreed! :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost