over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guide to Melanotan

10brandonr

Registered
Just wrote this up today guys about using MT pre-tan... tell me what you think or if I should add/correct anything.

The Science: Melanocortins include a host of peptide hormones that exert numerous effects on human physiology through melanocortin receptor binding and activation. One of the more noticeable effects of the melanocortins is to induce skin pigmentation in the epidermis of mammals through interactions with the Melanocortin-1 Receptor (MC1R). The various pigments of melanin are responsible for skin coloring and can be found primarily in the skin, but also the hair, eye, inner ear, and even the brain!
Melanin production occurs during a process known as melanogenesis that occurs within melanin-producing cells called melanocytes found in the epidermis. Most humans have similar concentrations of these malanocyte cells, but the activity of these cells and/or the activity of the MC1R vary dramatically among populations resulting in dramatic differences in melanin production and skin pigmentation. In individuals with albinism, for whatever reason, no melanin is produced from the melanocyte cells. In the basal state, inactivated, or antagonized state, the MC1R causes melanocytes to produce a melanin pigment known as pheomelanin, responsible for the production of yellow and pink to red hues. In response to DNA damage from UVB rays, signals are sent causing a release of melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH), particularly a-MSH, in regards to pigmentation. a-MSH activates MC1Rs which results in an increased production of either black or brown eumelanin from melanocytes, the pigment associated with skin tone and skin color. The increased coloring produced from melanogenesis and UVB rays is a long lasting tan, and occurs after some degree of DNA photodamage.
A more immediate tanning effect occurs following the production of melanin, or with pre-existing melanin. In response to the less penetrating UVA rays, melanin stored in the keratinocytes combines with oxygen, causing oxidation. The oxidized melanin offers some immediate protection against UV damage, but this tan also quickly fades when the skin is not continually exposed to UV rays, this oxidation creates the golden coloring effect most commonly associated with tanning.

Melanotan Peptides: Analogs of the a-MSH hormone have been developed primarily for research in different types of skin related diseases and cancer, as natural a-MSH has a short active life of only several minutes making in therapeutically useless. The melanotan peptides work in a similar manner as a-MSH to increase melanogenesis but with far-greater binding capabilities and longer active lives, presumably one to two hours. The two most commonly used are the Melanotan-1 and Melanotan-2 peptides. Both create similar effects, with MT2 being the consumer preference of the two. This is most likely a result of greater availability, lower costs, and stronger effects. MT2 also agonizes a larger range of various melanocortin receptors thus hosting a stronger effect of libido, lipolysis, but unfortunately also the potential for side effects. Side effects seem to be slightly greater with MT2 over MT1 administration and include flushing of the face and body, nausea, lethargy, hypersexuality, and darkening of moles and freckles, and hyperpigmentation, with the degree of effect being largely dependant on dose and susceptibility.

Safety: The melanotan peptides are considered quite safe with no known carcinogenic properties and no long-term or short-term health problems yet associated with its administration, in vivo or in vitro. Many studies have been performed to assess its safety and its benefits in those susceptible to skin cancer and other skin related diseases, with only positive results. The greatest risk comes from the purchase of unlicensed, illegal and potentially counterfeit or fake melanotan products online and overseas.

Moles and Freckles: Random spots of skin with high melanocyte and or MC1R activity will be seen as freckles. The appearance of freckles is entirely genetic and cannot be created by melanotan administration by any mechanism without somehow altering the genetics. Rather these areas already naturally experience large degrees of melanogensis activity, more so than the rest of the skin. Just like UVB rays, but in a much more potent manner, melanotan triggers an even greater increase in melanogenesis causing the darkening of freckles that may have previously only been barely visible with natural levels of melanogenesis.
Moles are lesions with a high density of melanocytes. Melanotan has never been demonstrated to cause an increase in melanocytes, but because moles have so many melanocytes they are essentially hyperactive melanin-producing factories. Obviously melanotan administration will cause a great increase in melanin production in these moles causing an increase in darkness and size even in mole too small to be seen or previously mistaken for freckles. The good news is, is that those individuals with more moles are generally at a greater risk for melanoma and skin damage from UV rays. Melanotan can greatly reduce the possibility of causing or progressing skin cancer.

The protocol:

Melanotan 1

Once or twice weekly
.5 mgs - 1 mg within ONE hour of tanning for a length of time safe for your skin type.
*start low, but increase dose if desired

Melanotan 2

Once or twice weekly
.25 mgs - .5 mgs within ONE hour of tanning for a length of time safe for your skin type.
*start low, but increase dose if desired

* DO NOT DO A LOADING PERIOD FOR MELANOTAN. IT IS UNNECESSARY, ONLY USE ON DAYS OF TANNING.
* Protocol will vary depending on skin type and response to melanotan. For those susceptible to freckling, moles, or at risk to burning or skin cancer; start with a low dose of melanotan and short tanning sessions (as low as a minute or 2 if you must), as melanin density increases, tanning for longer periods will become safer with a lesser risk of freckling or burning.

Benefits of pre-tan melanotan administration
- Increased melanin production over tanning or melanotan alone.
- Immediate oxidation of newly created eumelanin, creating that glowing “suntan”.
- Minimal tanning.
- Minimal Melanotan use.
- Reduced experiences of freckling, discoloring, uneven pigmentation, nausea, etc…
- More control of “degree” of tan.

Shelf-life: After reconstitution, refrigerated melanotan is said to remain potent for only 3-4 weeks. While I believe some (possibly significant) degradation has likely occurred after 1 month, I have successfully used melanotan for much longer (over two months!), while still seemingly experiencing strong effects. If potency becomes problematic, attempt to increase the dosage. Nevertheless, because of the instability of melanotan, I again suggest the use of melanotan 1, as the larger doses will allow the user to use more of the product over a shorter period of time.

Last edited:
From other members' posts, tanning doesn't even appear to be required so your protocols might be off a bit.

Also, I didn't see anything about the increased random erections.

Seriously

.25mgs daily got me BLACK.......in 3 weeks...........1 bottles lasted me 40 days.......well, I split it so it actually lasted me 80 days

Phil

A little off subject Phil, but when do you expect you MT2 to be in stock?

From other members' posts, tanning doesn't even appear to be required so your protocols might be off a bit.

Also, I didn't see anything about the increased random erections.

Melanocortins play a large role in libido, so melanotan, especially MT2, can cause hypersexuality. I did write that in with the side effects. It's not significant as I recommend a low dose pre-tan protocol, some will still experience some increase in libido, I do not. If you read, you'd also see I wrote that tanning isn't required with melanotan peptides, but it'd be stupid not to, even if for just a minute or two (whatevers safe for your skin type). Tanning with melanotan encourages even greater melanocyte activity, allows for the oxidation of the newly created melanin, and protects from UV skin damage. It also allows for greater control over degree of tan, prevents uneven tanning, and reduces freckling and moles. All the while saving you Melanotan product and minutes at the tanning bed.

Is this done subq or intramuscular? Can this be used right out of the fridge? thanx

im not a big fan of sunbeds and they are so time consuming...does melanotan work without having to tan?

im not a big fan of sunbeds and they are so time consuming...does melanotan work without having to tan?

yes it can... but expect a different kind of tan... You will need to dose higher amounts probably more often. Expect possible freckling, hyperpigmentation and if you step outside and your head turns black consider yourself warned! lol:)

yes it can... but expect a different kind of tan... You will need to dose higher amounts probably more often. Expect possible freckling, hyperpigmentation and if you step outside and your head turns black consider yourself warned! lol:)

lol? what did you mean by the last bit?black face? yep i am already aware of freckling and stuff with higher doses...i just plan to use 250-500mcg ed and then maintain it with an eod/e3d dose later on...why is the tan different appose to incorporating sunbed along side the mt2?

Myself and my wife have used this for years. without UV exposure your tan is very minimal if you very lite skinned. UV will activate it. you do need some sun on occasion to keep a nice tan. and a little goes a long way like Phil said a 10mg vial can last for months.

is sunbedding once a week or even once a fortnight enough alongside mt2?

lol? what did you mean by the last bit?black face? yep i am already aware of freckling and stuff with higher doses...i just plan to use 250-500mcg ed and then maintain it with an eod/e3d dose later on...why is the tan different appose to incorporating sunbed along side the mt2?

MT2 only increases melanin production, but the skin tans by two mechanisms. The second mechanism is the oxidation of the melanin that occurs from exposure to UVA rays, this is the tan more associated with that golden beach look. The increase in melanin from melanogenesis is more associated with skin tone and coloring in general. If you expose yourself to sun, all that built up melanin will oxidize in the exposed areas leading to a dramatic tanning effect and thus uneven tanning.

I want to stress the importance of some exposure to UV while administering melanotan. If you just administer at night the body increases melanin production in areas with greater natural melanocyte activity, genitals, freckles, moles, etc... leading to many of the sides reported with MT, but if used in conjecture with UV, the body has mechanisms to increase melanin production and melanocyte activity in areas that need the production to protect from UV photodamage, such as the skin.

is sunbedding once a week or even once a fortnight enough alongside mt2?

absolutely, I tan only once a week, if I have time, with only .25 mgs of MT2. Now I'm a naturally slightly darker individual you you may need higher doses or longer tanning sessions. But yes, once a week is plenty.

Reconstitution...

The site says that each vial contains 10mg of the peptide and each vial is 3cc in volume. They come with at least 10 mL of Sterile water which should be used for reconstitution. Now, is this BA water? Should it be mixed in the glass vial or a separate sterile glass vial? If I wanted to have a potency of .25mg/.10cc, would that be 3ml of the water per 10mg/3cc vial of peptide? Any help would be greatly appreciated...:banghead:

The site says that each vial contains 10mg of the peptide and each vial is 3cc in volume. They come with at least 10 mL of Sterile water which should be used for reconstitution. Now, is this BA water? Should it be mixed in the glass vial or a separate sterile glass vial? If I wanted to have a potency of .25mg/.10cc, would that be 3ml of the water per 10mg/3cc vial of peptide? Any help would be greatly appreciated...:banghead:

I have no idea if sterile water means Bacteriostatic water or not... but I would just get some separately just in case. If you have 10mgs I would add 2 CC in the vial so that equals 250 mcg (.25mgs) for every 5 ius. Does that help?

What would you suggest as far as dosing for a day out side? The beach or boating for example.

What would you suggest as far as dosing for a day out side? The beach or boating for example.

depends on alot of things, but for MT2 .25mgs is what I, personally, would do. Probably no more than .5 is ever needed. Although I'd be scared of insane tan lines! lol

guys, with mtii i havnt noticed many spots or freckles and im responding well to it so far. i had UV exposure under a weak sun(in the late afternoon) a couple days ago then the next day i woke up with 3 dark specs on my face...now im worried about (sunbed)tanning tomorrow...should i wear SPF on my face? SPF15 sounds good??

thnx

guys, with mtii i havnt noticed many spots or freckles and im responding well to it so far. i had UV exposure under a weak sun(in the late afternoon) a couple days ago then the next day i woke up with 3 dark specs on my face...now im worried about (sunbed)tanning tomorrow...should i wear SPF on my face? SPF15 sounds good??

thnx

imho you should be covering and protecting your face at most times, particularly while in the sunbed. many look very foolish when they tan their face too much on MT-2

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear