over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guide to Staying Lean Year-Round

fstr03svtcobra

Registered
Ok so let me say that I'm not an expert on this at all and primarily made this thread to add to my knowledge. But I thought a thread compiling all our knowledge on staying lean even in the off season would be pretty cool. I'll start with my contribution, then wait for others to add. Oh and one more thing: I'm making this list with the assumption of a limited budget and that slin (although not useful for staying lean lol) and gh are not in the picture. Also, please refrain from stupid comments like run a gram of tren year round. Here's the list:

1. Stay on 700 + mg test most of the year (not saying it's healthy)
2. GDA's (na r ala, slin sane, p slin ect...) pre workout and before bed
3. Starved Cardio or post workout cardio
4. Metformin pre bed and before cheat-meals
5. Keeping carbs near training or post cardio
6. Keeping a close eye on estrogen
7. Mini cuts within a bulk
8. Keeping bulking calories </= 500 above maintenance (what amount over maintenance with a hefty cycle do you guys start gaining fat?)
9. Training like a demon
10. HIIT once a week
11. Not using a bunch of drugs to get lean (let me explain: if you get lean in 10 weeks with tren, var, ephedrin, cardio 15x a day, -2000 calories a day, and diurectics do you really think you will maintain this once you go back to cardio twice a week and maintenance calories and bulking drugs? If you get lean gradually, you will have an easier time staying lean.)
12. Supplements (Yohimbine, CLA, ect...) Any other supplements?
13. IGF EOmonth.
14. Other Peptides (I was hesitant to add this since I have never tried a peptide other than IGF. If I should take it off let me know. If not, what peps and dosages/protocol do you recommend?)
15. Follow a 2-1 bulk to cut time ratio (ie if you bulk for two months at least cut for a month so things don't get out of control).
16. Make smart carb choices (sugars during/after training only, lowering carbs at night or hours far away from training).
17. Learn to rely on healthy fats more than carbs (and this is highly subjective and varies from person to person).
18. Learn your body (probably the most important for me- I followed a set diet for years and always carried unnecessary fat. I now know that some days I don't need as many carbs or calories as others just based on the way I feel.)
19. Don't chase being "full" all day long - try to be full in the gym.
20. Eat after you have been slightly (very strict sense of the word) hungry for a little while (maybe 10-20 minutes).

I underlined some things I was curious about in my list (ie questions I have).

There are so many other factors to consider. Body type, metabolism, etc which is why he have experts like Shelby and John here. Your list is a good GENERAL guideline, but every individual needs a few tweaks here and there. Some people respond better to carbs others fats. Some guys don't need to do as much cardio as others dependent on metabolism and body type. You don't need to stay on 700+mgs of test either to stay lean all year long. Too many variables.

Not bad, but I agree there are a lot of other factors involved... Besides, I also think that a key is to stay lean in the offseason or winter months and even on the off cycle period... I know it's tough, but keep the off cycle eating down to a minimum and not allow yourself to get fat... That's exactly what I'm trying to do now... It's very difficult because I did abuse my body and slack on my diet and drank too much for over a month... Now I'm trying to recover and with no gear at all...

There are so many other factors to consider. Body type, metabolism, etc which is why he have experts like Shelby and John here. Your list is a good GENERAL guideline, but every individual needs a few tweaks here and there. Some people respond better to carbs others fats. Some guys don't need to do as much cardio as others dependent on metabolism and body type. You don't need to stay on 700+mgs of test either to stay lean all year long. Too many variables.

Of course there are lots of factors to consider, but You CAN'T control your body type and metabolism. I mentioned some people respond better to carbs and others to fats. Yes, you don't need to stay on 700+ mg of test and I don't do that, but I know many who do and it certainly helps. I probably should have defined lean too. When I say lean, I mean 6% or under.

Not bad, but I agree there are a lot of other factors involved... Besides, I also think that a key is to stay lean in the offseason or winter months and even on the off cycle period... I know it's tough, but keep the off cycle eating down to a minimum and not allow yourself to get fat... That's exactly what I'm trying to do now... It's very difficult because I did abuse my body and slack on my diet and drank too much for over a month... Now I'm trying to recover and with no gear at all...

Good point about staying lean in the offseason. I used to eat everything in sight off season and I think that it has become very diminishing now in terms of quality gains.

Oh snap I see Shelby viewing this thread.

Hit the reply button Shelby. Do it.

I'm curious why you added CLA? I thought it only worked in obese people. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There no need to run 700mg of test year round just to stay lean. It's all about diet, diet, cardio, and training.

:yeahthat:

Additional info regard CLA

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), is a naturally occurring trans fat and a dietary supplement promoted to the general public as a weight loss aid. In animal studies, CLA has been shown to reduce total body fat and increase lean body mass. Similar changes have been reported in human studies but the changes were minimal at best. In addition, CLA has been shown to negatively affect glucose metabolism and insulin resistance. CLA may be used if a doctor is checking for blood glucose and lipid changes, but do not expect CLA to do more than augment a standard weight control program.

I rather stay on 250test /300/ gh for a cruise depending how long the cruise bouts of slin

I like the idea of 100mg of Test C and 100mg of Tren Ace a week. Yes, it's low does but I swear it help control body fat and keeps you hard

Perplexed by your GDA placement. Is that to clear glucose and help prolong gh pulse? Like farah's concept of keeping carbs away from pwo for 30min or so before PRO/CHO meal. For example, slinsane says to take 20 min before a meal (a sample was put in a recent protein order of mine).

That list may work or even be neccessary for your training and results but everyone must find their 'own list' and the variables are countless, what about outside of training/bodybuilding factors...like say the rest of your life, job, family, schedule, stress etc?

In no way am I trying to be a dick, but the biggest factor that comes into play is going to be diet, if you have a good diet in play none of the other factors are needed as much honestly. Plenty of pro naturals out there and dedicated gym rats can stay lean with a good diet, I figure that aas gives just a bit more wiggle room , but I know even off cycle I can stay lean just as long as diet comes into play , it only makes sense to look at that first before anything else. Just staying around 400 calories over maintenance for building and then when I notice Im getting a bit to pudgy I go about 400 below maintenance and just try to maintain or improve on what I think is necessary.

Last edited:
i think if neone should be writing a guide line it should be adjos, lenny and queefer .. ive never seen them above 7-8 %

if you guys have access to a cool doc, get a prescription for Victoza. It's a new drug and it's a super injectable metformin, awesome stuff.

Do really some of the guys need to do so many things JUST to stay lean?

This is almost my guide to get shredded lol

1st option
you can use 700.00mg test, you can take rala ala bala supps with your carbs and cabs only 60min00sec pre intraw during post slightly post workout etc you can count every cal and not go above 500.00000kcals but you have to know how much you burn when you sit when you sleep when you shit when you use stairs when you cook when you have sex when you brush your teeth etc etc you can take all the peptides you can use 2-1 3-1 2.5-1.3...etc whatever bulking ratio you can worry about every single simple thing you're doing ALL YEAR round

OR

2nd option
you can stay just on HRT, train for 2 hours 5-6 times a week eat before you are hungry as much clean food as you're starving by incorporating some fasting and even some 10000cal junk food days

I don't like high dosages, I love training and eating a lot with fasting periods and I don't like to worry about every single thing I'm doing, every single gram calorie I'm eating this or that before this or that, so I'm choosing the second option and I'm lean every single day all year round lol

Perplexed by your GDA placement. Is that to clear glucose and help prolong gh pulse? Like farah's concept of keeping carbs away from pwo for 30min or so before PRO/CHO meal. For example, slinsane says to take 20 min before a meal (a sample was put in a recent protein order of mine).

My GDA protocol is to keep insulin levels low when they are not necessary. So for example, I take metformin/ na r ala pre bed and during the day (not near training though). I think of metformin as a keto button. If you are on gear, you can be keto at night or keto during the day without losing muscle IMO. Again, this may just be my metabolism. The only Farah thing I follow is keeping carbs high-ish during dieting and eating carbs 30 minutes prior to training or getting up.

That list may work or even be neccessary for your training and results but everyone must find their 'own list' and the variables are countless, what about outside of training/bodybuilding factors...like say the rest of your life, job, family, schedule, stress etc?

Exactly. I didn't intend for this to be an end all be all set in stone guide to getting lean. But we can all try each other's tips and maybe they will work out for the better.

In no way am I trying to be a dick, but the biggest factor that comes into play is going to be diet, if you have a good diet in play none of the other factors are needed as much honestly. Plenty of pro naturals out there and dedicated gym rats can stay lean with a good diet, I figure that aas gives just a bit more wiggle room , but I know even off cycle I can stay lean just as long as diet comes into play , it only makes sense to look at that first before anything else. Just staying around 400 calories over maintenance for building and then when I notice Im getting a bit to pudgy I go about 400 below maintenance and just try to maintain or improve on what I think is necessary.

Yes I agree 100%. Diet is key. My tips were just icing on the cake. Without a solid diet, nothing on the list will work at all.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws