over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gun Enthusiasts: Picked up two new toys

AWN2004

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I just got two new pistols and I'm stoked.

I picked up a Glock 29 10mm and a Kimber Ultra CDP II. I love the 10mm round but probably won't carry it much. The Kimber is just a badass 1911. My next day off will spent at the range:)

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 502
That kimber is a work of art!

And the glock looks like you could bury it in the woods for a few years and then dig it up and it would shoot fine!

That Kimber is the shit right there. NICE call on both. Not a Glock guy, myself, but not because it isn't a damn-reliable gun.

Curious as to your reasoning behind why you went with these two. Do you carry? I am very particular about what I carry so I am curious.

Skip

Nice!! I carry a glock 23 all the time not to heavy and conceals well. Also shoots great. I wasn't a glock fan before I got it. And you can't go wrong with a kimber.

I just bought a Springfield Armory XD .45 today.
Picking it up Sunday.
The Kimber is nice!

That Kimber is the shit right there. NICE call on both. Not a Glock guy, myself, but not because it isn't a damn-reliable gun.

Curious as to your reasoning behind why you went with these two. Do you carry? I am very particular about what I carry so I am curious.

Skip

I do indeed carry Skip. The funny thing is I end up carrying a Sig Sauer P238 .380 most of the time. I have Hornady Critical Defense rounds in that pistol and I can almost assure you that getting hit in the chest at five with one of those would drop almost anyone. I used to carry much larger pistols and still carry .357sig from time to time. It's such a hot round and I've put a crap load of rounds though my SA XD so I'm comfortable carrying it. That's the key for me. It's pointless to carry around a hand cannon if you can't hit what you're shooting at.

To be honest, I'm not much of a Glock fan myself but I really liked the feel of this pistol and it shoots great. I love the 10mm round. I was having a hard time finding a pistol that felt good and wasn't super expensive. I found a used Delta Arms 10mm from a broker I know here in town and he wanted an arm and a leg for that thing. The Glock was not only affordable but if I get comfortable enough to carry it, it's easy to handle and conceals great. For the most part though I'd choose a SA XD over Glock in most cases. This is the one exception.

I grew up shooting black powder rifles and high power stuff and didn't get into pistol shooting until I was old enough to buy one on my own. I always liked 1911 pistols which is why that P238 is such a badass little weapon. I've got a Springfield 1911 and Kimber was next on my list. I just like having some extra stuff to take to the range and enjoy shooting. I mean Kimber isn't quite a Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Custom, but to me it is. In my opinion it's kinda like buying a really nice car you will drive on the weekends in addition to your daily driver. I'm super happy with my choices so far.

Nice pieces. I saw two different kimbers(45) take a shit during a class... Both guys ran low & had to borrow some ammo. The guy w/ the Glock offered up his steel cased wolf. One broke its extractor & the other just wouldnt operate. It has kept me from purchasing one, but it sure looks pertty. The glock went 1500rds w/out a hiccup.

Nice pieces. I saw two different kimbers(45) take a shit during a class... Both guys ran low & had to borrow some ammo. The guy w/ the Glock offered up his steel cased wolf. One broke its extractor & the other just wouldnt operate. It has kept me from purchasing one, but it sure looks pertty. The glock went 1500rds w/out a hiccup.

That's the beauty of weapons like an XD or a Glock. You can really treat those guns pretty crappy and then still fire. I know many years ago Kimber had some major problems with some of their guns but all in all they have a pretty low failure rate. I clean all my 1911s every single time I shoot them. You could be slightly less disciplined with the other two and not have to worry about a jam. I still love Kimber regardless. It's the most expensive pistol I own now and I'm just being a retard and showing it off a little:D

Id be showing it off if I owned it too;) Very nice, Very nice indeed...(Borat voice).

Jealous as hell :) in my country fire arms is so rare and getting a permit is almost impossible so I have to settle with my mauser 1914 cal. 6.35 but i love it :) and will probably have it for a couple more years.

Also have a husqvarna 3000 shotgun but have never fired it

good looking kimber man!

I sold my Kimber Desert Warrior about a month ago, and I regret it big time!!!

I hate glocks, but I'm envious of the Kimber. Kimbers feel so nice.

Plus, nothing like ACP rounds. ;)

Very nice. I'd show off the Kimber and carry the Glock. If you want something to bet your life on Glock is it by far.

the 10mm is an awsome round and very very effecient if you can run it , most people that don't shoot much can't shoot it will especialy in the smaller compact guns but make no mistake when it it it hits with punch.

I've got a 10mm built on a STI 2011 frame long slide and i run 180gr hand loads out of it realy hot , it's a "fun" gun and some hunting.

Kimber makes fine guns from their pistols to their rifles but they are built to shoot as nice as they look and that means tighter tolerances which can lead to stopages but if the gun is kept reasonably clean and shto with good ammo it should never give you any trouble.

if you don't reload shooting a 10mm is a good reason to start cause the ammo is stupid expensive and not that easy to find pluss you can reduce the loads a little if you want to just go play at the range

the 10mm is an awsome round and very very effecient if you can run it , most people that don't shoot much can't shoot it will especialy in the smaller compact guns but make no mistake when it it it hits with punch.

I've got a 10mm built on a STI 2011 frame long slide and i run 180gr hand loads out of it realy hot , it's a "fun" gun and some hunting.

Kimber makes fine guns from their pistols to their rifles but they are built to shoot as nice as they look and that means tighter tolerances which can lead to stopages but if the gun is kept reasonably clean and shto with good ammo it should never give you any trouble.

if you don't reload shooting a 10mm is a good reason to start cause the ammo is stupid expensive and not that easy to find pluss you can reduce the loads a little if you want to just go play at the range

My two favorite rounds are probably .357sig and 10mm. Sounds like I should be investing in some reloading equipment soon:D. I've got some great friends that work for a very big range/company out here and I'm able to get rounds at a decent price. But you are very correct in that you can spend close to a buck a round on some 10mm stuff.

10mm isn't for everyone. I started out years ago with smaller rounds and loads as I was determined to learn how to shoot well before I ended up with a dozen guns covered in dust that never got shot because of my lack of skill.

Guns are a bit of a vice. I always want something new and different and I'm never satisfied:headbang:

My new gun

Is a M1a standard. It's sitting unloaded at the side of my bed. I've always wanted one. I traded my Remington 40x in 243 for it. Good deal? I dunno, and I'm happy. Plus there are only 25 yard ranges by me. Crazy on that!

glock and kimber make superb guns.
good craftsmanship, great killsmanship.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear