over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guy Cisterino Argument

Guy embarassed himself. Angry shortie trying way too hard ...

They’re privately owned, but in most states, they’re still considered public. You can’t be naked, drunk or fuck your girl on the flat bench.
If I was to own a gym, people without memberships are free to use the facility as they please? General public can sit and congregate as they please ?

I would suggest Guy felt safe enough to behave like that. He then posted the video because he thought it made him look tough. It is easy to bark and growl when you stand a low chance of immediate violence in response. There was no way he thought he was going to fight. That video did just the opposite of what he intended. Just my opinion.

Don't the situation here nor care but...Years ago I was a Reg Director for a healthclub chain and I came close to revoking Guy for being a dick to My GM and staff in that location...he's an asshole, fuck him

You mean you didnt just pat him on the back, explain to him its just part of his reptile brain causing him to be a dick and that he really didnt have any control, and then give him a free protein bar because he wasnt feeling good that day?

Don't the situation here nor care but...Years ago I was a Reg Director for a healthclub chain and I came close to revoking Guy for being a dick to My GM and staff in that location...he's an asshole, fuck him

you are seriously lucky he didn't whip out is IFBB PRO CARD on your sorry ass. game over motherf'er

It's good getting real world feedback from those that know someone.

You mean you didnt just pat him on the back, explain to him its just part of his reptile brain causing him to be a dick and that he really didnt have any control, and then give him a free protein bar because he wasnt feeling good that day?
I think it's reasonable to allow a person an outbreak like that once in a blue moon, but it appears that the behavior is not out of the ordinary for him.

Some people are just assholes. It can be justified any number of ways but an asshole that gets shut down for being an asshole usually stops outwardly being such an asshole.

The issue is that everyone is afraid of confrontation, getting involved with the law, or getting shot. Rightfully so. There's no shortage of examples.

This is just my personal experience but more and more as the years go by I notice more and more people being bigger douche bags (especially at gyms) and no one says anything. If you did some of the shit I see now in the late 90s to even early 2000s there's no way you would have gotten away with it. It's not just teens either although they are easily about half the problem from where I am sitting.

I think allowing an "outbreak" is saying it's ok to be a twat. It isn't. "Allowing" it should end up with a tacit admission they were being a dick or else you are just condoning the behavior. They probably feel like Billy Badass not like they did anything wrong.

If you have an issue walk up (and at a reasonable volume) say "Hey, are you guys here to workout or flap your jaws? I see you standing over here not doing anything but exercising you mouths. Do you guys need help? What are you working out? If this comes across as rude, it's a direct response to you occupying space in the gym while not doing working out which is what this place is for in case you forgot where you are."

You could even argue that response is a bit much but its just the right level of annoyed response to their annoying bullshit. No one is saying you have to eat shit and say nothing but you lose all credibility when you lose your shit for the camera and then go and post it on the internet.

I think it's reasonable to allow a person an outbreak like that once in a blue moon, but it appears that the behavior is not out of the ordinary for him.

I would suggest Guy felt safe enough to behave like that. He then posted the video because he thought it made him look tough. It is easy to bark and growl when you stand a low chance of immediate violence in response. There was no way he thought he was going to fight. That video did just the opposite of what he intended. Just my opinion.
^^^agreed

..when he racked the weights to go over there .."talk-time" would'v been over for any person that had real "intentions"

^^^but by that same token, the "disrespectors" (..lol, sounds like a gang) were not scared by his failed attempt at bravado
& didn't think they were going to fight either
..or they would have "met" him (..or even intercepted him) with blows when he made his dramatic/aggressive "B-line" for them

^^^this is just my observations/opinion too
..i come from a big city in the NE (..not that it really matters)
..everybody automatically gets a certain level of respect (..that's the way it used to be anyway)
..if you violate that respect (..esp intentionally) ..then you already expect/know it's "go-time", there's no "pussy-footing" around at that point

►my conclusion; ..honestly i think both groups deserve each other
..they both recognized each other for what they were & there was never any real fear of imminent violence from either side

►as far as who was "right" or who was "wrong ..all i'll say is;
..i would not have acted like "them" ..& i would not have re-acted like "him"
(..so basically, i would not have conducted myself like either party)

Some people are just assholes. It can be justified any number of ways but an asshole that gets shut down for being an asshole usually stops outwardly being such an asshole.

The issue is that everyone is afraid of confrontation, getting involved with the law, or getting shot. Rightfully so. There's no shortage of examples.

This is just my personal experience but more and more as the years go by I notice more and more people being bigger douche bags (especially at gyms) and no one says anything. If you did some of the shit I see now in the late 90s to even early 2000s there's no way you would have gotten away with it. It's not just teens either although they are easily about half the problem from where I am sitting.

I think allowing an "outbreak" is saying it's ok to be a twat. It isn't. "Allowing" it should end up with a tacit admission they were being a dick or else you are just condoning the behavior. They probably feel like Billy Badass not like they did anything wrong.

If you have an issue walk up (and at a reasonable volume) say "Hey, are you guys here to workout or flap your jaws? I see you standing over here not doing anything but exercising you mouths. Do you guys need help? What are you working out? If this comes across as rude, it's a direct response to you occupying space in the gym while not doing working out which is what this place is for in case you forgot where you are."

You could even argue that response is a bit much but its just the right level of annoyed response to their annoying bullshit. No one is saying you have to eat shit and say nothing but you lose all credibility when you lose your shit for the camera and then go and post it on the internet.
I'm not really saying that a person that's the object of aggression should ever allow it. What I'm really saying is that when judging someone's character ,it's not a bad thing to give a person a break. Its different if you're being screamed at. Kinda plays into the whole first impression thing. Is a person really an asshole because when you met them they were being one? People can have bad days. Who knows, maybe his wife left him that day? Apparently this guy is like that a lot though.

I'm not really saying that a person that's the object of aggression should ever allow it. What I'm really saying is that when judging someone's character ,it's not a bad thing to give a person a break. Its different if you're being screamed at. Kinda plays into the whole first impression thing. Is a person really an asshole because when you met them they were being one? People can have bad days. Who knows, maybe his wife left him that day? Apparently this guy is like that a lot though.

He is. Just mentioned on another podcast about a visit to the doctor where he acted like a boisterous loudmouth. And people like Ben Chow (can't for the life of me figure out why this guy's "famous") take the "Oh, that's just Guy" approach. Well, that shouldn't be Guy.

I don’t go looking for smoke, but come at me like Guy did these two and I’m clapping back harder than you can handle. Those guys were minding their business and this little midget with muscles felt like he could flex on them. He going to choose the wrong one doing ish like that

He is. Just mentioned on another podcast about a visit to the doctor where he acted like a boisterous loudmouth. And people like Ben Chow (can't for the life of me figure out why this guy's "famous") take the "Oh, that's just Guy" approach. Well, that shouldn't be Guy.
Hes "famous" because he was friends with luke sandoe ...

I was in the gym when this happened..talk about turning an ant hill into a mountain.. It wasnt staged, I can 100% tell you that. But it legit wasnt a big deal at all..blown way out of proportion.

Destination has more D-bags coming in everyday. 50/50 split on blame coming from my perspective. I spoke with Guy afterwards and what he said pretty much matched the video. The kid he was talking shit to is just that...a kid..legit 18 year old 150lb kid..he does do stupid shit like pose in front of the DB rack/etc, but nothing to go crazy about.

Going back and reading some comments:

Guy trains hard..this set prolly wasnt his best showing.

There wasnt a "camera crew" it was Nick with just his camera. No lights, etc.

There really is zero to no gym etiquette at Destination. Id pay more money to go to a private training facility personally.
The kid didn’t seem too shaken up when Guy jumped off the hack squat lol. I guess Guy thought he would be a little more intimated...

Damage control is what this video is IMO. He's wrong when he said "it's not a disrespectful comment" (what he said them in response). Actually, maybe the comment is not disrespectful but it's the manner in which he said it. Clearly, his intent was to intimidate those boys and this is disrespectful in my opinion. He says his reason for posting it wasn't to show he was a tough guy. Umm, well then wtf was the point of it? Was it to shame those boys? I hope Guy is the type who racks his weights b/c it would be hilarious if he didn't and someone confronted him about it and he wanted to fight them. Guess what? I've seen it happen. Funny, how outraged people can get (which is actually an admission of their bad behavior when you think about it) when you call them out on their bullshit.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear