over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guy Cisterino Argument

Sad sport when guys have to do lame publicity stunts like this, and then the bodybuilding media actually covers it...FUCKING SAD 😥

Alright, I was waiting for someone else to bring it up, but it’s been a few days, so I’ll do it. Guy Cisterino was having a recording made of himself doing a leg workout in a public gym. Some other patrons were doing something to distract him that pissed him off, so he yelled at them stop. One of the kids/guys argued that it was a public gym, and basically they could do what they want. Arguments:
A) It’s a public place. Get over yourself. If you don’t want the distractions of regular patrons around you, come in after hours or find a new gym.
B) The gym is not a playground. People are there for intense workouts holding heavy objects. Piss off someone who obviously regards this place as his 2nd home or place of business, standby for an ass whooping.

I’m falling somewhere in between. I get really aggravated by people fucking off in the gym (dumb exercises, chatty Cathy, karaoke with their headphones on), but I also don’t see it as MY gym. I don’t expect to enjoy everyone’s behavior, but it’s not appropriate to challenge someone to fight in a public place, which he seemed to have done.
However, we’re all human, and when the adrenaline gets pumping, we can get a little crazy.
Lastly, if someone calls you out for being a douchebag in public, maybe instead of digging your heels in and arguing about it, have a little respect and take your antics elsewhere.
Eagerly awaiting opinions.
He obviously has no right to complain. It doesn't even sound like they were being that annoying according to this description. Mind your business Guy

I felt sorry for Guy reading the comments on his original post, everyone ripped him to shreds, including top powerlifters and bodybuilders.

I didn't think much of the incident one way or another, my "problem" with Guy is that he never looks like he trains hard. He sweats and cusses, not the same thing. Yet he portrays himself like someone going to war each day. Someone like Dusty trains hard. You go hard on hacks, you hardly hear or see what happens around you.

Guy Cisternino is a loudmouth cunt and makes Fouads podcast completely unlistenable

And timing when he drops a lip so that it's always on the podcast and we can see him spit in a cup is really cool and hardcore too. 🙄

I felt sorry for Guy reading the comments on his original post, everyone ripped him to shreds, including top powerlifters and bodybuilders.

I didn't think much of the incident one way or another, my "problem" with Guy is that he never looks like he trains hard. He sweats and cusses, not the same thing. Yet he portrays himself like someone going to war each day. Someone like Dusty trains hard. You go hard on hacks, you hardly hear or see what happens around you.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, who the hell stops if they’re in the middle of a working set...I’m to busy pushing weights to notice you.

I hate that well they’re just there to work out but I’m a pro bodybuilder & I’m working...attitude.

That being said I don’t like goofing around or goofballs in the gym either.

Damn, maybe im the only one but I kind of sided with Guy.

I watched the video. Guy is a IFBB pro BBer getting a set in. The camera was angled and they were filming him get an intense set in. I have been at Golds and several top level gyms where Pros are filming their top sets, during those times...UNLESS YOU ARE PART OF THE CREW, get away from there and let them film.

These 2 dudes who happened to be standing literally 5 ft away (first sign of not knowing wtf was going on) then happen to break into laughter as Guy's friends are trying to hype him to get another couple reps. Like read the room random gym bros.

Personally, i don't like when guys film. But there is a difference between the douche physique guys doing curls and an IFBB pro hitting a top set on Hacks. See a pro getting ready to push something, take a step back, shutup and watch. Not a time to answer your cell phone or talk loudly. Compare it to a news crew filming something....you see a news crew pull up about to report, you would give them their space and you wouldn't be shouting if they were filming. Treat it like any other occasion.
In my head, these two guys were TRYING to get noticed and were trying to be tough. Do I think Guy can be a douchey New Jersey fake tough guy, hell yeah. But if this were Jay Cutler, EVERYONE would side with Jay.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, who the hell stops if they’re in the middle of a working set...I’m to busy pushing weights to notice you.

I hate that well they’re just there to work out but I’m a pro bodybuilder & I’m working...attitude.

That being said I don’t like goofing around or goofballs in the gym either.
100% agree with y'all.

When I'm on a top set of any lift I pretty much black out everything around me - it's just the weights and the music, I don't give a fuck what else is going on.

But if this were Jay Cutler, EVERYONE would side with Jay.

I wouldn't, but my outlook is no one is important or special. I should add that my spatial awareness is top notch. I wouldn't have been anywhere near Guy. When I'm at a gym I don't make a sound, stay out of everyone's way, and always keep my distance. The backlash to this is mostly how Guy handled it with the fake tough guy nonsense. But if Jay did it, I wouldn't give him a pass.

It's funny tall guys say stuff like that then when they see flex Lewis in person they are like HOLY FUCK that dude is THICK!

It's contradicts my post but yes the shear thickness on some shorter dudes is extremely impressive. I think being a taller guy (6'1) with longer limbs leans me to finding the taller guys more impressive. I think we can all relate more to guys closer to our own height.

I will say that for me the 2 most impressive guys I've seen in person were Scott Siegel (from The Wrestler) in about 2008 and also Hafthor in 2018.

Damn, maybe im the only one but I kind of sided with Guy.

I watched the video. Guy is a IFBB pro BBer getting a set in. The camera was angled and they were filming him get an intense set in. I have been at Golds and several top level gyms where Pros are filming their top sets, during those times...UNLESS YOU ARE PART OF THE CREW, get away from there and let them film.

These 2 dudes who happened to be standing literally 5 ft away (first sign of not knowing wtf was going on) then happen to break into laughter as Guy's friends are trying to hype him to get another couple reps. Like read the room random gym bros.

Personally, i don't like when guys film. But there is a difference between the douche physique guys doing curls and an IFBB pro hitting a top set on Hacks. See a pro getting ready to push something, take a step back, shutup and watch. Not a time to answer your cell phone or talk loudly. Compare it to a news crew filming something....you see a news crew pull up about to report, you would give them their space and you wouldn't be shouting if they were filming. Treat it like any other occasion.
In my head, these two guys were TRYING to get noticed and were trying to be tough. Do I think Guy can be a douchey New Jersey fake tough guy, hell yeah. But if this were Jay Cutler, EVERYONE would side with Jay.
i actually agree with this post and I am leaning toward the gtfo with the filming shit only becuase there are the npc physique lifeguard fags doing it nonstop at a gym that I go to and they hog the fucking machines and play grab ass and act liek fruitloops

Bodybuilding is not golf. Tiger Woods gets pissed when someone talks during his back stroke, but that is the culture of that sport. When you are a bodybuilder and CHOOSE to train at a COMMERCIAL GYM you cannot pull the Tiger card. You have to accept the hand that is dealt to you. You don't see Mike Trout getting upset at the fans when they talk during his at-bat do you? Solution: If you are a professional, simply move your film crew and set up to a private gym. The fact is, at a commercial gym, 99.87% of the clientele don't give a shxt about bodybuilders filming themselves for social media. As a matter of fact, these antics feed into the gym meathead stereotype and actually hurt the sport.

Number 1 rule of the gym: everyone has an equal right to their workout, the pro bodybuilder, the 85-year-old lady, everyone. Number 2 rule: share. Number 3 rule: ur mom doesn't work there.

If you can't respect those, you deserve to be beat.

The reason why some top bb'ers and powerlifters ripped him, because to a lot of people that commented on his handling of the situation, Guy actually would go check out their profile and comeback with "you only squat 135, you don't understand intensity you skinny douche" etc... And then some powerlifters started ripping on him saying how they actually squat with 800lbs and not on a hack, and they don't flip out when in a public gym.

And you are completely right, this wasn't that much of intense set. He was screaming and puffing from rep one on a 10+ set, that wasn't even slowing down as the reps progressed. I think if he was really intense he wouldn't even be aware of those guys there.

Even if they were completely distracting, he handled it completely wrong. He could have politely said, hey guys I'm filming here would mind moving please. Guaranteed they would have said sorry and moved. Instead barking "Guys, guys, you gotta cut that shit out, not in front me", right away makes the guys feel like they're being talked down to and if they walk away they will look like pussies. So ofcourse, their ego makes them say Fuck off, who the fuck are you. And it escalates. So if Guy wasn't such a chihuahua with his little aggressive barks, this probably would have never escalated.

If he continues like this, one day he will bark at the wrong person, and get his face smashed in. I think he's smart because those guys didn't look like much, and if they looked "tough" in anyways, he'd be more polite, but one day he'll run into a wolf in sheeps clothing, and when he charges at him there won't be any talking but a shot right in his noggin.

I feel bad for guy. There is a mental disconnect for him and he doesnt realize it. Some people shouldnt take gear and hes one if them. There has to be a more scientific word for small man syndrome. Constantly telling people how hard you work, always interrupting on Fuads podcast, he feels entitled in the gym cause hes a professional.
He would benefit from coming off gear and getting therapy. It maybe harsh but his attitude is really terrible.

The reason why some top bb'ers and powerlifters ripped him, because to a lot of people that commented on his handling of the situation, Guy actually would go check out their profile and comeback with "you only squat 135, you don't understand intensity you skinny douche" etc... And then some powerlifters started ripping on him saying how they actually squat with 800lbs and not on a hack, and they don't flip out when in a public gym.

And you are completely right, this wasn't that much of intense set. He was screaming and puffing from rep one on a 10+ set, that wasn't even slowing down as the reps progressed. I think if he was really intense he wouldn't even be aware of those guys there.

Even if they were completely distracting, he handled it completely wrong. He could have politely said, hey guys I'm filming here would mind moving please. Guaranteed they would have said sorry and moved. Instead barking "Guys, guys, you gotta cut that shit out, not in front me", right away makes the guys feel like they're being talked down to and if they walk away they will look like pussies. So ofcourse, their ego makes them say Fuck off, who the fuck are you. And it escalates. So if Guy wasn't such a chihuahua with his little aggressive barks, this probably would have never escalated.

If he continues like this, one day he will bark at the wrong person, and get his face smashed in. I think he's smart because those guys didn't look like much, and if they looked "tough" in anyways, he'd be more polite, but one day he'll run into a wolf in sheeps clothing, and when he charges at him there won't be any talking but a shot right in his noggin.

Agree with this. I actually did look up the video and the funny thing is...if it did lead to a fight, my money wouldn't be on the short muscle bound hamster. I feel like either of the taller younger dudes could have kicked his ass without much trouble they weren't exactly shaking or backing away when he ran up to them lol.

Overall it seemed like he just lost his cool the the video wasn't as bad as I thought.

I was in the gym when this happened..talk about turning an ant hill into a mountain.. It wasnt staged, I can 100% tell you that. But it legit wasnt a big deal at all..blown way out of proportion.

Destination has more D-bags coming in everyday. 50/50 split on blame coming from my perspective. I spoke with Guy afterwards and what he said pretty much matched the video. The kid he was talking shit to is just that...a kid..legit 18 year old 150lb kid..he does do stupid shit like pose in front of the DB rack/etc, but nothing to go crazy about.

Going back and reading some comments:

Guy trains hard..this set prolly wasnt his best showing.

There wasnt a "camera crew" it was Nick with just his camera. No lights, etc.

There really is zero to no gym etiquette at Destination. Id pay more money to go to a private training facility personally.

I agree with both sides in many ways. I think it was totally blown out of proportion and things like that happen all the time in the gym. I agree Guy is a bit of a douche. I also agree about gym etiquette. Loads of guys are idiots in gyms and they should be more respectful. At the same time they didn't look bad at all and they were nowhere near him. It would be different if he was walking back with a barbell on his back squatting but he was in a hack squat so they weren't actually anywhere near him. They would have to be right next to the machine for them to get in the way. If you are barbell squatting it's different and you should allow a lot of room because you don't want to put the lifter off in anyway. If there is a crew and they are filming you obviously stay away and allow them to film without distraction but as posted above it was just a guy with a camera.

As others have stated if you are truly training hard you wouldn't even notice. At the same time if guys are being idiots and joking right next to you before you even start it can be annoying. It's impossible to know just how bad those guys were but from the video it wasn't anything major and he over reacted but the worst thing about all of this is the "cancel culture" that comes afterwards from idiots on the internet overreacting about the stupidest things. They sorted it out in the gym so end of and it's ridiculous it's been blown up so much on social media.

I agree with both sides in many ways. I think it was totally blown out of proportion and things like that happen all the time in the gym. I agree Guy is a bit of a douche. I also agree about gym etiquette. Loads of guys are idiots in gyms and they should be more respectful. At the same time they didn't look bad at all and they were nowhere near him. It would be different if he was walking back with a barbell on his back squatting but he was in a hack squat so they weren't actually anywhere near him. They would have to be right next to the machine for them to get in the way. If you are barbell squatting it's different and you should allow a lot of room because you don't want to put the lifter off in anyway. If there is a crew and they are filming you obviously stay away and allow them to film without distraction but as posted above it was just a guy with a camera.

As others have stated if you are truly training hard you wouldn't even notice. At the same time if guys are being idiots and joking right next to you before you even start it can be annoying. It's impossible to know just how bad those guys were but from the video it wasn't anything major and he over reacted but the worst thing about all of this is the "cancel culture" that comes afterwards from idiots on the internet overreacting about the stupidest things. They sorted it out in the gym so end of and it's ridiculous it's been blown up so much on social media.
Agreed
Main points

1. Don't overreact in the gym.
2. Don't go to the gym to goof off and distract others

A big problem is gyms allow people to film. I try my hardest to not let it distract me but when you have people with there own tripods filming lame ass shit i get angry inside. but its the new generation we are allowing and creating. social media is the new "thing" the old guys cant i understand it, i sure as hell dont. but its like the passing of the torch. How are grandfathers use to say back in my day. We are now those guys. The direction the new generation is going. I hate to say it but in the future i dont see the United States being the power house it once was. We are a shadow of what we use to be now. The housing market and wages has a ton to do with it as well. Young people cant afford to buy there own homes. they have to live at home longer. When you have a 25 year old still having his mom do his laundry and cook him dinner gym edicate is the last thing on there mind. How are they gonna put there weights away when there mom puts there laundry away.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131