over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guy Losses it at Planet Fitness Gym

Why even join... They really do need to change their slogan (judgment free) though, before some smartass bodybuilding type with little money hires a attorney for discrimination based on looks... I can see someone trying that.

I tried doing cardio at a Planet Fitness one day on a Friday were a co-worker went. I was going to pay for one day. They told me bodybuilding types were not allowed at the gym and then change their mind and said I could use the cardio machines only if I payed for a month, which I though was $10, but they ask for $20.

I told them forget it and I did not even want to workout at thier facility even for one day that is suppose to promote health, but has pizza Fridays, while I looked at the 5 XXL pizzas they had at the front table for members to take.

If Planet Shitness is the only place around you, save a little money and get a power rack and create your own home gym instead.

as a business man myself, i rather sale my membership to the 98% of the fat population who's a corporate executive, doc, lawyer instead to 2% of meat heads work as construction worker and can't even afford to pay for their own fucking electricity bills. i like to train hardcore myself, but when comes to $$, i go where the cash is. would u guys rather make $20k/month sell to the general population or making $2k/month dedicated to the hardcore members? i take the 1st option hands down

I understand this and would do the same.

Not trying to sture the pot, but a extensive recent study reports large majority of steroids users are, educated men, around middle age with higher than average incomes. I don't know if they are all meatheads.

I think the ones who ruin it are these guys in there early 20s who don't know how to act who fit in the category you described.

Dont grunt or yell loudly, dont drop the weights, apparently only a meat head couldnt understand the simplicity of it all.

Truthfully I hate when people throw weights on the floor, usually they are using 80 pound dumbells and apparently thats pretty hardcore, thats why they need to yell and grunt and wheez their way though a set of incline presses and then throw them to the ground like "branch" does.

20 bucks a month?

I would workout there no problem! But I would probably get kicked for eating all the pizza haha.

Given those rules I would just never sign up there.

I certainly understand the irritation of most members here with their "lunk alarm." Certainly a negative stereotype. It would be like having a "pansy alarm" for people that don't train to failure.

he should've known something would happen. we all know what a shit place those are anyway. Either hes stupid or just asking for trouble

I got a question for every single person on this thread ESPECIALLY THE GUYS WHO SAY "yea fuck that shit, fucking hardcore dude! I should be able to spit and throw my weights around or fuck off!!!"

The hypothetical situation: You are now a business owner. You own a very clean, high class gym, in a nice part of town. 98% of your paying clientele are businessmen, businesswomen, homedads, housewives, elderly and just people trying to stay in general shape. Two percent of your clientele are hardcore bodybuilders and powerlifters. You see the bodybuilders/powerlifters screaming, getting chalk everywhere, dropping 110 pound dumbells etc in YOUR GYM...this is YOUR GYM REMEMBER where your paycheck comes in. Are you going to coddle to your hardcore guys or are you going to coddle your 98% general public? I am as hardcore as they come but i can remove myself from the situation and see the detriment a few outrageous members can cause.......so if you were running your gym and two powerlifters are screaming in the corner doing deadlifts, and you can see your losing members to another high end gym around the corner (who doesnt allow it to go on).....what are you going to do? Say fuck that, I am hardcore myself, I dont give a shit if I have 80 members left, its hardcore or go home....or keep yourself a profitable club?

And yes i see the hardcore lifters dilemna also....

but I want some people to look at things as a businessman and see some opinions here....

That is my exact situation and frankly, though I am a bodybuilder, I structure my setting and prices to weed out the young "hardcore" members.

The video is as fake as they come. The acting is horrendous. The mirror is probably made of polished steel or aluminum and I's suspect a girl was used to show their employees dont have a problem enforcing their rules in any situation.

you don't have a clue what you're talking about

I thought it was awesome too....run a fucking semi truck through every one of those gyms

My Brother, Dad, and I walked into one of those once...Dad didn't know what it was, we had gone to the address listed in the phonebook as a world gym in the area....and we get there....and it was a planet fitness....and dad's like oh lets go in anyway.
And they didn't even LET us pay them money for a day pass, they were like, well there's this other gym a couple miles down the road, we think you should go there. I would gladly burn every one of those places down
bro if you sound like your giving birth to a cow while training. your just a drama queen.you can push heavy weight. with out all the attention.trust me it can be done. breathing is not that noisy.its all about how many people you want to watch you. that shit is what stereotypes all of us just unexceptable. and you wonder why our supplements are illegal.good example.buy reading your post it sounds like you need a few more years under your belt before you can understand that.

Last edited:
I don't see a reason for the mirror to shatter if they used a specific type of material to make the mirror out of and the size of the mirror and if its a bit hollow behind the mirror. Its not going to be the same kind of mirror you have in your bathroom that would shatter easily. The mirror flexed quite a bit when it got hit so it obviously had a large amount of weight thrown at it.

And the people recording i bet knew from looking at the guy that he'd set off the alarm and starting recording it to get a laugh or something.

Are you for real!!!! A 50 lb weight hitting any mirror will shatter or crack the mirror. Please let me know what kind of mirror you are talking about cause I need to have my gym get some as a guy hit the mirror with an olympic bar and the mirror cracked.

bro if you sound like your giving birth to a cow while training. your just a drama queen.you can push heavy weight. with out all the attention.trust me it can be done. breathing is not that noisy.its all about how many people you want to watch you. that shit is what stereotypes all of us just unexceptable. and you wonder why our supplements are illegal.good example.buy reading your post it sounds like you need a few more years under your belt before you can understand that.

I'll never understand or agree with what you're saying. I'm there to achieve something, and yelling and grunting is motivating....others pushing that hard is motivating, it pushes me to push myself harder. It brings ENERGY to the gym and each and every person in it, at least the ones that don't have a moronic issue with making noise while one works out.

I'll never understand or agree with what you're saying. I'm there to achieve something, and yelling and grunting is motivating....others pushing that hard is motivating, it pushes me to push myself harder. It brings ENERGY to the gym and each and every person in it, at least the ones that don't have a moronic issue with making noise while one works out.
but i really doubt it makes you any stronger.i,m not saying any noise is bad. but thier is a line when you just look like a jackass.and become obnoxious to the rest of the place. lets just say we disagree on this point.

Last edited:
but i really doubt it makes you any stronger.i,m not saying any noise is bad. but thier is a line when you just look like a jackass.and become obnoxious to the rest of the place.

and i could care less what others think of me. And it does make you stronger in the sense that it's psyching you up preparing you for the battle with the weight, yea alot of that can be done just in your head, but not all. I personally like getting smacked before doing a really heavy set, TRAIN INSANE

It's the just elitist attitude that says they don't discriminate except against "stupid people" which is the definition of lunkhead. So if you grunt at their gym you are by their definition stupid. But if you opened a gym and said we don't cater to fat asses, it would be all over the news of how you are discriminating. I think at first people think its affiliated to Planet Hollywood or something and those were created by people associates with grunting while training such as Arnold, or Stallone so then to see this fake gym pop up and "discriminate" and call people stupid is alarming(no pun intended).

and i could care less what others think of me. And it does make you stronger in the sense that it's psyching you up preparing you for the battle with the weight, yea alot of that can be done just in your head, but not all. I personally like getting smacked before doing a really heavy set, TRAIN INSANE

Ruhl, I think what you are saying is that in a hardcore gym, the yelling and grunting is part of working out and yes it is a way to motivate yourself.

I tried to lift quietly but I found myself not doing that last rep, so I prefer to grunt and therefore I am destined to workout only in hardcore gyms.

And for Mature Muscles in your disagreement with Ruhl think about it when you are going for a max lift you are going to be making noise as well as your trainer or spotter yelling at you to motivate you and yes it does make you stronger. I have yet been to a powerlifting meet where the spotter whispered you can do it, push. Come on get real we yell grunt and scream because of the way we train which is going over 100%.

Ruhl I will train with you any day so we can grunt yell and scream and put up our best lifts.

What was that squealing at the beginning? That was great. What a dumbass! Around here he would get his ass kicked for talking like that to a girl.

I just got out of several months of PT and joined a Planet Fitness gym. I was only working out for less than a year before the PT and was out of shape and over 40 before that so I joined for the price ($99 for a year, and that's in MA, one of the more expensive states) and location.

There are only about 1/2 dozen guys who actually work out, I think there are more girls who are into fitness and getting results there than men. Only a few guys have fitness level musclature, no one has a bodybuilders physique. It works for me because I'm just a beginner, no wait on the machines and it's not like I"m maxing out their dumbells yet, but they only go up to 60 lbs lol.

The guy who said there is 'fake working out' there- that happens bigtime, I laughed when I read him calling it that cuz it's true. On their dress code sign they have a pic of a really big bodybuilder in a muscle shirt with a line through it- like it's not allowed haha. And the judgement free thing is really whacked because no one talks to each other so there are tons of people totally wasting their time the way they work out but they are not asking for or being offered advice from anyone. I just joined 2 weeks ago and was going to give a few ppl tips but decided not to because it's probably against the 'no judgements' rule. I never seen so many guys lift weights like 4 year olds doing 10 reps in 3 seconds hahaha

Being a business owner

I completely understand and agree with DC. From a business standpoint, you see a whole different situation... Nobody goes into business to lose customers and money..

a hardcore room added to a planet fitness type gym is just genius... Now everyone could be happy... the more people that are happy.. the more $$ in your pocket... ( if you owned it)

I'm a girl so I don't grunt, but when I see a big boy making noise during his workout I have no problem with that. Some people do make noise to motivate themself. I much rather listen to people doing their work under the weights than little male sluts yapping on their phone or to each other, and those little male sluts are the ones walking around with an armpit rash...
and those are the little male sluts that are totally against making noise at the gym...
I know some big boys and who put many hard years of work into their body
and some are as quiet as hell, and some are not.
Eighter way if you have the size and shape to back up your grunting, who cares how much attention you attract? Use whatever works for you to get a good pump.

The only time I really felt the need to really grunt is the last couple of reps in a really hard set of something like squats or deadlifts. Going really heavy, like in a powerlifting workout doing 2-3 heavy reps balls to the wall, I usually ended up yelling pretty damn loud on squats. It something about the release of pressure, I dont know but somehow it really does feel like you can push more weight when you grunt loud. Now ive seen some fools at the gym doing sets of say 10 reps and yelling out with each and every rep, there is no sense in that at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity