over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guys: Eating when Hungry!

So for those of you who do "eat only when hungry" do you ever actually get full? I'm assuming you never really eat any huge portions. The reason I ask is because I eat every hr or two all day long and I never really stop feeling hungry. Doesn't really seem to matter what combination of macros I choose, I'm hungry constantly. I've really been this way my whole life even before I started lifting 10 years ago.

Just curious how this system works for you guys with large appetites?

Since ive started doing it correctly i have been hungry non stop... Went from 3-5 meals doing it incorrectly to 8-10 correctly and thats waiting to be starving first... That mixed with a gallon and a half of water makes for a large quantity.... Getting stronger and leaner by the day..

I guess it's always been ingrained into my head that you gotta wait at least an hour or two between feedings or you'll get fat, but I guess if your still hungry that's your body's way of telling you it needs more nutrients.

Sometimes it can be tough to tell the difference between being legitimately "hungry" or just wanting to eat cuz your bored.

I guess it's always been ingrained into my head that you gotta wait at least an hour or two between feedings or you'll get fat, but I guess if your still hungry that's your body's way of telling you it needs more nutrients.

Sometimes it can be tough to tell the difference between being legitimately "hungry" or just wanting to eat cuz your bored.

Its most certainly a mind trip.. For some reason the more hungry i am and the more i eat the more energy i get.. Im severely ADD so this can pose some troubles for me but i tell you what its nice to have good ol natural energy..

Back to the orginal topic....it's just stupid to flame someone for saying that many belives in a higher protein intake. Just about every pro follow this principle.

Everyone knows that to loose weigth you have to eat less than you're burning, and to gain weigth you have to eat more. It's that simple and to think anything else is just stupid. Dosen't matter if you feel hungry or not.

How you're making up the macronutritions of how that calorie amount should look like, is debatable....in the end it dosen't really mather that much I think, just personal preferences and goals. you want to grow: less protein-more carbs. you want to get in shape - more protin - less carbs.....if you need 2000kcals to loose weigth any shitty strange macrocombo will work. 3bigmacs a day or whatever.

At least if you go on a low fat/high prot/low carb diet things is very easy to adjust. keep protein and fat the same, and adjust the carbs. eat the carbs when u need them. This is how most competitive people do it, and I guess Phil got in his freakish contest shape by eating just chicken,veggies,and lbas. Throw one red meat meal and 1tbls oil into there and your good to go, I guess he had some fat.

You can do extreme stuff like that and almost grow, when you add drugs to it. And if you feel hungry you just eat more protein and get even more ripped. You can have as much protein you want. The body uses more enegry to break it down than the energy in it itself, -which also ramps up your metabolism.

Phil's diet is another approach and it works good. You will feel full, get a lot stronger and lean out. Very good for getting in shape and staying there. For growing I think as he says you need to manipulate a little to get in more food.

Back to the orginal topic....it's just stupid to flame someone for saying that many belives in a higher protein intake. Just about every pro follow this principle.

Everyone knows that to loose weigth you have to eat less than you're burning, and to gain weigth you have to eat more. It's that simple and to think anything else is just stupid. Dosen't matter if you feel hungry or not.

How you're making up the macronutritions of how that calorie amount should look like, is debatable....in the end it dosen't really mather that much I think, just personal preferences and goals. you want to grow: less protein-more carbs. you want to get in shape - more protin - less carbs.....if you need 2000kcals to loose weigth any shitty strange macrocombo will work. 3bigmacs a day or whatever.

At least if you go on a low fat/high prot/low carb diet things is very easy to adjust. keep protein and fat the same, and adjust the carbs. eat the carbs when u need them. This is how most competitive people do it, and I guess Phil got in his freakish contest shape by eating just chicken,veggies,and lbas. Throw one red meat meal and 1tbls oil into there and your good to go, I guess he had some fat.

You can do extreme stuff like that and almost grow, when you add drugs to it. And if you feel hungry you just eat more protein and get even more ripped. You can have as much protein you want. The body uses more enegry to break it down than the energy in it itself, -which also ramps up your metabolism.

Phil's diet is another approach and it works good. You will feel full, get a lot stronger and lean out. Very good for getting in shape and staying there. For growing I think as he says you need to manipulate a little to get in more food.

THAT.

i was going to asking this question.Would this diet can be used for gaining ?

O most def. I lost a lot of weight at first and have slowly been gaining weight and getting leaner...

Yes

O most def. I lost a lot of weight at first and have slowly been gaining weight and getting leaner...

You will lose weight at first..........you will look flat at first............then BAM......muscle growth....fullness....HUNGER.... because you are more in tune with your hunger clock hormones...(insulin, leptin, ghrelin).....assuming you have normal sleep patterns however.

You will lose weight at first..........you will look flat at first............then BAM......muscle growth....fullness....HUNGER.... because you are more in tune with your hunger clock hormones...(insulin, leptin, ghrelin).....assuming you have normal sleep patterns however.

Yes sir!! up about 9 pounds in two weeks... U have seen the pics.. :cool:

OK PHIL

You said normal sleep patterns. This is a big Oh Oh for me. I work shift work. I flip flop schedules very often sometimes from nights to days back to nights all in one week. I get 4-5 hours on most work days/nights. I do get an extra 2-3 on off days, but I don't always get off days.

I know it will hender my growth, but have you had clients with a work schedule like this, that got great results?

You said normal sleep patterns. This is a big Oh Oh for me. I work shift work. I flip flop schedules very often sometimes from nights to days back to nights all in one week. I get 4-5 hours on most work days/nights. I do get an extra 2-3 on off days, but I don't always get off days.

I know it will hender my growth, but have you had clients with a work schedule like this, that got great results?

im in the same boat brotha,i have got terrible sleeping habits from working nights,alot of times i will only sleep 4-5 hours and within that 4-5 hours i will wake up 2-3 times.

im in the same boat brotha,i have got terrible sleeping habits from working nights,alot of times i will only sleep 4-5 hours and within that 4-5 hours i will wake up 2-3 times.

I NEVER sleep through the night, even if i take something to help me sleep.. I can never get comfortable enough to do so.. Im always moving.. It awful, i cant remember the last full night of sleep i have gotten.. Its leterally been years.. I feel your pain..

Well

I NEVER sleep through the night, even if i take something to help me sleep.. I can never get comfortable enough to do so.. Im always moving.. It awful, i cant remember the last full night of sleep i have gotten.. Its leterally been years.. I feel your pain..

You my have a hard time getting lean.......bad sleep pattens will lower Leptin levels, you will feel hungrier more often but its a false hunger.......so you will eat sooner than normal........so watch the bodyfat% and you may need to adjust macros to compensate.

You my have a hard time getting lean.......bad sleep pattens will lower Leptin levels, you will feel hungrier more often but its a false hunger.......so you will eat sooner than normal........so watch the bodyfat% and you may need to adjust macros to compensate.

I would leave the macro adjusting to you :D... Im still getting 7 hours a night though... Im leaner than ive ever been currently though..

Maybe this has something to do with why I'm always hungry... My sleep schedule stinks, especially now that I'm dieting. I can't ever seem to stay asleep for more than a couple hrs at a time.

Phil- will naps help at all with this, or does it have to be longer continuous periods of REM sleep?

Well

Maybe this has something to do with why I'm always hungry... My sleep schedule stinks, especially now that I'm dieting. I can't ever seem to stay asleep for more than a couple hrs at a time.

Phil- will naps help at all with this, or does it have to be longer continuous periods of REM sleep?

Naps HELP.........but I think longer sleep is better for the REM

Ok, thanks. I'll keep trying to grab my little power naps whenever I can.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131