over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guys: Eating when Hungry!

LBA's

Thanks Goglo 13.

I'm just waiting for the first bottle to arrive. If I like em, I'll be buying plenty.

It works out much cheaper than regular food. I can use all the $$ help I can get.

Ok

I know Phil....remember I am a client of yours...:D

But for 18 yrs, it has been drilled into my head that 2 grams of Protien per LB of bodyweight adds lean muscle. 1 gram per lb of body weight is minimum to maintain weight.
Since im weighing in the high 260's.. I feel as though i need the 540ish G's of protien to build lean tissue. Anything less and I feel "soft"

And how was it working for you? :) Got any pics with trunks on from when we started? .....then pics now?

And how was it working for you? :) Got any pics with trunks on from when we started? .....then pics now?

No, you got pics from my winter bulk....I need to get the wife to snap some new pics.

But you do not agree that it take say 1.5 to 2 g's of protien per LB of bodyweight to ADD muscle mass while being....Assisted? Since protien synthisis is greatly improved?

OK

No, you got pics from my winter bulk....I need to get the wife to snap some new pics.

But you do not agree that it take say 1.5 to 2 g's of protien per LB of bodyweight to ADD muscle mass while being....Assisted? Since protien synthisis is greatly improved?

Why on earth would you be so rigid in your expectations?? What if you need 3? 4? 1? who knows........why not just REALLY READ INTO my diet.......see how it morphs to fit muscle growth? Sow down and think about it.......I did before I came up with it....Save yourself a lot of grief.

I always listen to you Phil, im just throwing out what other People think ...to have a civil debate.....

Others may chime in !!!!

This isnt a "blanket party"

This is all about learning and questioning what is right and what is wrong.

If people never asked questions, would we all know the right answers?

BUT

I always listen to you Phil, im just throwing out what other People think ...to have a civil debate.....

Others may chime in !!!!

This isnt a "blanket party"

This is all about learning and questioning what is right and what is wrong.

If people never asked questions, would we all know the right answers?

Yes, that's fine, but should you not know what I am saying FIRST???

Yes, that's fine, but should you not know what I am saying FIRST???

I totally understand, we have changed the Micros in my diet to get in more protein, but im just not hungry enough to get in the amount of protien I believe I need.

But like you said..... How do I know what I need for protien requirements?

Well I have been in this game for 18 yrs. The 1st 4-5 Yrs was as a powerlifter= Ate everything in sight...

I can tell with my strength and hardness of my muscles when im too low on protien.

So I am comfortable enough to know what i need in terms of building lean tissue.

BUT.........Is it the SAME for EVERYONE?
This is the question I am asking.

Well honestly

I totally understand, we have changed the Micros in my diet to get in more protein, but im just not hungry enough to get in the amount of protien I believe I need.

But like you said..... How do I know what I need for protien requirements?

Well I have been in this game for 18 yrs. The 1st 4-5 Yrs was as a powerlifter= Ate everything in sight...

I can tell with my strength and hardness of my muscles when im too low on protien.

So I am comfortable enough to know what i need in terms of building lean tissue.

BUT.........Is it the SAME for EVERYONE?
This is the question I am asking.

The goal is to MAKE yourself hungry.......thats the goal.........

The goal is to MAKE yourself hungry.......thats the goal.........

LOL, i try I try!!!
I do get in 6-8 meals per day with about 40-50g's of protein.....
But that equals out to 450g's tops.....But I have to force myself to eat
or drink more protien to get to the 2'gs per lb of bodyweight since im 268-270ish.

8 full meals plus a couple shakes a day....Im just not hungry.

I have to force feed. :(

Since im no longer competeing...well we'll see.........Never say never!

Maybe I should just eat less and drop to 235-240ish.

Naaaa......:)

Brown rice, canned tuna, steamed veg, chilli flakes --> Combine and stir -->
Put in Tupperware container -->
Teaspoon of almond butter with every serve, depending on your macro ratio.
:)--> EAT! <--:)

Can get boring, but it makes the planning part easy.

PS: Works great with beef ,pork etc.

Last edited:
rice

No rice now! Does sound good tho. Protein, veggies, fruits, good fats.

LOL, i try I try!!!
or drink more protien to get to the 2'gs per lb of bodyweight since im 268-270ish.

How much protein do you actually think needs to be replaced in your body each day? How much new protein do you think is synthesized each day, even with extensive supplements (hint: it can't be much or you'd be ronnie coleman in fairly little time).

I also have to question your contention that you feel less "hard" when your protein is at "only" 450g/day versus 520, both because its hard to think of a physiological mechanism by which this would be the case and because the difference in the two macro profiles is fairly small.

In the end, you need to decide whether you think that you need 2g/lb P (and X carbs and Y fats) of bodyweight, every day, end of story, or if you're going to let hunger be your guide. For myself, I've been able to grow while staying leaner by following the latter prescription. Sometimes my hunger takes me to 6 meals, in which case I only consume 360g P, sometimes 8 (480g/day).

LOL, i try I try!!!

I think Phil's philosophy is to eat what your body REQUIRES..your muscles will dictate how much protein you need to eat...once you have hit that requirement, excess protein will not be used..and how would you know how much your muscle requires?

By force feeding yourself, you are also most prolly not allowing your body to maximise the nutrients you're ingesting as you are not hungry.. I think the digestive system functions best when you are hungry...in other words, higher protein assimilation as compared to when not hungry...

just my thoughts...what do you think phil?

YES

I think Phil's philosophy is to eat what your body REQUIRES..your muscles will dictate how much protein you need to eat...once you have hit that requirement, excess protein will not be used..and how would you know how much your muscle requires?

By force feeding yourself, you are also most prolly not allowing your body to maximise the nutrients you're ingesting as you are not hungry.. I think the digestive system functions best when you are hungry...in other words, higher protein assimilation as compared to when not hungry...

just my thoughts...what do you think phil?

I think thats awesome........and so is what the_warrior said

I agree completely with ultima, by eating when you are hungry your body will tell you how you react to the amount of macros you eat...I don't think that its too hard to do
I also feel that by force feeding yourself your body doesnt get the needed time it requires to digest the previous meal, which then would just store the nutrients as fats for later to burn...thats just my opinion.
Now for the original poster, pack extra food for the day even if you have too. just have a specific amount of macro's for each meal and use simple foods i.e boiled eggs, lba's, meat, etc

How much protein do you actually think needs to be replaced in your body each day? How much new protein do you think is synthesized each day, even with extensive supplements (hint: it can't be much or you'd be ronnie coleman in fairly little time).

I also have to question your contention that you feel less "hard" when your protein is at "only" 450g/day versus 520, both because its hard to think of a physiological mechanism by which this would be the case and because the difference in the two macro profiles is fairly small.

In the end, you need to decide whether you think that you need 2g/lb P (and X carbs and Y fats) of bodyweight, every day, end of story, or if you're going to let hunger be your guide. For myself, I've been able to grow while staying leaner by following the latter prescription. Sometimes my hunger takes me to 6 meals, in which case I only consume 360g P, sometimes 8 (480g/day).

See I totally agree with both of your posts.......

BUT..... Do you want to be a lean 220lbs or a lean 270?

Did Ronnie Coleman...or ANY Super Heavy NPC or IFBB..... Eat only when they were hungry?

NO way....They eat till they feel like puking.

With "Huge doses" of super supplements, you can stay peeled while having a high Protein high carb, high everything!!! LOL.

So this is a great thread, it shows the diversity of the goals that we all have!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws