over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guys I need your help to quit smoking

Do the ladies really call you Slice?

no but I wish they would :eek:

The dude's already decided he wants to quit, he's made the decision. He's just looking for some advice on how to do it. Isn't that one of the things we're all about here on this board, helping our brothers and sisters when and if we can?

that's true.

based on what ive heard, deciding to quit is the easiest part.

I guess it's just human nature to find "reasons" to keep doing something even if it's really bad for your health.

everyone I know who quit, and stayed quitting, used pure willpower... I mean, if you don't have that... no amount of cessation drugs will help.

I was just giving OP some tough love... gotta have the willpower to do it.. sometimes that's the only thing that will work.

OP will probably get more advice from forums that are dedicated purely to the subject though

i'll never understand cigarette smoking :confused:

wellbutrin, nicorette, vape whatever it takes to quit.
Don't listen to all these hardcore guys that are addicted to steroids :D , it's not as easy as just putting your mind to it when it's chemical.
Props to you for trying to stop.

I Agree with this.

First off, nicotine is not bad, so you may use it how you may, in a healthy manner. Vape, gum, powder, whatever.

Secondly Bupropion will increase your sense of well-being via dopamine reuptake. Next it will particularly temper and stabilize your nicotinic receptors.

Well I got the full range of responses I expected lol. But thank you guys. I guess I didn't make this clear enough and didn't mean to come across as needy. I was mostly asking you guys about how drugs helped you quit or what bad side effects they gave you. That is my worry of Chantix. I am diagnosed with depression and take celexa and worry about that.

If anyone wants to question my will power i understand. I don't make any excuses for my behavior. But I would also like you to understand I bartend and am always in environment of drugs drinking and cigarettes. I have managed to stop all drug use age (much to the dismay of my friends and coworkwrs). This makes it very hard always being around it.

I know everyone hates smokers and I get it. I hate people smoking near me too. I actually had to think about it before I brought it up in this forum. But I would also like to say if you don't understand the struggle , no one is making you post in this thread. I wouldn't tell women asking how to reduce period cramps and pain to " suck it up because I don't get it"

Tried chantix, it gave me pretty bad anxiety. I ended up using nicorette gum 4mg for 2 weeks / 2mg for 3 weeks then 1mg for 4 weeks, by the time I got to the 1mg gum I hardly used any. Stay away from people who smoke, and keep a few pieces with you if you get the urge, just keep fighting it.

I don't smoke personally, except for an occasional cigar, but I know people who do or did. I think the most important thing is deciding your gonna quit and don't give up. Different methods work for different people. If one thing doesn't help u try something else and don't give up.

Well I got the full range of responses I expected lol. But thank you guys. I guess I didn't make this clear enough and didn't mean to come across as needy. I was mostly asking you guys about how drugs helped you quit or what bad side effects they gave you. That is my worry of Chantix. I am diagnosed with depression and take celexa and worry about that.

If anyone wants to question my will power i understand. I don't make any excuses for my behavior. But I would also like you to understand I bartend and am always in environment of drugs drinking and cigarettes. I have managed to stop all drug use age (much to the dismay of my friends and coworkwrs). This makes it very hard always being around it.

I know everyone hates smokers and I get it. I hate people smoking near me too. I actually had to think about it before I brought it up in this forum. But I would also like to say if you don't understand the struggle , no one is making you post in this thread. I wouldn't tell women asking how to reduce period cramps and pain to " suck it up because I don't get it"

This is much easier said then done..work on the root of the cause why you picked up the cigs and why are you depressed. Accept the things you can't change in life and embrace the things you can. Best of luck man

I tried the cutting down method in the past. Was down to 6 a day then started back up.
Tried the vaping, it didn't do it for me. Still wanted a real one.
Did cold turkey for 3 days.

Of all the smokers that I know, there's just a handful that actually went on to quitting for good. Hell, I know a guy that had bypass surgery (diet, drinking, smoking, stress), quit for a month, and he's back to puffing. Damn right it's hard!

Don't listen to this. Cessation drugs work - there is no doubt.

Also, all addiction comes from nutrient deficiency?? Come on now...

Yup, nutrient deficiency. A brain that is perfectly healthy, bright, balanced, will see no necessity nor purpose on "depending" on anything. Simple as that. Dependency/addiction are weaknesses of an unhealthy brain with funky chemical activity. And all that comes from nutrients. A brain will never be healthy just from breathing air or raining pixie dust.

Yup, nutrient deficiency. A brain that is perfectly healthy, bright, balanced, will see no necessity nor purpose on "depending" on anything. Simple as that. Dependency/addiction are weaknesses of an unhealthy brain with funky chemical activity. And all that comes from nutrients. A brain will never be healthy just from breathing air or raining pixie dust.

You have no idea what your talking about lol.

So the causal mechanism is solely nutrients?? I wish it was - then we would have a pretty cheap-fix for most of the behavioral ills that plague us.

But seriously - I guess we should ignore much of the recent evidence that shows many genetic associations with certain addictions including nicotine addiction. It's unfair to simply such a complex issue

Use Tabex, from Europe, it works. Buy 2 boxes that way you stay on the last phase longer, high success rate. I've known several 3 pack a day smokers stop while using this..

Channel the urge to smoke with something productive. Best thing to help kick a habit is to take your mind off of it and focus that energy on something useful.

You have no idea what your talking about lol.

So the causal mechanism is solely nutrients?? I wish it was - then we would have a pretty cheap-fix for most of the behavioral ills that plague us.

But seriously - I guess we should ignore much of the recent evidence that shows many genetic associations with certain addictions including nicotine addiction. It's unfair to simply such a complex issue

You sound extremely ignorant, yet very secure about your majestic claims. Do you know by any chance wtf are you taking about?? Explain those "genetic" associations with certain addictions you are talking about. Explain the science behind.

YES, most of this is related to nutrient deficiency. I am sure you're severely low on nutrients.

You sound extremely ignorant, yet very secure about your majestic claims. Do you know by any chance wtf are you taking about?? Explain those "genetic" associations with certain addictions you are talking about. Explain the science behind.

YES, most of this is related to nutrient deficiency. I am sure you're severely low on nutrients.

Mind sharing some of your research? I find tons on genetics and only a bit on nutrient deficiency - and all of those are in regards to cardiovascular (or other health) issues in addicts as a result of nutrient deficiencies.

Rep for mygearguru

Visit www.mygearguru.com for discounts on all your aas and hgh needs! Use code 4040 for 40% off your order!

I quit chewing after about 7 years. The key for me was getting life insurance..that basically MADE ME stop a few weeks before exam. Also getting brain washed by Dave Ramsey every Day making me realize what a waste of money it adds up to be.

Try those un orthodox methods along with some nicotene.

Simply type in gwas and addiction into google scholar. It's as simple as that. This is a very new area and addictions are most likely polygenic (caused by multiple genes) but this area is very exciting. Obviously genetics aren't the whole picture but I believe it will enhance existing treatments quite a bit.

I'm done contributing because this isn't leading anywhere and I don't want to continue detracting from the OP's post

Last edited:
Mind sharing some of your research? I find tons on genetics and only a bit on nutrient deficiency - and all of those are in regards to cardiovascular (or other health) issues in addicts as a result of nutrient deficiencies.

There's no point lol

Last edited:
Another vote for Chantix from a 25 year smoker (my wife). Other than CrAzY dreams, she had no other issues.

Honestly I don't have enough time to write the whole science behind, nor the time to search right now for links and copy and paste.

However, the key behind the science from a naturopathic perspective, is that there is no such thing as a bad gene. Popular belief is that some diseases are hereditary, therefore they run in the genes, and therefore those are "bad genes" Well, theres no such thing. IF indeed existed a gene that is coded to be "bad", then the whole Darwinian theory of evolution of survival of the fittest would fall apart. Because under the theory of evolution nature does not allow a faulty copy to reproduce and pass those genes. Based on the theory, if a gene was coded to be bad, then there would be every day less and less specimens with that gene, because it would be naturally selected.

In our world, is the opposite. Every day we have more and more, more and more of those specimens with "bad genes", Like if "spontaneously" nature was randomly deciding to throw bad genes in the chain to increase things like parkinsons, alzheimers, autism, addictions, etc.

Why is that? Because again, there is no such thing as a bad gene. Instead, what we have is "MUTATED GENES" Its mutated genes what cause these issues, and all those mutations occur mostly from oxidative damage. Environmental factors like exposure to harmful chemicals, fumes, radio waves, radiation, microwaves, etc. Also from other ways like ingestion of harmful chemicals, drugs, etc. However, the body has its own mechanism of defense. Through key essential nutrients like Selenium plus a determined amount of antioxidants that usually is standardized by naturopathic doctors as 200,000 ORAC points daily, the body is able to combat most of the free radicals in the body. The amount of antioxidants necessary is different depending on the lifestyle of each individual. The sad reality is that THE VAST MAJORITY do not consume the necessary amount of antioxidants to prevent all that inflammation, oxidative damage, and ultimately gene mutation. Once those mutated genes form, they can easily be passed from one generation to another.

As far as I understand is very difficult to reverse the mutation of a gene in one generation, however, most of the symptoms can be managed through nutrients. In the case of the brain, I know for a fact because I cured myself years ago from a severe anxiety disorder. In my case was not a genetic mutation, but caused by lifestyle factors. Of course allopathic doctors wanted to put me on anti panic and anxiety medications, but I refused to live on drugs forever. I rather researched and studied the medicine that is denied to us by the government and realized that most weird brain behaviors are cause mostly by severe cholesterol and fat deficiency. Of course this has to go along with the right amount of essential minerals, vitamins and amino acids. Once I put this on track, I cured myself forever in a matter of a few months. I am positive that somebody with the addiction to smoking can perfectly stop if a healthy environment for the brain is created.

I personally reject and refuse the use of drugs as part of a treatment to a chronic condition, including an addiction. Drugs have their use in very specific and precise situations but certainly NOT in the irresponsible way they are prescribed in our for-profit market.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131