advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guys taking glucophage, does it cause stomach troubles?

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A coworker of mine has been following my progress and is always asking what I'm eating and why , he is 46 yes old border line diabetic and is trying to improve his lifestyle some. Well he read some informinhad on Metfomin and asked what I thought about it and I explained that I use it on my carb days cause I'm real carb sensitive .
I pointed him in the direction to get some and he has been on it for several weeks but complains it causes realy bad gas , he eats 4 meals a day and takes 500mg with the first 2 cause they both have a good bit of carbs

So I was wondering if any of you guys ever experienced this while taking glucophage

i did! i tried it back in like 96-97 and could not tolerate the stomach problems.

I could never tolerate it.It worked well but tore my stomach up bad.Even after discontinuing it would take a few days for side effects to subside.

I tried combinations such as januvia with metformin,extended release version,lower dosages throughout the day etc...

Some are lucky and never have a problem but gastric issues are very common.

i would get stomach discomfort the first 1-2 days when taking it. Then it would go away. I guess im not really that sensitive to it.

i would get stomach discomfort the first 1-2 days when taking it. Then it would go away. I guess im not really that sensitive to it.

yea the first three doses or so after a long lay off give me the worst gas , not realy to an uncomfortable level but more than normal and its GAWD AWFULL smelly (kind of entertaining actualy:p)

Did he get prescribed by the doc?

I am just asking cuz one time I bought some online from a our sponsor and when I started taking them had same gastric issues. And I never had those problems before. So I went online pill id and it came back as acrobose i beleive (Brand name GlucoBay). Instead of being a GDA it is more of a carb blocker that cuases those bad gastric issues.

Did he get prescribed by the doc?

I am just asking cuz one time I bought some online from a our sponsor and when I started taking them had same gastric issues. And I never had those problems before. So I went online pill id and it came back as acrobose i beleive (Brand name GlucoBay). Instead of being a GDA it is more of a carb blocker that cuases those bad gastric issues.

He got his the same place i got mine so its legit , not a sponser here

I'm not trying to hijack the thread by any means, but are most of you guys running the 500mg 2x/day? Or more? It may help with the gas if you slowly taper up the dose.

My buddy takes it with his first meal at 5am , then with his second meal at 9am both of wich have carbs , his next two meals have greens in them very little to no impact carbs so he doesn't take them at all.

When i use it i take it right before my meal , 500mg then followed by 50-75g carbs. aftrer the first couple days the gas wears off and i feel nothing else from it

Just at the end of my 2nd week of it and my stomach has been pretty rough but is getting better and clearing up, gas was ridiculous at first. I could clear a room with the tiniest fart :headbang:

Does Glucopage act like most carb partitioners or is it more preferred?

I don't know how well it partitions the carbs but I do know it does a great job keeping the blood sugar from going up when eating carbs , I'm not nearly as water or hold fat as easly when I take it with carb meals

Cool, thanks for the info bro. I'll pick some up and try it out just to see how it works!

Just 500mg before a heavy carb meal?

My experience

I have used it many times with no problems. I know some people get the shits from it.

I like Metformin.

Do you take it prior to a meal or afterwards. If I am not mistaken, that is what Big A does.

I have also read that Metformin, decreases IGF levels...Not sure how true this might be.

yea the first three doses or so after a long lay off give me the worst gas , not realy to an uncomfortable level but more than normal and its GAWD AWFULL smelly (kind of entertaining actualy:p)

Smells like fish... Bleh! I kno people that can't take that pain either.

I've taken it a few dozen or so times with cheat meals (850mg-1700mg) and initially I got severe stomach upset.

Arcobose

I have used Arcobose in the past and it gave me horrible gas. Metformin does not irritate my stomach.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws