over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guys that have dieted before

bigman

Newbies
I want to try and lean down some more. I think I have hit a wall. I don't measure any food, just eat lots of protein, some fat, and minimal carbs. What ratios (or grams) should I try and shoot for. I am 215-220lbs. Would a high carb day benefit me? I have read BigA's article on contest dieting, but that is much too extreme (great article though). I would never be able to follow that. Plus I don't want (or need) to be that "contest lean". Plain and simple--I just want to look good. Also my poundages aren't where I'd like them to be, but I guess that's something that goes along with semi-dieting?

What are you eating and when are your eating (how often)? How often are you training? Do you have to exert a lot of energy at your job? Are you getting in 400g protein? If you can't give us some more specific information we can't begin to help you.

xcel

just dont go eating everything u can , doesnt matter if its protein , logically , if ure eating more calories than u burn , then simply , NO WEIGHT WILL BE LOST ! so atleast try and have an idea of ur food intake so that ure on the lower side (hypocaloric) .

For protein I eat lean red meat, tuna/fish, eggs (whites), and some chicken breasts. As far as carbs go I eat a bit of rice. As I said kind of fly by the seat of my pants and I'm the type of guy who thrives with structure. I do a lot of walking/on my feet at work. No exertion though, just button pushing (work at an internationally known tire manufacturer). I work 7 out of 14 days, flipping from nights to days to nights to days etc. That's probably the biggest strike against me. For example work Mon and Tues nights, then get straightened around to work Fri, Sat, and Sun days. Then back to nights on Wed and Thrus. I have a really good book that lists the pro,carb, fat,and cal of foods. I just need some guidelines to follow so I can set my own plan up. That way I will know how to do it in the future. Thanks for the help so far guys.

A good starting point may be 400g protein divided into at least 6 meals. Make sure one of those is your post-workout drink with some fruit and simple carbs. I try and eat the majority of my carb within an hour after I workout - typically oatmeal and unsweetened applesauce.

A good starting point is the 3500 to 4000 calorie range. Make sure you monitor your progress by weighing (same time of day - I do it right upon waking) and measurements. I like to measure around my waist, right over the bellybutton, so you're measuring the same place @ time. I try and keep the same tension on the tape.

If your starting to get bigger there, back off 200-300 calories and just keep monitoring your progress.

xcel

Thanks excelbeyond! That's some great info I will put to good use.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131