advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guys who have decided to not return to the gym....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
From some of the posts in the other threads it appears that a lot of guys have decided after the lockdowns that they’re just not going back to the gym. They’re going to just stick with the body weight and cardio type stuff.

I’m just curious to learn more about this, why did you make this decision? What specifically happened with your body or training that sealed it for you. Also what about your legs haha?!

Just curious....kinda like the idea if it’s realistic to still be muscular without actually lifting weights. Might save your body, lead to a healthier life and detract from boredom....

Safety was my only concern. I actually went back today, and it was great to not do body weight and dumbbell exercises only. I lacked the motivation doing that and had to go back.

In the next year or maybe 2 I will be doing what I always wanted to do and get a full range of gym equipment at my house. Until then more power to those who already have it and to those who want to stay safe at home.

I’m not necessarily talking about safety, a lot of guys spoke to looking and feeling better with the park workouts they have been getting in since the lockdowns...

I think guys who say 'lol I'm never going to gym again!!!“ are excited they found an exercise routine that's a change of pace and does challenge them a bit. I'll bet a goodly amount of money that they'll be breaking down the doors any second.

I won't lie, though... I wasn't as excited to get back as I thought. But if you think guys on gear who are serious hobby bodybuilders are going to just give up training with proper weights, boy, do I have a deal for you!

I’m not necessarily talking about safety, a lot of guys spoke to looking and feeling better with the park workouts they have been getting in since the lockdowns...
Alright well you are on Professional Muscle here and so are they. No matter what kind of bullshit they put on a post because they are feeling a certain way, you can be sure 99% of them will be back in the gym when they deem safe. It's never a bad idea to incorporate those new workouts you have found in these times if you get something different from them.

I have everything i need now at home

One leg press , leg extension and leg curl and i never go to gym again

But no i couldnt only do bodyweight stuff , thats why i made a serious investment here at home

I enjoy more training at home and finally i can do my favorite 1 min rest between sets without waiting some fat hopeless fucker finish posting on social media

I agree, it seems like people have gotten nuts anymore. In 60 years of living in this world, this is the worse I seen in people lately. I have a saying, " I don't want to hate anyone, but it doesn't mean I have to hang around you either." I learn to surround myself with the right people.

Last edited by a moderator:
From some of the posts in the other threads it appears that a lot of guys have decided after the lockdowns that they’re just not going back to the gym. They’re going to just stick with the body weight and cardio type stuff.

I’m just curious to learn more about this, why did you make this decision? What specifically happened with your body or training that sealed it for you. Also what about your legs haha?!

Just curious....kinda like the idea if it’s realistic to still be muscular without actually lifting weights. Might save your body, lead to a healthier life and detract from boredom....
Took me about 3-4 weeks to adjust to extreme BW workouts in park. All variations of chins, pulls, push ups, leg lifts, ISO holds at the end of each set. I gained a diff type of real strengh IMO. I feel healthier, better condition, no injuries. These park, bar sessions are brutal if done correctly. I do between 30-40 sets total, back / bi chest / tri / shoulders legs split abs every session. The walk back and fourth is about 1 3/4 mile and the fast pace ( very little rest between sets ) has been magic for the cardio. Im in my early 50s best shape of my life. I been at gyms since im 15-16, then mil, and if the gyms were just gonna be SOP like before, then id go back but fk wearing a mask, temp checks, social distance bs. Im not interested in being a fkn sheep and paying for it. The bar sessions are brutal.. I added a plate carrier and 2 sapi plates for added weight... As far as legs, run 400-600 BW squats. Youll feel it.. Now, im not saying your gonna get huge, size etc, it might be possible with the right cycle, diet, but im happy being 200lbs 8-9% BF but feeling lean, fast, strong. JMO

Took me about 3-4 weeks to adjust to extreme BW workouts in park. All variations of chins, pulls, push ups, leg lifts, ISO holds at the end of each set. I gained a diff type of real strengh IMO. I feel healthier, better condition, no injuries. These park, bar sessions are brutal if done correctly. I do between 30-40 sets total, back / bi chest / tri / shoulders legs split abs every session. The walk back and fourth is about 1 3/4 mile and the fast pace ( very little rest between sets ) has been magic for the cardio. Im in my early 50s best shape of my life. I been at gyms since im 15-16, then mil, and if the gyms were just gonna be SOP like before, then id go back but fk wearing a mask, temp checks, social distance bs. Im not interested in being a fkn sheep and paying for it. The bar sessions are brutal.. I added a plate carrier and 2 sapi plates for added weight... As far as legs, run 400-600 BW squats. Youll feel it.. Now, im not saying your gonna get huge, size etc, it might be possible with the right cycle, diet, but im happy being 200lbs 8-9% BF but feeling lean, fast, strong. JMO
when you compare the guys in the parks to real natural competitive bodybuilders they look very similar for only doing high rep bodyweight movements

when you compare the guys in the parks to real natural competitive bodybuilders they look very similar for only doing high rep bodyweight movements
True, but from what ive seen many are vegans. Hard to stay jacked that way.
We live in crazy times brother and we just gotta be able to adjust on the fly and pivot to diff sets of goals. I honestly look and feel way better.

sick with covid all february, no gym from march to last week. bodyweight stuff and 55 pound rock overhead presses was all i did all that time. i went back last thursday and...promptly repped the entire stack on every machine, 260 pound pulldowns SLOW and still did 10 reps. everything was slow and controlled. so how is it my strength was barely down after 4 months off and only bw stuff for the last 9 weeks?
i guess maybe a 10 percent drop in strength. maybe 15 percent depending on the exercise.
never wouda guessed it, but light weight failure sets WILL keep u strong.

I was never one of those guys, who wants to be small and lean and look normal (no offense to those who are good w it but most of us here hang around for a reason)? I got to go back Monday (45 min time limit/reservations/mask/etc). Take what I can get at this point.

Significant strength loss but I'll get it back. Dropped all supps, very very low test (10mg eod), thousands of sit ups, push ups and pull ups didnt do much for me. All but my back lost significant size. I did focus on getting healthy‐ bad right knee, L2-L3 is fucked but I can still squat and but have had constant sciatica for roughly 18 months. I squatted today for the first time since Mid-March... fucking knee pain came back instantly and left lower side is numb. Good to see the time off did some good 😑 God damn if this isn't the most frustrating 'hobby' in the world, especially as the time under the bar equates to decades. Oh well, its damn good to move some wgt around again. Starting w a modified DC 2 way but its heavily modified to get it all done w/in the time constraints. Thankful for my gym owner as he was one of the first to act. My spirit was instantly uplifted after being in a pretty dark place for the past few months. Moving to the east coast in a couple months and searching out a home w a large basement or garage. Not letting these fuckers pull the rug out from underneath me again. So many of us just need this shit. The iron has always been my psychiatrist. I hope all those still waiting, get to go back soon!

For me it’s more of a convenient thing, working rotating 12 hr shifts and not having to lose time driving anywhere is a big plus. I’ll piece together a good home gym once people return to guns and sell all the stuff they bought in a panic.

I like weight training.

And weight training progressively.

Doesn't matter if it's more weight, more reps, better intensity techniques (drop sets, super sets), less resting time; makes me feel accomplished and happy with myself. It's hard to do with bodyweight stuff, I'd be doing some crazy amounts of volume or reps.

The physique is a bonus from the training, but the training has always come before the physique tbh. I just like doing it, regardless of whether there's mirrors to look at or people to compliment me in daily life.

For me it’s more of a convenient thing, working rotating 12 hr shifts and not having to lose time driving anywhere is a big plus. I’ll piece together a good home gym once people return to guns and sell all the stuff they bought in a panic.
Haha. Never considered it but it's a good point.

The above in bold is the question at hand. Please stay on topic!

Even with my heart failure, I plan on returning to the gym eventually. Im getting by ok with my home gym setup but the gym has so many machines available that allow me to train around injuries I have. At home I am limited. I wont be going back until I have had my vaccine.

The above in bold is the question at hand. Please stay on topic!

Delete the thread bio I got the answer I wanted, sounds like guys ditching the gym was just an in the moment knee jerk reaction for most. I appreciate all the input!

sick with covid all february, no gym from march to last week. bodyweight stuff and 55 pound rock overhead presses was all i did all that time. i went back last thursday and...promptly repped the entire stack on every machine, 260 pound pulldowns SLOW and still did 10 reps. everything was slow and controlled. so how is it my strength was barely down after 4 months off and only bw stuff for the last 9 weeks?
i guess maybe a 10 percent drop in strength. maybe 15 percent depending on the exercise.
never wouda guessed it, but light weight failure sets WILL keep u strong.

Dude honestly i didn't do a single thing for 9 weeks other than jogging a few times a week. I lost ZERO strength. I was kind of blown away because my physique definitely doesn't look the same. I came off all the gear and have only been on trt.

I think a lot of us just have a lot of accumulated fatigue and we dont realize it takes more then simply a week off to release that. The bigger and stronger you are the more fatigue you can accumulate over time.

First things first, i love lifting weights. I couldnt imagine doing body weight stuff. I simply dont want to do that stuff. Now that i have my home gym ill only bern going back to the gym once a week. Once i have a lat pulldown machine and low row ill be doing going for good. I like my home gym because I have a lot of specialized stuff that commercial gyms don't have.

Also a lot of commercial gym equipment really isnt designed that well. They use a lot of really bizarre shapes and sizes for things and ergonomics that aren't really conducive to lifting at your highest level.

For example a lot if commercial gym equipment companies make adjustable benches that costs thousands of dollars, however the shares of the pads are poorly designed, the height and width, even the type of vinyl and padding used.. A lot of these things arent considered. They basically just design them to be super sturdy and long lasting.

Look at companies like EliteFts and Rogue. Yah they might be expensive but they know how to design shit. Ever use a dedicated power bar, squat bar, or deadlift bar? Night and day difference between 99% of the crap in even the best commercial gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner