over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym “Uniforms”

If you like Invicta, check out Orient. Made extremely well for the price

Rolex collectors respect the craftsmanship, if that gives you any idea

Wow, those Orients are incredibly reasonably priced, especially for automatic watches!

Thank for the head's up USmuscle Also, if Hawkmoon gives them his stamp of approval, I'm going to consider getting one..

Wow, those Orients are incredibly reasonably priced, especially for automatic watches!

Thank for the head's up USmuscle Also, if Hawkmoon gives them his stamp of approval, I'm going to consider getting one..

Do it, I'm sure they are all great. I may pick up another myself. I guarantee you'll feel like you're wearing a MUCH more expensive watch. They also pop from a distance, like any well made watch would

Do it, I'm sure they are all great. I may pick up another myself. I guarantee you'll feel like you're wearing a MUCH more expensive watch. They also pop from a distance, like any well made watch would

I'd strongly recommend the Orient Kamasu. It's the best deal out there right now. You can get them for under $200, which is amazing for a fully inhouse manufactured watch with a sapphire crystal.
Inhouse is when the brand makes everything themselves. Very few brands do this - Rolex didn't until they bought their movement maker in 2004. Seiko is king here, but Orient is a part of Seiko-Epson now anyway ;)

I put on my green Kamasu for you today. It's hard to catch the color indoors.
I like to wear it on leather or a nato strap.

Screenshot 2021-04-07 083705.png

Holy fuckaroni, I just looked up Seiko Prospex, I had no idea. I'm a Seiko guy, my grandfather was an engineer for them.

Absolutely gorgeous! I don't want it, I NEED IT View attachment 129592

The Samurai series is a great watch.
These newer ones with wave, shark fin, and manta patterns on the dial support the "Save the Oceans" fund, run by Fabien Cousteau (Jacques' grandson).

The Turtle is the key iconic watch, which is also in the same series. I'd recommend the newer ones with sapphire and ceramic. I'll probably add the Dark Manta Turtle to my collection soon:

A fun one for bodybuilders might be the "Arnie" re-issue". This is an update of the watch Arnold wore in Commando and Predator.

I'd strongly recommend the Orient Kamasu. It's the best deal out there right now. You can get them for under $200, which is amazing for a fully inhouse manufactured watch with a sapphire crystal.
Inhouse is when the brand makes everything themselves. Very few brands do this - Rolex didn't until they bought their movement maker in 2004. Seiko is king here, but Orient is a part of Seiko-Epson now anyway ;)

I put on my green Kamasu for you today. It's hard to catch the color indoors.
I like to wear it on leather or a nato strap.

View attachment 129637
Hawk, it's funny as hell you bring up the Kamasu, as after checking out USMuscle's Link to the Orient site, that was the one I zeroed in on. I'm a huge fan of the dive watches due to their rotating bezel. For my job, I frequently need to time things, so it's perfect. I currently have a 15 year old Luminox, which has been great, but it's starting to shit the bed, so I'm in the market for a new watch...

I'm a complete watch newbie, but have only had quartz watches in the past. How are the automatic watches (like your Kamasu you posted above) as far as durability and maintenance? Do they need to be frequently serviced? I'd be wearing it as an everyday watch, as I'm not a collector (yet, lol), so it would really never go more than a night's sleep duration without being worn.

Hawk, it's funny as hell you bring up the Kamasu, as after checking out USMuscle's Link to the Orient site, that was the one I zeroed in on. I'm a huge fan of the dive watches due to their rotating bezel. For my job, I frequently need to time things, so it's perfect. I currently have a 15 year old Luminox, which has been great, but it's starting to shit the bed, so I'm in the market for a new watch...

I'm a complete watch newbie, but have only had quartz watches in the past. How are the automatic watches (like your Kamasu you posted above) as far as durability and maintenance? Do they need to be frequently serviced? I'd be wearing it as an everyday watch, as I'm not a collector (yet, lol), so it would really never go more than a night's sleep duration without being worn.

Very classy with that leather band, as well

Now I just have to be as classy as the guy wearing it (won't happen)

Durability has been great, but consider that I have a different watch on everyday. My full collection would take about 1/2 year to get through.
My first Seiko, my SKX007 is 11 years old and works immediately every time I pick it up.

That said, I would not worry about servicing an Orient or a Seiko. There are many stories of Seikos running for decades without service.
If it starts losing time get it looked at - otherwise don't worry. Japanese watches are workhorses.

More expensive watches need more care as an ignored maintenance issue could cost much more in the long run.
My JLC will cost a good deal to service, but when you consider what went into making it it's not a real issue.

Fortunately. I have yet to service any of my watches.
If anything seems off, I put it on my timegrapher to check it out.

When I was selling cars I had a ratty, nearly homeless looking customer that my boss told me not to waste my time with. He bought a Denali in cash.
He was the software engineer for Lockheed that developed the genetic algorithms for missiles or missile defense systems a decade before they were implemented. Soft spoken and brilliant. Also extremely well paid.
You never know who a person is if youre too prejudiced to get to know them based on how they look.
Reminds me of this verse in the the Bible:
“Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/114/heb.13.1-2.nkjv

One of my Hamiltons just now, I'm outside grilling. 20210407_195407.jpg

One of my Hamiltons just now, I'm outside grilling.

Hamiltons are great. I have two Khaki Mechanicals and a Pan Europ Chrono.

Originally one of the best American watchmakers, founded in the 19th century in PA.
America was a key hotbed of watchmaking in the late 1800s, and the Swiss were worried.
Even IWC started in Massachusetts before moving to Switzerland.

Funny side note, Lewis Hamilton recently tried to sue Hamilton watch over "use of his name"...of course he lost. ;)

Durability has been great, but consider that I have a different watch on everyday. My full collection would take about 1/2 year to get through.
My first Seiko, my SKX007 is 11 years old and works immediately every time I pick it up.

That said, I would not worry about servicing an Orient or a Seiko. There are many stories of Seikos running for decades without service.
If it starts losing time get it looked at - otherwise don't worry. Japanese watches are workhorses.

More expensive watches need more care as an ignored maintenance issue could cost much more in the long run.
My JLC will cost a good deal to service, but when you consider what went into making it it's not a real issue.

Fortunately. I have yet to service any of my watches.
If anything seems off, I put it on my timegrapher to check i

Originally one of the best American watchmakers, founded in the 19th century in PA.
America was a key hotbed of watchmaking in the late 1800s, and the Swiss were worried.

Funny side note, Lewis Hamilton recently tried to sue Hamilton watch over "use of his name"...of course he lost. ;)

That's crazy about Lewis Hamilton trying to sue Hamilton, didn't know that!

Man, I could listen to Hawk and you guys talk about watches all day long!

guy at my gym wears an “I’m natty” shirt about 3 times a week. Must be doing furious laundry to keep that thing clean.
Seriously though i rotate the same clothes over and over cause I’m frugal and hate having to much stuff. We are there to lift after all!

The regular Seiko automatics are a great value. This one is nice looking and only $180. It doesnt have a Sapphire crystal, but still nice.

Serious question: you guys that buy really expensive watches. Do you actually wear them day to day? I think I’d be too scared to have something that’s worth that much money on my wrist

Serious question: you guys that buy really expensive watches. Do you actually wear them day to day? I think I’d be too scared to have something that’s worth that much money on my wrist
I know what you mean. Originally I thought it was nuts to wear something worth more than 5-10k+ on my wrist.

You get used to it quickly....not sure it that is good or bad. Now, I'd still be nervous as hell wearing one of my friend's vintage Daytonas.

I actually worry more about my pieces that aren't easily replaceable.

I know what you mean. Originally I thought it was nuts to wear something worth more than 5-10k+ on my wrist.

You get used to it quickly....not sure it that is good or bad. Now, I'd still be nervous as hell wearing one of my friend's vintage Daytonas.

I actually worry more about my pieces that aren't easily replaceable.
I'd say most guys probably don't test how water proof they are by swimming in them, but other than that the guys I know wear their $10,000 plus watches every day.

How do you you guys know if its the real deal,regardless of brand?
Where's the best place to purchase knowing I'm purchasing the authentic watch,not some knockoff?
Also for watch people, what is the most coveted watch to try get, I guess the holy grail of watches?

MS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity