over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym closed

Ring9841

Registered
I guess this is more of a rant than anything. But been going to the same gym for the last 12 years, went to other gyms with friends during this time but this has been my main gym. Anyway it was part of a chain but was the only one in my town that wasn’t over crowded the equipment was a little older but not a lot of people went there and the ones who did were serious. Anyway since it closed switched over to another gym from the same chain and the atmosphere is completely different it’s over crowded have to wait for machine mostly dumbass high school kids in groups of 4 standing around taking 3 minutes each between sets.

Anyway just can’t believe how a change in atmospher can completely take away your motivation to workout. It’s almost a hassle to go in and try to work around the idiots with no gym etiquette.. then when your in the middle of a good workout you can’t do what exercise you want you have to settle for what’s open

Anyway there’s my rant there’s one other gym in town I need to check out that’s more of a serious lifter gym but it’s all the way across town...just hate how all the new gyms are trying to model after planet fitness and only appeal to that kind of crowd. Anyone ever dealt with this?

Yep. Had to shift my training to mid morning. Better vibe, less of a meat market though there are some amazing looking female members at that time working out. It's the person on a machine/piece of equipment for 15 minutes and constantly on their phone that elevates my BP:mad:

Under such conditions I try to make it a chance to try new equipment or workouts and make changes. Plus new idiots give some new laughs as opposed to just laughing at the same old ones.

I face the same problem, I learned to workout around them. forced me to do movements I neglected. You just have to.. or go at the less busy times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it’s just a shit show in there been trying to wake up early and go before work when noones there’s but I just can’t get myself into that routine

Had a similar problem at a Previous Gym.
I just switched my Workout Time, to avoid the Idiots and Assholes.

Don't have this problem at my New Gym, it's really big, so even when there's a lot of people, you can find some Open Equipment................... JP

i left a gym to go to a planet fitness...
the culture, the atmosphere, is totally different. there it's lame, most people are on cardio or they're seniors or kids.
no camaraderie, no we're-in-this-together type of feeling, if u know what i mean no one to motivate me!
plus i knew so many people at titans, lots of guys and gals who do shows, it was a better mentality for lifting.
that drive tho. road rage every day.

Wear a tshirt that says "shut the fuck up and lift!", wear headphones, and don't talk to anyone, but talk to yourself out loud. People usually leave a wide ring around me if I'm in that mode.

I belong to 3 different gyms and use them based on time of day and where I'm at in town. I enjoy them all but will be downsizing to just 2 of them when a membership expires .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m right there with ya.

The social media age has made every fucking clown in the gym either a physique competitor or a power lifter. It’s cringe man. Knee sleeeved and belt and romaleos everywhere. Just kills my vibe. These people aren’t here to lift legit. They want to take pictures for the gram and shit.

I like gyms where’s its people lifting for the love of it. People actually trying to lose weight. Now it’s just girls in lulu lemon lifting 8lbs for an ass pump everywhere.

Been having to go at 4am just to train when it’s empty. Everyone there at that time is construction tradies getting it in before work and just dedicated people. NO weekend warriors.

This is the exact reason I workout in my garage or at our “private” gym on post.
Fuck that noise lol. Y’all have more patience than me. That’s for damned sure.

Long ago when I was 19, my gym was very hardcore and almost all bodybuilders. I saw a kid (not me) walk in front of a big guy doing DB presses in the mirror, he threw the dumbell at the kid almost killed him. I also saw a kid chatting on a machine for 10 minutes with his friend, the guy threw him off the machine and made him leave the gym. Can't do that stuff anymore with all the cameras and cell phones but I know we all have those thoughts.
My last gym, I actually saw a guy facetiming himself doing a set of leg extensions, I almost lost my shit laughing so hard.
I now go to a Powerhouse gym, lots of big guys but also lots of picture takers and texting on machines. And whats with everyone now days doing giant sets, running around the gym from one machine to the next, leaving an article on each machine to hold it? Absolutely no gym manners.

but talk to yourself out loud. People usually leave a wide ring around me if I'm in that mode.

Haha that’s fucking hilarious!

Anyway went in today at 11 am Bcuz I was off work today thinking it wouldn’t be too bad. And it was still a shit show had some dumbshit that felt the need to pull of his shirt to bench press 225 for 2 reps! Like wtf your a fucking douche bag! Just can’t believe how many fucktards there are!

Long ago when I was 19, my gym was very hardcore and almost all bodybuilders. I saw a kid (not me) walk in front of a big guy doing DB presses in the mirror, he threw the dumbell at the kid almost killed him. I also saw a kid chatting on a machine for 10 minutes with his friend, the guy threw him off the machine and made him leave the gym. Can't do that stuff anymore with all the cameras and cell phones but I know we all have those thoughts.
My last gym, I actually saw a guy facetiming himself doing a set of leg extensions, I almost lost my shit laughing so hard.
I now go to a Powerhouse gym, lots of big guys but also lots of picture takers and texting on machines. And whats with everyone now days doing giant sets, running around the gym from one machine to the next, leaving an article on each machine to hold it? Absolutely no gym manners.

Yea throwing dumbbells might be frowned upon now days. Funny you say that about DB shoulder press last week I’m inthere I get the 105lb DB to shoulder press and some dumbass drops down and starts doing push-ups 2 feet away from me as I sit down to start my set. I don’t know how anyone could think that’s a fucking smart idea

Under such conditions I try to make it a chance to try new equipment or workouts and make changes. Plus new idiots give some new laughs as opposed to just laughing at the same old ones.

Yes indeed. May be time to change your routine and your schedule to find less busy times. If you have the space, well equipped home gyms are the best.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131