over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym clothes smell like wet dog

If your washer has "extra-rinse" option, use that. Seems to help quite a bit. Also, make sure you get them from the washer to the dryer ASAP.

If your washer has "extra-rinse" option, use that. Seems to help quite a bit. Also, make sure you get them from the washer to the dryer ASAP.

I think the old style washing machine worked way better then these efficiency ones do.

I think the old style washing machine worked way better then these efficiency ones do.

The new efficiency ones tend to trap a lot of detergent into your clothing.. I ended up getting two nasty rashes on my quads because of the trapped detergent. Once I switched to "Extra-rinse"... the problem went away.

The new efficiency ones tend to trap a lot of detergent into your clothing.. I ended up getting two nasty rashes on my quads because of the trapped detergent. Once I switched to "Extra-rinse"... the problem went away.

Yeah that's bc there about 4 oz of water used to rinse

I've used the TSP. If you google it, there's a homemade recipe for laundry detergent.

It saved a lot of my old gym shirts. Takes a number of washes, but it works.

Buy the oxi powder and add a scoop in sling with normal detergent

Actually old school trick is to soak them in some vinegar then wash them.
Also borax the old school detergent works real well on that kind of stinking, they both break down the ammonia thats in the clothes.

OP, I had a similar issue and I can tell you that both of these suggestions definitely helped for me. Another thing that has helped is washing my gym clothes more frequently. In other words, don't let your gym clothes sit in the hamper for a week and then wash them. Also, I use a little extra detergent and then do an extra rinse cycle.

Anyone else have this problem? All my gym clothes smell like a wet dog even after washing and drying. They smell alright coming out of dryer but then I work out and start sweating and the clothes start smelling again. Anyone have a fix for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought I was the only one with this problem. Had wife try different detergents ,thinking that was the problem.

Great responses! I'm ready to try all of them. Maybe I should wash my dog and gym clothes separate? Haha jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm. Throw them away and buy new ones? Well thats what I do. Because I know if I can smell myself, others can definitly smell me. And generally, They don't smell after the first workout. So by the time they smell it's about time for new ones anyway.

Ummm. Throw them away and buy new ones? Well thats what I do. Because I know if I can smell myself, others can definitly smell me. And generally, They don't smell after the first workout. So by the time they smell it's about time for new ones anyway.

Sometinmes it's hard to throw away a $70 GASP shirt.:(

The smell you're getting is bacteria in a cyst state (protective state) coming back to life when moisture and nutrients (from your sweat) create great conditions for them to grow again.

Penguin brand sports wash works very well to solve this problem.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000M4IVXM?cache=93704a8e8a1a073cb9fc47235bc771c0&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1408857698&sr=8-3#ref=mp_s_a_1_3"]Penguin Brands Penguin Sport Wash:Amazon:Clothing@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81azwJj1ktL.@@AMEPARAM@@81azwJj1ktL[/ame]

If you can use bleach, that works really well, even makes my jiujitsu gi smell fresh and clean again, but bleach will, of course, ruin a lot of fabrics and colors.

Take 2 chlorophyll twice daily with food n wash ur ass especially in the neck area, stinky mofo, lol, all love trust me.....

Sometinmes it's hard to throw away a $70 GASP shirt.:(

I definitely understand. I have a few myself. But I really don't like when they smell sour. Guess I'd rather that than stink. I was on the treadmill next to a dude that had sour clothes smell on him the other day. I couldn't handle it. I had to move. I don't want to be that guy. For me theres a point at which, ok time to get rid of this.

In order!

Most of these smelly guys and gals can definitely use a colon cleanse.

Take 2 chlorophyll twice daily with food n wash ur ass especially in the neck area, stinky mofo, lol, all love trust me.....

I posted it once, I'll do it again, the quote above takes 3-4 days to kick in n some of the wet ass dog smell will be gone

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131