over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Ego Clashing

simeon

Registered
I know most gyms have at least one guy who when they show up act like they own the place. This guy usually already has his headphones in before he walks in. He walks around the place very fast and grabs his bars and clips from everybody without asking. If you are working the same bodypart as this guy, it is going to be a battle to see who is the strongest and most hardcore. I'm just glad I was doing a light leg workout when this clown showed up to do squats tonight. I'm also glad I didn't have to be subjected to his death stare when I was acrossed the gym doing my wimpy leg extentions and using the pussy thigh abductor.:D

I know you guys have encountered this guy before. I just wanted to get this expressed in public. If you are this guy and you show up when I'm there, I will automaticaly go do some leg extentions no matter what I'm training. Or I might go do the power cardio class. See ya later bro.:)

try this;

really blow smoke up his ass and watch him flex his muscles while he listens to you (he will, watch lol) and say wow you got a big chest, how much you bench? lets see what you can do

put a shitload of weights and lift up for him without him realizing and then add more, and more cheers to stroke his ego

then with alot more weight, dont help the next one hahahhahahah let it come down slowly to his neck hahahhaha

what,,,he is too strong and you couldnt lift the bar thats all, he cant be that mad lol

j/k!

sounds to me......that you get intimidated EASILY!!!!!!

and anyway......what the fuck do you care
what ANYBODY else is doing????who gives a shit!!!

sad

:(

you must be that guy who stares CONSTANTLY!!!
and watches me on EVERY set and EVERY rep
then follow me to the bathroom, to try and get
a "quick peek"......are you him????

Last edited:
Honestly I almost never pay attention to what anyone else in the gym is doing. 90% of the time I'm there I'm too focused on my current or next set to worry about anyone or anything else.

I actually sat down on a bench to rest the other night, not noticing some guy was using it. He just kinda stood there looking at me for awhile, and I couldn't really figure out what he wanted. I looked up at him and said, "what?", and he said "You took my bench."

I laughed and apologized, explaining to him that I just didn't happen to notice he was using it when I sat down. I was exhausted and pretty much dripping with sweat so I think he gave me the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately the only place to sit at crowded hours in my gym is on a piece of equipment, and most of the time almost everything is taken =/

Anyway really what I'm saying is that if you've got time to look around at what everyone else in the gym is doing, you probably aren't working hard enough ;)

sad

lol! totally true. sounds like a schoolboy crush. there's guys that act like that
where i workout, but as soon as i talk to them, they turn out to be cool cats.
perhaps this egoman is just focused on gettin in, getting out. perhaps??

Your post doesn't really make sense. I mean, there are guys with big egos in the gym with inflated senses of self-worth, but they don't normally display the qualities you describe. You say these ego guys come in with their head phones already on and walk around fast? That's the exact opposite of what I would consider an ego lifter to do.

In my mind, the ego lifter always walks around REALLY slow...And often they have their arms like, way out to the side, kind of walking around like an ape? As if they're Markus Ruhl or some mass monster?

The guy you're describing sounds like a guy who is there to work out, get the job done, and get out. I walk into the gym with my head phones on a lot of the time...And I walk around pretty fast too...Because there's no reason to walk around slow. I actually have a destination...So I'd like to get there in a reasonable amount of time. Rofl!

my favorite are the guys at the gym who load the bar up and use shitty form or do 1/2 reps and look at you like your a pussy for using 3/4 the weight they use and actually work the muscle.

I really try not to look at anyone while working out but there is this one guy at my gym that I despise. He is just obnoxious, instead of using the little wheel on the bench he just drags it across the floor and it makes the loudest noise, I can hear it over my headphones and they are usually turned all the way up. He will take up the incline bench, flat bench, smith machine and basically anything he else he can so he can super set his flat bench with 25's on each side, incline with 15's, his 10 pound db on the smith bench for his tricep kickbacks. He doesn't rack his weights and he walks around like he is the biggest baddest motherfucker with his ed hardy shirt. The funny part is he is my boss :eek:

There is a guy in my gym that is only slightly larger than me (I'm extremely average) and he grunts and moans like he is getting farked by a horse when he is hitting the weights. The first time I heard him, I expected to see this really huge guy moving some serious weight. It was disappointing, the guy was doing rows with a 60lb db. I usually don't let things like that bother me but I can hear him through my headphones across the gym. LOL

A couple of days after I first heard him lifting, my wife and I ran into him in the steam room and he's wearing this skimpy leopard bathing suit that's about the size of a jock strap. I thought my wife was gonna lose it.

I try not to get wrapped up in what other people do at the gym or anywhere else for that matter but this guy does get under my skin.

Last edited:
Lol reminds me of a guy I sometimes workout with...he listens to his music with the upmost intent.... (moving his feet to the drums, or flickin invisible guitar strings)...and then the beat DROPS and he goes fuckin APE SHIT....it's amazing how much a good beat can pump you up!

There are always annoying people in the gym. Whether it's how they dress, walk or talk, unless you own your own weights it's part of the package. If I keep focused on what I'm doing, then that's less time I have to be distracted. I'm good with the next MMA champ until he wants to use multiple pieces of equipment in a crowded pit. Other than that, he can run into the bathroom and masterbate to himself in the mirror all he wants.:eek:

sad

LOL! Geez. This was just basicly a joke and an observation of some guys I've seen. Or this was just a lame attempt at some comedic attire. Ethier way I wasn't being serious.

i only notice girls at the gym...too bad there's none where i train...:(

LOL! Geez. This was just basicly a joke and an observation of some guys I've seen. Or this was just a lame attempt at some comedic attire. Ethier way I wasn't being serious.

lol....i know bro

i'm NEVER (completely) serious either....

all good man

:p

About the only thing I notice in the gym is when I'm sitting there and someone does a walk by silent but deadly fart.....

If I think I know who it is...payback is a bitch

Seems to be quite a few threads like this in the last few months. If you really care that much what other people are doing/thinking in the gym while you are there, you should probably pick a new activity. Maybe stand on the sidewalk and stare at people as they walk by. Go to the gym for yourself. Train hard, stay focused, and work on your own progression inside and outside the gym. Who cares what anyone else is doing? This thread is stupid.

i only notice girls at the gym...too bad there's none where i train...:(

I'm with this guy, except my gym is actually loaded with very hot women. It should be ilegal for them to dress the way they do to workout especially when I'm on. Next thing you know I got a rape case on me through no fault of my own :eek:

I I'm just glad I was doing a light leg workout when this clown showed up to do squats tonight. I'm also glad I didn't have to be subjected to his death stare when I was acrossed the gym doing my wimpy leg extentions and using the pussy thigh abductor.:D QUOTE]

That was you wearing the spandex?? I'll make sure to leav emy sweat all over the leg ext machine next time

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131