over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym etiquette question

Guy at my gym did this to my girlfriend when I'm not around.
Tell management he is harassing her.

I think my ankle monitor keeps people away, thank god. cuz no one ever ccomes up to me and im one of the biggest guys inn my gym. (la fitness:rolleyes:)

that really irks me when guys try to talk to my gf in front of me. It's disrespectful to me. I don't go around talking to other guy's girls unless I am really good friends with them. My gf doesn't usually respond or gives one word answers and disengages from the conversation. Its really up to her to not be friendly.

Btw, would it bother you if it were hot chicks coming up talking to your gf or is it just because they are dudes?

I feel the same way. If I see a girl and she is with another guy no matter where it is I immediately dismiss her. Call me old fashioned or chauvinistic but a guys girl is his pussy and for another man to come up and engage conversation all the while knowing she is with another man is disrespect. We are all men here and we know whats in his mind when hes talking and looking at a another mans woman.

Talking is one thing. Flirting or passive aggressively hitting on her is another. You need to be bigger and get more tattoos. Seriously. Ive never ever had this happen to me. General gym talk to my girl, sure. That kinda shit? Never. Tell him you will choke him with your headphone cord till his legs stop twitching.

Obviously he wants to bang your girl. Your girl needs to have enough respect for YOU to tell him to go fuck himself. If you find that your girlfriend just cant keep herself from talking to him then maybe its time to look for a new chick. :rolleyes:

So my question is, if you lift with your g/f or wife and a guy keeps bothering her and she starts to get annoyed by it and annoyed he's during it right before or even during a set, but she's too polite to be a dick, how do you handle it, or how should she handle it?

Man, you're handling it pretty well. But she needs to do her best to back him off too. You two are a couple, a unified front. She can say, "Nice to see ya, gotta get done" and walk away.

If he talks during her set or to yours, just laugh and say, "Dude, we're in the middle of OUR workout here. You mind?" Remember to laugh, like he's absurd...because he is.

People may have a rebuttal to aggression, but not being laughed at. Laughter just shames them into feeling like an asshole.

If he's not shamed, then he's mental. Then you're open to just saying, "Dude, go away".

I dont have that problem my wife such a BITCH I don't even want to talk to her lol.

How do you handle people trying to talk to you? Myself, I usually just give a head nod, and a quick "what's up?" and keep it moving. My girlfriend, who I work out with, she is more polite than I am.

About 2 weeks ago, we just got to the gym, I loaded the bar for her to do rows, and this guy starts talking to her that was giving her unwanted "tips" before, so he started talking about a movie we had just seen and she loved it, so I was trying not to be rude, but after a few minutes I said "we should prolly get started so we can get done as others want to use this area too" so we do our workout blah blah blah.

Other day, we're 4 sets into our benches, I stripped my weight off, she's about to do her set and right before she lifts the weight off the rack, dude starts asking about the new Hobbit movie, if she saw it yet, how she liked it, how it was, and said how he hasn't seen it yet. So I said, "dude, we're doing our sets, she needs to do hers, then I need to reload the bar, we're trying to get done so we can get out of here and get some food" He walks away... no biggie

After the workout and we're walking to my truck, she said that when I went into the locker room, he went to her said I was rude and she just told him I don't like people interrupting me during a workout, so I said "Good, maybe he'll stop bothering us during our workouts then."

There's also been a few times that she's gone to the locker room and on the way back to the weights, he has stopped her and tried talking but she told him she needs to get back to me because we're in the middle of an exercise.

So my question is, if you lift with your g/f or wife and a guy keeps bothering her and she starts to get annoyed by it and annoyed he's during it right before or even during a set, but she's too polite to be a dick, how do you handle it, or how should she handle it?

Just got sweaty mad reading this. Guy is a Fuck tard. Especially with u there. Really. Talking about movies Fuck stick... We r here to workout. People talk to my girl too she says. People r fucking oblivious. I'm like u.. head nod and "hey". Work to.do... Which is why we progress... One thing if your lady chats quickly with another girl. But a dude... Random?? I'm too mad to say it all. Lol. Ur not. A dick. Guys are. He's disrespecting u. ANC should expect nothing less than a shot in the face. Or maybe.... Why buddy. U wanna ask my girlfriend out to the movies?? Please Fuck off for your own good

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk

My wifes currently pregnant and the doc has her out of the gym.... but when she wasnt we go to the gym together but she does diffrent types of workouts than me. Shes faced paced circuit training and im mostly dc style.

anywho guys are always trying to scheme on her despite the ring on her finger. She takes shit from noone though lol and a polite "leave me alone" ussually works or she will just act like she didnt see or hear them bc of her headphones.

Its funny to me though if you sit back and watch how many guys are at the gym just to try and pick up ass.

OP i feel ya it frustrating but i guess its how things are.

When i was young i use to get upset when guys hit on my girl now i find it hilarious watching my wife reject guys despite their efforts.

Obviously he wants to bang your girl. Your girl needs to have enough respect for YOU to tell him to go fuck himself. If you find that your girlfriend just cant keep herself from talking to him then maybe its time to look for a new chick. :rolleyes:
I rarely agree with you, but this time you are spot on.

OP, I went thru this a few years back. The guy would approach her when I wasn't around. I figured my girl could take care of it herself so I let it go on. I kept getting worse and when I finally decided to approach him, it was nasty and I almost got banned from the gym because of it. Take it from me, deal with it now! Women are not like us. They do not see it as unwanted advance, they are just being polite. Sounds like you have a nice girl who is just being friendly. I promise you, the guy has bad intentions, and it's up to you to put a stop to it. He must see you as a chump. Please don't take that wrong. My girl says that no one looks at her or speaks when I'm around for fear of me getting pissed. I call that respect. The guy that was harassing her, had no respect for me and because I let it go on, things got real bad. It's a tuff situation.

Last edited:
I rarely agree with you, but this time you are spot on.

OP, I went thru this a few years back. The guy would approach her when I wasn't around. I figured my girl could take care of it herself so I let it go on. I kept getting worse and when I finally decided to approach him, it was nasty and I almost got banned from the gym because of it. Take it from me, deal with it now! Women are not like us. They do not see it as unwanted advance, they are just being polite. Sounds like you have a nice girl who is just being friendly. I promise you, the guy has bad intentions, and it's up to you to put a stop to it. He must see you as a chump. Please don't take that wrong. My girl says that no one looks at her or speaks when I'm around for fear of me getting pissed. I call that respect. The guy that was harassing her, had no respect for me and because I let it go on, things got real bad. It's a tuff situation.

Well said bro

How do you handle people trying to talk to you? Myself, I usually just give a head nod, and a quick "what's up?" and keep it moving. My girlfriend, who I work out with, she is more polite than I am.

About 2 weeks ago, we just got to the gym, I loaded the bar for her to do rows, and this guy starts talking to her that was giving her unwanted "tips" before, so he started talking about a movie we had just seen and she loved it, so I was trying not to be rude, but after a few minutes I said "we should prolly get started so we can get done as others want to use this area too" so we do our workout blah blah blah.

Other day, we're 4 sets into our benches, I stripped my weight off, she's about to do her set and right before she lifts the weight off the rack, dude starts asking about the new Hobbit movie, if she saw it yet, how she liked it, how it was, and said how he hasn't seen it yet. So I said, "dude, we're doing our sets, she needs to do hers, then I need to reload the bar, we're trying to get done so we can get out of here and get some food" He walks away... no biggie

After the workout and we're walking to my truck, she said that when I went into the locker room, he went to her said I was rude and she just told him I don't like people interrupting me during a workout, so I said "Good, maybe he'll stop bothering us during our workouts then."

There's also been a few times that she's gone to the locker room and on the way back to the weights, he has stopped her and tried talking but she told him she needs to get back to me because we're in the middle of an exercise.

I would have to call him on it and confront him..Dudes got nerve trying to spit game at your girl right in front of you. I find it disrespectful as hell bro.

I feel the same way. If I see a girl and she is with another guy no matter where it is I immediately dismiss her. Call me old fashioned or chauvinistic but a guys girl is his pussy and for another man to come up and engage conversation all the while knowing she is with another man is disrespect. We are all men here and we know whats in his mind when hes talking and looking at a another mans woman.

Exactly man!! I agree totally!!

I know everyone is different and we all handle things differently but the guy has been given the hint to back off and he's persisting to push it. If you really think about gym etiquette he is the one being rude by interrupting the both of you during your workouts over and over. He obviously has a thing for your girl and me personally I just don't deal well with these kind of situations and I have a habit of just being blunt and putting a stop to it even though I usually end up offending someone, but it gets the job done, period

Nothing surprises me in the gym anymore. have her put a pair of tube socks in her pants..

front or back shouldn't make a difference.

Holy shit !

Nothing surprises me in the gym anymore. have her put a pair of tube socks in her pants..

front or back shouldn't make a difference.

LMAO !

Chris Rock said it best, "To a man, a platonic friend is someone you ain't fucked yet!" Lol. Seriously though, people using gyms for social playgrounds is murderous for people who want better physiques. The gym is already plagued with part timers and hipster motherfuckers taking up space.

Just have your girl be cold and completely non-friendly to this idiot. Unless he's mentally challenged, he should get the hint eventually. Or buy some headphones for her.

I dont think she needs to be rude unless he doesnt get it. She needs to come right out and let him know his converstations toward her specifically are making her uncomfortable and he needs to stop. If he doesnt then there is cause for rudeness. After that, then you step in and take over. She should definitely be the one to say 'go away, I'm not interested'.

He would be lucky if I gave him one chance before knocking his head off!
Some people, well most need a good ass kickin to get set strait.
Law or no law should protect them from being a doushe bag.

I have experienced this type of situation and explained to my girl this way. I will leave it up to you to fuck them off quickly. If you don't then I will get involved and bust some heads. So if you don't like me fighting and getting us banned you deal with the knob heads quickly.
It worked as anytime she gets hit on she sorts it quickly, tells the politely first and if they don't get the hint she will tell them straight to fuck off! Kinda works lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner