over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Etiquette

Yeah, its a good law too. You cant get sued if the person you try to help gets hurt either as long as you were doing what a normal person would do to help. SOme people get scared to do CPR on someone because they are afraid of being sued, no gonna happen. I think the only time you might have any worry is when you are certified in something like CPR, but even then as long as you arent proven negligant youre ok.

Wow, you keyboard warriors are getting old. Why don't you go back to getbig and play with the other teenagers.

This will be the last I post on this as I've seen how these things go. But you straight up called me a pussy when I merely stated that your GYM had some pussies for allowing such things to take place.

You've honestly got to be the worst keyboard warrior on this site. You attack anyone that disagrees with you. As for being a teenager, I'm far from it and am very accomplished. Good day sir.

I guess I'm on the other side of the fence. When I see someone get trapped, I let them do what they need to do to get the bar off them. Since I work at the gym, I see these guys trying way too much weight and they need to be taught a lesson. If guys want to lift with their ego, go ahead, but don't expect me to help. Oh, and no one has gotten up and thrown a dumbell at me afterward.

You would'nt feel any guilt at all if the guy was to get seriously injured as a result?

I never said they were in distress or hurt. We do have some pussies out our gym and if you worked out there you would be one of them, because you wouldn't say shit to me either. And another thing. Why do guys go heavy on the flat bench? Why not just use dumbells.. I guess I just believe in safety first and don't understand why you would put your self in danger of injuring yourself by getting trapped under a bar. That being said, of course I would help someone out if there were no one else around. I'm not going to let someone get injured. Trust me, I see so much dumb shit on a daily basis, I just have to ignore most of it and let people make their own mistakes.
You would'nt feel any guilt at all if the guy was to get seriously injured as a result?
C'mon man, you gotta give me more credit then that.

C'mon man, you gotta give me more credit then that.

Yes, I was taken back a bit by your post and it did sound like you might stay back and watch a guy struggle for awhile before you jump in to help and doing something like that could get someone hurt. I know that you would feel guilty if that happened, so I dont understand why you even take the risk by not helping guys out that are in trouble.

It's important to note also that most people who are small who try to lift big are not at all trying to impress people, be it their friends or total strangers. Most guys who are small who try to lift big are simply insecure and bite off more than they can chew. It may be an enormous help to someone in that situation, some 150lb guy who puts on way too much weight and gets trapped, for a more experienced veteran to take that bar off of him and help give him some guidance.

I don't give a fuck if a motherfucker can bench 1 plate or 5 plates. If you're in the gym and you're willing to pay your dues, you have my respect. And for those who have been in the gym for a long time and have the strength and physique to prove it, IMO you have a duty to help guide the less experienced. If a guy is a douche bag and trying to impress someone, so be it. Help him out and let it be that. If it's some skin and bones who is simply too self-conscious to only put what he can handle on the bar, then help him out and give him some encouragement.

Iron saved my life from a whore named dope, and I wouldn't trade the marriage she and I have for much of anything besides my flesh and blood wife, who knows better than to get jealous, and my children. Other than that, iron defines who I am as a man and the life I've chosen to live, which I consider to be honorable. If I can share that with someone and assist them in finding the love I've found with lifting, my life is all the more richer.

Another thing to consider is a lot of beginners are afraid to ask others for a spot or help because they are embarassed or too shy, especially to ask a big muscular guy for help.

About the only people who ever asked me for a spot were the girls, but I think that some of them had an ulterior motive.

I'd definitely help him out....dumb question in all honesty....also those who responded with acts of violence if you weren't helped....really? you're gonna go to jail/prison for it? that's about as dumb of a response as is this guys question....lol

Another thing to consider is a lot of beginners are afraid to ask others for a spot or help because they are embarassed or too shy, especially to ask a big muscular guy for help.

About the only people who ever asked me for a spot were the girls, but I think that some of them had an ulterior motive.

well said brother! well said!
id be willing to bet everyone here had someone help them when they did not have to. my mentor was 5'10 240lb and 7%bf. he didnt have a reason in the world to help out a skinny ignorant 19yo kid. yet he guided me through my learning years with no form of payment other than my unending gratitude and respect. i feel its my job to help out the rookies when i can. we all got help along the way :)

I guess I'm on the other side of the fence. When I see someone get trapped, I let them do what they need to do to get the bar off them. Since I work at the gym, I see these guys trying way too much weight and they need to be taught a lesson. If guys want to lift with their ego, go ahead, but don't expect me to help. Oh, and no one has gotten up and thrown a dumbell at me afterward.

I never said they were in distress or hurt. We do have some pussies out our gym and if you worked out there you would be one of them, because you wouldn't say shit to me either. And another thing. Why do guys go heavy on the flat bench? Why not just use dumbells.. I guess I just believe in safety first and don't understand why you would put your self in danger of injuring yourself by getting trapped under a bar. That being said, of course I would help someone out if there were no one else around. I'm not going to let someone get injured. Trust me, I see so much dumb shit on a daily basis, I just have to ignore most of it and let people make their own mistakes.

See you have to put Queefer's posts in context to figure them out. His first post is pretty early in the morning, so he's irritated by how stupid the thread is in the first place. Plus is early AM so he's irritated anyway. When you see a dumb kid lifting too much weight, you can tell he's not going to kill himself if he can't lift it off, might as well teach him a lesson.

No one is going to say shit to him, because he's 300lbs. Even if you are 300lbs also, that is just going to get ugly, plus it would damage equipment at the gym.

Now the second post, he has more food in him, and caffeine also, so he's much calmer, and points out that of course if someone's life is in danger he's going to help them out. I'd like to point out that the REAL "tough guys" in this threads are the ones that actually think they WOULDN'T help out if someone's life was in damage. Sorry, you are not that tough, anyone who isn't a psychopath is going to help someone who is about to die if it can be done without endangering themselves.

More in my book, "Understanding 300lbs Gorillas"

sorry, had to write this :D

Last edited:
I just help em out, ask if they were ok and move about my business.

See you have to put Queefer's posts in context to figure them out. His first post is pretty early in the morning, so he's irritated by how stupid the thread is in the first place. Plus is early AM so he's irritated anyway. When you see a dumb kid lifting too much weight, you can tell he's not going to kill himself if he can't lift it off, might as well teach him a lesson. No one is going to say shit to him, because he's 300lbs. Even if you are 300lbs also, that is just going to get ugly, plus it would damage equipment at the gym. Now the second post, he has more food in him, and caffeine also, so he's much calmer, and points out that of course if someone's life is in danger he's going to help them out. I'd like to point out that the REAL "tough guys" in this threads are the ones that actually think they WOULDN'T help out if someone's life was in damage. Sorry, you are not that tough, anyone who isn't a psychopath is going to help someone who is about to die if it can be done without endangering themselves. More in my book, "Understanding 300lbs Gorillas" sorry, had to write this :D
Finally, someone understands me. We should be together:love: no homo:devil:smi

Yes, I was taken back a bit by your post and it did sound like you might stay back and watch a guy struggle for awhile before you jump in to help and doing something like that could get someone hurt. I know that you would feel guilty if that happened, so I dont understand why you even take the risk by not helping guys out that are in trouble.
Here's what your not taking into account. I owned two gyms for about 8 years, and in that time I used to help people out in everyway possible, from correcting their form to helping them with their diet. Fast forward 7 years and I'm now a trainer at Gold's gym. People are different these days and when you help them out with advice, they don't listen and do it their way, even if it's wrong. When you see this every day, you learn to ignore it and just look the other way.

Help him out of his predicament and try to minimize his embarrasment. That is a perfect opportunity to make a new friend. You just never know how this new connection might have a very positive outcome in your life in the near or distant future.

very good advise spoken like a true adult.you never know who u are truly helping.that person can make a big impact in ur life or you in his/hers

Odd question....I would pull it off him and make sure he was ok. End of story.

Here's what your not taking into account. I owned two gyms for about 8 years, and in that time I used to help people out in everyway possible, from correcting their form to helping them with their diet. Fast forward 7 years and I'm now a trainer at Gold's gym. People are different these days and when you help them out with advice, they don't listen and do it their way, even if it's wrong. When you see this every day, you learn to ignore it and just look the other way.

lol! that makes so much more sense now! i just thought your were a dick(no offense).....but i can imagine when you try to help people every day, all day and yet they insist on doing it their way........it gets kinda old. :D

Last edited:
Finally, someone understands me. We should be together:love: no homo:devil:smi

I'm gonna pretend mrs Q said that last part.

lol! that makes so much more sense now! i just thought your were a dick(no offense).....but i can imagine when you try to help people every day, all day and yet they insist on doing it their way........it gets kinda old. :D

I know I can be a dick sometimes, but the thing is, when you see the same people everyday doing the same shit, sometimes it's best to let them learn.

i was a trainer for about 6months,it was maddening! i definintly understand where your coming from :)

I can understand your point there, and know what you mean. I see it today in the kids I teach at school. Today's generation is different and they have little respect for their elders and others in general.

For you then I guess you trust your instinct in distinguising what is a dangerous situation from what is not, and that you would intervene if you believed someone's wellbeing were in danger.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws