over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

Phil Murphy had a press conference before.. barbers and hair salons can’t open until June 22. He said gyms will be after that, so I’m assuming July.

California governor Gavin Newsome is supposed to announce guidelines for opening gyms this week.. I'm hoping today.. but we will see.. once guidelines are announced, it should only be a couple days for gyms to open in the counties which meet the criteria

To those of you back in the gym: What kind of social distancing measures/precautions are you taking? (if any)

I trained today in a gym after months, wore a mask for the first 20 minutes of training legs, and needed to take it off after that. Tried to stay away from everyone, and wiped down everything twice, but idk if that will do much to 20 people 15 people breathing in a room together.

None. People are spotting each other etc. like normal here. Some machines are taped off but they did a really good job of taping off most of the useless stuff (butt machines, inner/outers, most weight stacks) but all the free weights, hammer strength stuff etc. is good to go. It literally hasn't affected my workouts in any way at all. This is TX though.

Phil Murphy had a press conference before.. barbers and hair salons can’t open until June 22. He said gyms will be after that, so I’m assuming July.

Let’s see how soon after. Hopefully no longer then 2 weeks after

Here is what Murphy said will happen:

• Outdoor dining and indoor retail will reopen on Monday June 15
  • Salons and barber shops will reopen on June 22
  • Gyms and health clubs will reopen "soon after," all at reduced capacity

California governor Gavin Newsome is supposed to announce guidelines for opening gyms this week.. I'm hoping today.. but we will see.. once guidelines are announced, it should only be a couple days for gyms to open in the counties which meet the criteria

All this civil unrest will give him an excuse to push everything back 2 weeks. But not 2 weeks from now. 2 weeks from when the protests conclude. That is the incubation period for CV. If there is a spike after that 2 week period, we will be back on timeout. IMO The protests have def locked down small businesses and gyms even longer.

My local gym in Upstate NY plans on July 1 opening. I'd assume NJ will be the same. I think July 1 will be the date for most remaining places. I really don't think this thing goes past July 4th. Most if not all gyms should be opened by then.

in AZ, gyms opened late last month, with emphasis on cleanliness and keeping capacity at a minimum. neither of which is a problem since so many folks are still staying home. the spots I go to might only be 20% to 30% capacity during peak hours. I mean, it's nice to have my spots to myself, but it is freaking weird.

In TX and a nice gym down the road from my house is open. I left 24 hour fitness and just had my first workout at a gym in months. Very nice facility. Fox Fitness. Much closer to home than Im used to.

However, Fort Worth has an 8 o'clock curfew bc of the rioting so I had to go get it in before then.

Got my first workout last night, together with my wife.
Crowd was thin.

The gym is at normal capacity, but with every other cardio machine blocked.
They handed us a cleaning kit at the desk so we can wipe down things as we see fit.

There are alcohol pumps around the gym, and staff is always cleaning.
We wear masks, by request - no problem and happy to participate.

I posted this pic on my IG. Snap of the mask notice when leaving the locker room.
Amusingly a guy felt the need to comment on my IG that the mask isn't useful... :unsure:

IMG_20200601_220149_607.jpg 20200601_174349.jpg

They only had a bottle of sanitizer when I walked in and nobody wearing a mask, so I didnt. I may be that guy and start wearing it when I go though. I bartend with one on now so Im used to it anyways

Got my first workout last night, together with my wife.
Crowd was thin.

The gym is at normal capacity, but with every other cardio machine blocked.
They handed us a cleaning kit at the desk so we can wipe down things as we see fit.

There are alcohol pumps around the gym, and staff is always cleaning.
We wear masks, by request - no problem and happy to participate.

I posted this pic on my IG. Snap of the mask notice when leaving the locker room.
Amusingly a guy felt the need to comment on my IG that the mask isn't useful... :unsure:

Do you workout or have you ever worked out ;)

To me, wearing a mask during a workout just doesn’t seem like a good idea. Feel like I might pass out.

To me, wearing a mask during a workout just doesn’t seem like a good idea. Feel like I might pass out.

Wear something real thin, just to catch expelled moisture. I have asthma and I'm OK.

I get these polyester balaclavas from Amazon dirt cheap. Cut them in 1/2 as all the material isn't needed.

LVAC in Vegas opened back up Saturday and there was a line wrapped around the building to get in before it opened. Once they hurled us all in it was packed. Corona was forgotten lol..

LVAC in Vegas opened back up Saturday and there was a line wrapped around the building to get in before it opened. Once they hurled us all in it was packed. Corona was forgotten lol..

I am from SoCal but I go to Vegas regularly. I Love LVAC. The specific one I go to is a flasback to the 80's. It's decor is like Miami Vice. Neon lights, mannequins wearing workout garb, and a great vibe. The best part is the AMOUNT of equipment they have. The leg area alone is like nothing I have ever seen in any gym. 4-5 different leg press machines, 4-5 different hamstring curl machines, heck...they even have half a dozen calf machines. Incredible.

Do you workout or have you ever worked out ;)

Off topic I know, sorry :(

M,

On a serious note, you do look fantastic, it would have been great to see you in your 'prime.'

Speaking of prime, I believe you mentioned that you stopped competing early, before your
prime so to speak so my question is, and a serious one; how well do you you have done
had you thrown everything into bodybuilding with total disregard to your health, relationships,
everything, made bodybuilding your entire life's mission.

How far do you think you would have gone? Natural level? Beyond? I know that it is an
impossible question to answer accurately but considering your genetics, hypothetically,
what could have been possible?

Off topic I know, sorry :(

M,

On a serious note, you do look fantastic, it would have been great to see you in your 'prime.'

Speaking of prime, I believe you mentioned that you stopped competing early, before your
prime so to speak so my question is, and a serious one; how well do you you have done
had you thrown everything into bodybuilding with total disregard to your health, relationships,
everything, made bodybuilding your entire life's mission.

How far do you think you would have gone? Natural level? Beyond? I know that it is an
impossible question to answer accurately but considering your genetics, hypothetically,
what could have been possible?

Thanks for the kind words as always.
If I lined up everything right and gave it 100%, I think I could have turned pro, but not achieved significant success one in that elite arena.
I knew people around me who turned pro that I think I could have beaten if I tried, but they also did not go far.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131