over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

in AZ, gyms opened late last month, with emphasis on cleanliness and keeping capacity at a minimum. neither of which is a problem since so many folks are still staying home. the spots I go to might only be 20% to 30% capacity during peak hours. I mean, it's nice to have my spots to myself, but it is freaking weird.

Lifetime in AZ has been moderately busy the past week and today it was packed around noon. They haven't done anything thus far to limit the number the of people(but the facility itself is huge), but definitely a focus on cleanliness.

Went to my 24 this morning at 5am. Was crazy busy even with reservations required. My location is the only one that opened, so far, in a fairly large radius so they are all coming here. ugh. May have drive a ways to my buddies gym where there are not 200 people there at 5a.

My gym is open. Low volume of people, maybe most I have been around was 6 including me. Makes distancing pretty easy. Staff cleans and there are sanitizer wipes handy, but it has always been that way. This is the cleanest gym I have ever been to, always well taken care of, I really appreciate it. Things don’t stay broke for long, you can tell the owner cares and he is onsite quite a bit. It is an anytime fitness, so a chain, but a very good location.
The owner said he is going to lose money this year, they didn’t collect dues for three months and group personal training is gone and one on one is really down. I told him he should increase dues by 50% for six months to help, it is only like 30 a month or something so not a lot of extra money. But he said no, he was afraid people would leave, there is a planet fitness and la fitness nearby. He said he has made good money the last six or seven years and could take a hit.
I would be willing to pay extra for a place that is clean, stuff gets fixed and upgraded and is not super busy all the time!

Lifetime in AZ has been moderately busy the past week and today it was packed around noon. They haven't done anything thus far to limit the number the of people(but the facility itself is huge), but definitely a focus on cleanliness.

I originally posted Monday afternoon and have noticed a decent uptick in attendance 3 days into the week. still not pre Covid full, but busy for sure.

I live Lifetime though. I was a member there for a while until a new gym opened basically in my backyard. I’ve been meaning to check out their new spot in the Biltmore just to see how it is vs the one up North.

Went to my city council meeting tonight and petitioned them to reopen. They said they are writing a letter to the state and asking to be allowed to reopen in the next few days. One of the city council members said he is going to push for us to open regardless of whether the state OK's it. But what they did say, was that they realize businesses and gyms are getting squeezed right now, and that they "don't have the ability" to enforce the closure, and that each business can decide for themselves whether they should open or not. They wouldn't say it straight out, for fear of the state coming down on them, but the implied message was "we won't force you to stay closed if you want to open." I called my buddy who owns the local gym and told him about it. He wants to hear it first hand from a city council member tomorrow when he meets before he acts in it. But I am hopeful it will happen soon.

Went to my city council meeting tonight and petitioned them to reopen. They said they are writing a letter to the state and asking to be allowed to reopen in the next few days. One of the city council members said he is going to push for us to open regardless of whether the state OK's it. But what they did say, was that they realize businesses and gyms are getting squeezed right now, and that they "don't have the ability" to enforce the closure, and that each business can decide for themselves whether they should open or not. They wouldn't say it straight out, for fear of the state coming down on them, but the implied message was "we won't force you to stay closed if you want to open." I called my buddy who owns the local gym and told him about it. He wants to hear it first hand from a city council member tomorrow when he meets before he acts in it. But I am hopeful it will happen soon.
What city is this??

There has been a loosening of restrictions. In Dubai you can take the mask down during sets to breathe.

Mike Thurston: An Englishman & An Irishman Walk Into A Gym... Full Chest & Shoulder Workout

here in the LA area Socal there's been basically 0 updates on it, sucks balls.

This story says gyms in California will start to open next Friday. It will only include certain counties at first. I'm not sure if LA or Orange County will be among the first to reopen.

ONCE AGAIN, CLOSED FOR THE WEEKEND!

House of Pain Gyms open up next Monday here in St. Louis time to hang the bands up.

Gyms in Chicago think they might be able to reopen at some capacity later this month, maybe. Right now its still only 1 on 1 personal training and outdoor fitness classes of 10 or fewer people. Most larger gyms have not reopened, smaller storefront boutiques have in some cases.

Just got an email stating my gym is permanently closed. Kinda shocked as it’s part of the UC Health system here in CO.

Just got an email stating my gym is permanently closed. Kinda shocked as it’s part of the UC Health system here in CO.
Wow, that's incredibly bad. It was owned and run by the University and it closed!? Did they release a statement as to why? Did they do rehab there for patients?

Just got an email from my Gold's in Northern Virginia. They are opening up on Friday. NOVA gyms at 30% occupancy, DC area gyms at 50%. FINALLY!!!

I joined a hardcore gym a few weeks ago, pretty glad to be able to train (albeit with reservations).

Time to cancel my YMCA membership :)

I joined a hardcore gym a few weeks ago, pretty glad to be able to train (albeit with reservations).

Time to cancel my YMCA membership :)
The Village People do not approve!:cool:

UK Update:

Gyms are still closed and will remain closed until mid- July at earliest.
That sucks, but at least we're getting paid for sitting at home.

Luckily my gyms been open during the whole pandemic...but I live in a red state that doesn't believe in lock downs

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131