over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

The gym I go to has been open for about two months now and the number of people coming in has really not changed since they opened. I see no real increase or decrease in the numbers, at least when I am there. I thought that people would slowly come back, but o don’t think that is the case in this gym. It feels as if those who will come back have already for the most part. The recent increase in virus around the country have not changed the numbers either. I think many are staying away until a vaccine or maybe just with the extended break have lost interest. I have seen a couple new people come in to your place and maybe sign up, but not many.

Anyone else notice this in their gym or are people coming back still?

gym etiquette is better. People pick up their weights, wipe stuff down, it’s actually nice. Hopefully afterthe virus calms down these things stay in place. They are a big help to the staff as well as being nice for the other members.

The gym I go to has been open for about two months now and the number of people coming in has really not changed since they opened. I see no real increase or decrease in the numbers, at least when I am there. I thought that people would slowly come back, but o don’t think that is the case in this gym. It feels as if those who will come back have already for the most part. The recent increase in virus around the country have not changed the numbers either. I think many are staying away until a vaccine or maybe just with the extended break have lost interest. I have seen a couple new people come in to your place and maybe sign up, but not many.

Anyone else notice this in their gym or are people coming back still?

gym etiquette is better. People pick up their weights, wipe stuff down, it’s actually nice. Hopefully afterthe virus calms down these things stay in place. They are a big help to the staff as well as being nice for the other members.

My gym hasn't really changed at all. I'm just curious if there will be another shut down though.

Probably some truth in what you guys say, but it still doesn't change the fact that the government lied to us. That drastically affects the trust that the people have for the government. People that had fully trusted the government no longer do. In the long run the lie might have done more harm than good. Now whenever the government comes out with a recommendation, true or not, people are much more likely not to follow it.
facts, people are really upset about the people not trusting anyone but everyday you see hospitals nationwide back tracking on numbers or lying about motorcycle deaths counting as covid, lol. That's a recipe for not trusting something. Im in the medical field and wouldnt be shocked if those death numbers are off by the 10s of thousands and that would lower the death rate even more.

facts, people are really upset about the people not trusting anyone but everyday you see hospitals nationwide back tracking on numbers or lying about motorcycle deaths counting as covid, lol. That's a recipe for not trusting something. Im in the medical field and wouldnt be shocked if those death numbers are off by the 10s of thousands and that would lower the death rate even more.
If you look at those figures from the CDC I posted on a thread here, you can see that covid-19 is no more deadly than the common flu for kids, but as the age goes up so does the rate. This virus is definitely much more deadly to those with health problems and senior citizens. Even if # s are inflated, I dont think they are so much as to make the death rate that much greater than the seasonal flu.

I also think the stats support that the death rate is going down more now probably due to better treatments. Maybe some of that is also more accurate diagnosis of cause of death.

That big chart i posted on here showed a lot of detailed data on deaths and the causes. Cant remember what thread I posted it on.

Fatality rate is <1%

I get being safe and all, and not to be selfish, but I don’t see why Murphy hasn’t opened NJ gyms. As i previously said tho, I got my little home gym together, and I will continue to workout in my garage/driveway for the foreseeable future. I don’t see this ending well for gyms

My wife just told me she saw on Channel 12 that Atilis gym (in NJ) won their court case this afternoon and have been opened since May and will now stay open. This may be the light we have been looking for, hopefully other gyms in NJ follow suit

My wife just told me she saw on Channel 12 that Atilis gym (in NJ) won their court case this afternoon and have been opened since May and will now stay open. This may be the light we have been looking for, hopefully other gyms in NJ follow suit

Good, no gym should have been closed ever. Open defianance needs to happen. I see they are talking about locking us down in my state again soon.

As the governor in my state changed the phase 3 guide lines from 50 person gatherings to 10 people. I don't expect gyms to open any time soon and maybe not till next year.

If you look at those figures from the CDC I posted on a thread here, you can see that covid-19 is no more deadly than the common flu for kids, but as the age goes up so does the rate. This virus is definitely much more deadly to those with health problems and senior citizens. Even if # s are inflated, I dont think they are so much as to make the death rate that much greater than the seasonal flu.

I also think the stats support that the death rate is going down more now probably due to better treatments. Maybe some of that is also more accurate diagnosis of cause of death.

That big chart i posted on here showed a lot of detailed data on deaths and the causes. Cant remember what thread I posted it on.
Let's not forget the death rate in many hard hit states is going down because many of those who were most at risk already got sick and died. It is sad to think in this way but it is an unfortunate reality in places like new york city and in my shitty home state of NJ as well as many other major metropolitan areas.

Let's not forget the death rate in many hard hit states is going down because many of those who were most at risk already got sick and died. It is sad to think in this way but it is an unfortunate reality in places like new york city and in my shitty home state of NJ as well as many other major metropolitan areas.
This is true, mostly for areas like NYC that got hit so hard. Detroit would be another. One other factor is some have immunity now from already being sick. Even if it isnt full immunity, there is some benefit there unless this is unlike anything this earth has ever seen. Areas that havent been hit hard yet are going to get nailed bad during this fall/winter when everybody is cooped up inside together while areas like NYC may not have it bad at all.

I suppose this is possible but it's really hard to predict nationwide because of the sheer size and geographic diversity of the country and all the different regions. THere are just so many factors to consider...

I suppose this is possible but it's really hard to predict nationwide because of the sheer size and geographic diversity of the country and all the different regions. THere are just so many factors to consider...
Yes. I am a bit intrigued by the whole thing. I find it interesting, epidemiology. I never studied it in college, but do have a BS in Biology. I will be surprised if NYC gets hit as hard as it did the first time. If it does not hit hard, the politicians there will say its because of the measures they took to stop it.

Yes. I am a bit intrigued by the whole thing. I find it interesting, epidemiology. I never studied it in college, but do have a BS in Biology. I will be surprised if NYC gets hit as hard as it did the first time. If it does not hit hard, the politicians there will say its because of the measures they took to stop it.

I am waiting to see the antibody data from NYC in about october from the cases in April. I want to see if they decrease and if so by how much looking at asymptomatic, mild, hospitalized and ICU level patients. We dont know if it even offers any protection yet. My guess is that it does but we will then have to figure out at what titer level does it offer protection and how much protection.

It is going to be "interesting" looking at this data and seeing if certain antibodies work against the different classes of spike proteins they are seeing. Only time will answer these questions.

I do think that NYC and NJ will get hit hard again in october/nov for a variety of reasons. I hope not though. It was very tough on my friends working in those hospitals but hopefully everyone will be better prepared.

I am waiting to see the antibody data from NYC in about october from the cases in April. I want to see if they decrease and if so by how much looking at asymptomatic, mild, hospitalized and ICU level patients. We dont know if it even offers any protection yet. My guess is that it does but we will then have to figure out at what titer level does it offer protection and how much protection.

It is going to be "interesting" looking at this data and seeing if certain antibodies work against the different classes of spike proteins they are seeing. Only time will answer these questions.

I do think that NYC and NJ will get hit hard again in october/nov for a variety of reasons. I hope not though. It was very tough on my friends working in those hospitals but hopefully everyone will be better prepared.
Yeah, they should be more prepared this time from the experience. Arent there treatments now that seem to work, like remdesivir? Hydroxychloroquine seems to help if given really early on. Youd think after so many were sick with it already that those people wont end up in the hospital for the 2nd round since they have some sort of protection even if it is small. They have no idea what percent of their population had it already, but its a lot higher than recorded since testing wasnt widely available yet.

Yeah, they should be more prepared this time from the experience. Arent there treatments now that seem to work, like remdesivir? Hydroxychloroquine seems to help if given really early on. Youd think after so many were sick with it already that those people wont end up in the hospital for the 2nd round since they have some sort of protection even if it is small. They have no idea what percent of their population had it already, but its a lot higher than recorded since testing wasnt widely available yet.

That depends on how much protection antibodies offer and at what titer level. If these titers are dropping at the rate that some studies are suggesting i would not be suprised if at 6 months later many of the people who previously tested positive no longer had titer levels high enough to convey any sort of real protection. Those are small studies from china and italy that i read.

The other "issue" is lets say you have a small cell mediated T cell response but ur humoral responses has greatly been reduced. You may think well hey maybe i still have some protection but just not as much... umm..maybe but we dont know..but lets say in some situations your body mounts a response but its not large enough to overcome the virus ( protection) but its a more prounouced T cell response ( think autoimmune type stuff). If thats the case i could argue that could make you MORE sick. Remember the well done studies on dexamethasone? Why did that help? Well it reduced your immune system a bit so the inflammatory response wasnt as strong causing the pulmonary edema. But if you body mounts a larger immune response but not large enough to beat the virus you could be dealing with higher levels of inflammation...

The truth of the matter is we dont know if antibodies offer protection, at what titer level they do, how long does that protection last and we dont know what our immune response is going to be if titers drop below the level thats may offer protection but we get exposed again...

We have the best minds in the world trying to figure this out and im just guessing as much as the next guy.

Not being an "alarmist" but this is just how viruses work and the immune system. We are still learning more about this specific one.

If i had tested positive for covid back in March id still be wearing my n95 foodshopping until we learned more about the antibodies.

That depends on how much protection antibodies offer and at what titer level. If these titers are dropping at the rate that some studies are suggesting i would not be suprised if at 6 months later many of the people who previously tested positive no longer had titer levels high enough to convey any sort of real protection. Those are small studies from china and italy that i read.

The other "issue" is lets say you have a small cell mediated T cell response but ur humoral responses has greatly been reduced. You may think well hey maybe i still have some protection but just not as much... umm..maybe but we dont know..but lets say in some situations your body mounts a response but its not large enough to overcome the virus ( protection) but its a more prounouced T cell response ( think autoimmune type stuff). If thats the case i could argue that could make you MORE sick. Remember the well done studies on dexamethasone? Why did that help? Well it reduced your immune system a bit so the inflammatory response wasnt as strong causing the pulmonary edema. But if you body mounts a larger immune response but not large enough to beat the virus you could be dealing with higher levels of inflammation...

The truth of the matter is we dont know if antibodies offer protection, at what titer level they do, how long does that protection last and we dont know what our immune response is going to be if titers drop below the level thats may offer protection but we get exposed again...

We have the best minds in the world trying to figure this out and im just guessing as much as the next guy.

Not being an "alarmist" but this is just how viruses work and the immune system. We are still learning more about this specific one.

If i had tested positive for covid back in March id still be wearing my n95 foodshopping until we learned more about the antibodies.
This being a "coronavirus, can it be that radically different from the others? I know that each fall a new flu vaccine comes out. They say that each year there are different strains in there, but are some strains the same as the previous year? How long does immunity for the other viruses last?

This being a "coronavirus, can it be that radically different from the others? I know that each fall a new flu vaccine comes out. They say that each year there are different strains in there, but are some strains the same as the previous year? How long does immunity for the other viruses last?

I believe the antibodies for SARS and MERS lasted about two years maybe a bit more. But you have to keep in mind that those fizzled out so we never really got to see if those antibodies protected people in the wild.

Secondly, this virus hasnt been behaving like many of the classical coronoviruses. R naught seems to be higher, spike protein properties are different, other systemic issues. Many policy comments in feb and march were based on other coronoviruses and making our best educated guess. I HOPE immunity lasts that long and gives good protection but we dont know yet.

We should have more data coming out of china soon and europe which will give us a better understanding. Unfortunately USA is going to have the most long term data...

The owners of Atilis gym in NJ were arrested. The owners removed their doors because NJ locked them out a few weeks ago. They were living in the gym and kept it open but they were arrested today.

The owners of Atilis gym in NJ were arrested. The owners removed their doors because NJ locked them out a few weeks ago. They were living in the gym and kept it open but they were arrested today.

I've also seen states and counties threaten to arrest people who test positive but dont quarantine, ankle monitors etc. Crazy this stuff is allowed to happen in america. Things we once thought unfathomable are now not even eye opening and being accepted

NY Update: Hearing is set for Aug 20th. Decision will be made the day after. If court rules in our favor, NY gyms could be reopen August 22nd.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws