over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

I'm going on my yearly trip to the Jersey shore in a couple weeks. Looks like the Atilis in Wildwood and Egg Town are open, based on what I am seeing on Insta. Thought they were closed? But now look open? Anybody down that area?

The business license for Atilis gym has been revoked.

The outdoor gym above is only for those who will commit to a year long membership.

The business license for Atilis gym has been revoked.

The outdoor gym above is only for those who will commit to a year long membership.

But it looks like people are working out inside. I am just basing this off of what I am seeing on Instagram, as recent as yesterday. Not trying to doubt you, but if Instagram is any kind of reputable source lol, people are getting in to workout.

The one in Bellmawr lost their business license yesterday so not sure what happens from here. I know the owner said they were going to keep fighting.

Is Egg harbor and wildwood Atilis open?

The one in Bellmawr lost their business license yesterday so not sure what happens from here. I know the owner said they were going to keep fighting.

Is Egg harbor and wildwood Atilis open?

Yes, that's what I am seeing on instagram.. Egg Harbor and Wildwood letting people in to workout, even though they are not supposed to. I'll be there in a couple weeks so I'll know for sure. The Bellmawr location is another animal. Chris doesn't own that one, he let those guys franchise it and he regrets doing it.

What are your membership rates at the moment?? Lol

Love it lol. I’ll tell you what, none of this shit was cheap and I don’t care. I break my ass at work, I take care of my family and gym time is my only vice. You can always make money but life is a one shot deal, we all gotta live it the way we want and enjoy every second.

New Jersey's Atilis Gym, which reopened against COVID-19 emergency orders, loses business license

BELLMAWR, N.J. — A New Jersey gym that reopened against statewide pandemic orders has lost its business license.

The 5-1 vote by the Bellmawr Borough Council on Tuesday night came nine days after the owners of Atilis Gym kicked in a plywood barrier installed by authorities after a state judge found the gym in contempt for violating court-ordered limits on indoor operations.

The gym’s owners, Frank Trumbetti and Ian Smith, have also defied COVID-19 emergency orders imposed by Gov. Phil Murphy and New Jersey Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli.

The license revocation took effect immediately, but patrons continued to use the gym Wednesday.

At Tuesday's meeting, a lawyer for the gym owners argued the business did not threaten public safety.

“You’re saying they violated safety standards?” asked attorney John McCann. “What’s the standard?”

“Where’s the evidence that they’re a danger?” continued the attorney, who claimed the gym is “the safest place in New Jersey right now.”

Prior to the vote, Bellmawr Police Captain Michael Draham described repeated violations of shutdown orders at the gym.

The borough’s zoning officer, Jim Burleigh, also said the gym had failed to request township approval before moving some exercise equipment into the parking lot for patrons’ use.

Burleigh asserted large pieces of equipment outside the business could be a hazard for children.

McCann, however, argued borough officials had not shown the gym was a threat to public health. He contended no gym patrons have been infected by the coronavirus, attributing that information to Trumbetti and Smith.

“I take my clients at their word,” said the attorney, who noted Trumbetti's mother had died from COVID-19.

McCann also said council members should require proof that the gym is a health risk.

“Demand the science from the state,” McCann said.

“The Atilis Gym would close tomorrow if we could see the science,” he added.

The state Attorney General’s Office has cited scientific reports to support the view that “extensive and prolonged interactions (at gyms) continue to present significant risks."

In a May 22 court filing, the state noted a study from South Korea found the risk of infection in gyms “is high, perhaps higher than other confined indoor spaces in which people remain for extended period (sic) of time."

The gym controversy has drawn sign-carrying, flag-waving supporters to the Bellmawr business and led to appearances by Trumbetti and Smith on national television.

In a Facebook post Sunday, Smith predicted the council session would be "very clearly an extension of Murphy's will." Smith also said he and Trumbetti were prepared to live at the gym in an effort to prevent its closing.

Several protest participants were among audience members who sharply criticized the council’s vote. Among other points, they claimed the COVID-19 death toll has been inflated and that the governor’s emergency orders are unconstitutional.

The license revocation “was damaging and it doesn’t promote unity,” said Dawn Fantasia, a Sussex County freeholder who attended the meeting remotely.

The only Bellmawr residents to speak supported the council’s vote.

“I just wanted to say, ‘Thank you,’” said Jesse Jamison.

Kathleen Mortka said her initial support for the gym ended when promised safety guidelines were not implemented.

"There are photos on social media … showing unmasked people who were not social distancing," Mortka told the council. She said that showed "they did not care about me or any other patrons."

Murphy closed gyms statewide under a March 16 order intended to curb the spread of COVID-19, which is blamed for more than 14,000 confirmed deaths and more than 1,800 probable deaths in New Jersey.

Persichilli issued another shutdown order May 20 after the gym reopened without authorization. The gym was allowed to reopen on June 15 to accommodate retail businesses inside the building.

The state took the gym back to court last month, alleging "wanton violation" of a court order that allowed only individualized instruction inside the building.

Superior Court Judge Robert Lougy in Trenton issued the contempt finding on July 24, setting the stage for Trumbetti and Smith to force their way into the closed gym on Aug. 1.

Atilis gym was on TV explaining how they would follow intense safety protocols, masks, alcohol, temp scanning, etc.
Instagram is full of posts by people showing this was not the case.

This is why we can't have nice things... ;)

Atilis gym was on TV explaining how they would follow intense safety protocols, masks, alcohol, temp scanning, etc.
Instagram is full of posts by people showing this was not the case.

This is why we can't have nice things... ;)

They should have banned phones in the gym, problem solved. And if people were that concerned they or family may get sick from a virus that they need masks and to wipe things down, they had no business entering a gym, pure hypocrisy and now a business owner pays the price for their selfishness. If I was a gym owner at this time, phone gets held behind desk and it may be picked up after workout is complete.

Why do people feel the need to post their workout on their phones? Stuff like that should be banned regardless of the current situation.

Why do people feel the need to post their workout on their phones? Stuff like that should be banned regardless of the current situation.

It sounds like people just wanted to snitch to me I didnt see the videos. But I agree, some have a legit purpose (like mountaindog showing exercises) others just gotta have attention on them at all times.

It sounds like people just wanted to snitch to me I didnt see the videos. But I agree, some have a legit purpose (like mountaindog showing exercises) others just gotta have attention on them at all times.

Or just have low self-esteem and need the "likes" to feel better about themselves lol

Atilis in Egg Harbor Closed last week. I've been a member for a month and drove over an hour to get there and their doors were locked and they were not letting anyone in. THey said several days before this that too many people were posting on Instagram and they though they might get shut down. Dissapointed but not surprised it happenned. I live close to the outdoor gym in Morganville so I joined that one and am about to go for a workout. If anyone has updates about atillis EHT please let me know here in the form or on PM. THanks :cool:

I am hearing there *might* be an announcement tomorrow regarding gyms in NYS reopening. My source tells me the NYS Attorney General had until today to submit cause for the Aug 20 hearing but asked for a 24 hour extension. It was granted. That's why I think we might get something tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Atilis in Egg Harbor Closed last week. I've been a member for a month and drove over an hour to get there and their doors were locked and they were not letting anyone in. THey said several days before this that too many people were posting on Instagram and they though they might get shut down. Dissapointed but not surprised it happenned. I live close to the outdoor gym in Morganville so I joined that one and am about to go for a workout. If anyone has updates about atillis EHT please let me know here in the form or on PM. THanks :cool:

Great gym. I go there every time I am on vacation in August/September. Going to be a major bummer if they are closed when I come down in a couple weeks.

Yeah, that's what I saw on Instagram and thought maybe they would be open. Why do people insist on posting in the gym.

I am hearing there *might* be an announcement tomorrow regarding gyms in NYS reopening. My source tells me the NYS Attorney General had until today to submit cause for the Aug 20 hearing but asked for a 24 hour extension. It was granted. That's why I think we might get something tomorrow. Stay tuned.

I read over 1500 gyms suing NY. Hopefully they get to open!

It’s not the videos posted by members.

The owner has defied the governors orders multiple times. Recently, they boarded up the doors, arrested him for contempt of court, and the next day he kicked down the doors. I mean, what do you expect to happen?

They revoked their business license the other day, and he posts on IG the next day, they are still open. Lol

hes pissed off the governor and probably going to go broke fighting the state. They are now looking to fine him 10-15K a day for remaining open.

It’s not the videos posted by members.

The owner has defied the governors orders multiple times. Recently, they boarded up the doors, arrested him for contempt of court, and the next day he kicked down the doors. I mean, what do you expect to happen?

They revoked their business license the other day, and he posts on IG the next day, they are still open. Lol

hes pissed off the governor and probably going to go broke fighting the state. They are now looking to fine him 10-15K a day for remaining open.

He's a hero in my book, a shame how society treats good people.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws