over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

Also to note that if you follow the link to the father's account he doesn't know which type (or even if) mask he had on, and the cause of death is unknown.
There were no school doctor's present at the time of the boy's collapse.
Are you saying that your oxygen intake isn’t affected when wearing a face covering?

In my gym - maybe 10% of the people are keeping the mask above their nose. And nearly every single person is touching their mask and face etc throughout the workout. The Atilis Gym in NJ hasn’t had a single case as far as they know and no one wears a mask there. Going back months.

Lol - you’re telling me that it proves the exact opposite? Please explain this to me when the actual numbers show there is no significant difference. And yes it’s easy to find- but every single article written about the study injects an opinion that distracts from the bottom line. Please provide the studies you have read that provide data of efficacy. Masks have been studied since the Spanish flu as a measure of protection and you will not find anything in any respectable medical journal on the subject because they dint work. In several countries in South America they had nearly 100% compliance and some of the highest number of deaths per infection. This mask obsession isn’t even logical. If you want to suggest it slows the spread overall- ok I’ll give you that. The problem is that you simply cannot control a virus outside of herd immunity. That’s a non disputable fact. Masks were initially to be work along with lockdowns to slow the spread- to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed.

Seriously? I cant continue this conversation. You are literally denying factual evidence that masks help - and no one says they will obliterate the virus.
I live the life of high mask use every day. The statistics speak for themselves, I won't get into it.

I'm not going down this rabbit hole on this forum yet again with people who have an agenda that conflicts with reality.

Are you saying that your oxygen intake isn’t affected when wearing a face covering?

Edit: I'm not wasting my time further here....

Hahah not in that case, sorry if I was unclear.
I mean they are closing bars and restaurants early to cut down on the drinking.

I am sure many drink after the gym in normal times though.

This is how it has worked for me.

Work virtually, get paid for 40 hours when I work about 10 a week. so now I have more free time, so a non-bar person, me, now goes out every night. I only drink water, not into alcohol. And the bars close at 10 so they are just as packed, just the regular show up earlier, and addition people like me because we not aren't working and have free time to go out. LOL

This has been a thing for years now. People were wearing masks to reduce their oxygen intake before the pandemic. It's supposed to improve your athletic performance when you're able to breathe freely again.

I hate it personally. I was stuck without a gym for almost all of 2020, so I'll put up with it for now. It's an inconvenience compared to not being able to lift at all. I'll be the first one to lift without a mask once I have the vaccine and they lift the mask mandate. I don't think most people will continue to wear masks here once the pandemic situation is better.

Seriously? I cant continue this conversation. You are literally denying factual evidence that masks help - and no one says they will obliterate the virus.
I live the life of high mask use every day. The statistics speak for themselves, I won't get into it.

I'm not going down this rabbit hole on this forum yet again with people who have an agenda that conflicts with reality.
We can respectfully disagree.

This has been a thing for years now. People were wearing masks to reduce their oxygen intake before the pandemic. It's supposed to improve your athletic performance when you're able to breathe freely again.

I hate it personally. I was stuck without a gym for almost all of 2020, so I'll put up with it for now. It's an inconvenience compared to not being able to lift at all. I'll be the first one to lift without a mask once I have the vaccine and they lift the mask mandate. I don't think most people will continue to wear masks here once the pandemic situation is better.
Limiting your oxygen intake during training is an old method. People would also train in areas of high altitude - ie pro boxers. I woukdbt recommend it for someone just starting working out let’s say. Trying to lose weight and using a treadmill. People catch heart attacks on the treadmill more than you think and I don’t think wearing a mask helps.

I actually saw 2 people back in the day doing this mask training. Neither looked particularly fit. Luckily the fad didn't catch on
Limiting your oxygen intake during training is an old method. People would also train in areas of high altitude - ie pro boxers. I woukdbt recommend it for someone just starting working out let’s say. Trying to lose weight and using a treadmill. People catch heart attacks on the treadmill more than you think and I don’t think wearing a mask helps.
This. We used to have a couple at my gym, they had their mask on doing their oxygen thing but they looked like death and weren't particularly fit. Proper training and nutrition would have given them better gains than the mask thing imo. Talk about a fad that thankfully never caught on.

There’s obviously much debate on this cause some gyms don’t allow you to wear a mask on the treadmill and they either moved them further apart or you have to skip one if there are a bunch of them as in bigger gyms.

I can say 100% that it is not affected much at all when you are sedentary. I know because I've been in the ER to get defibrillated 6 times since covid-19 hit. I have to wear a mask while my heart is in ventricular tachycardia. It feels like shit.

The whole time my PO2 is being measured, finger sensor, and it is normal. I tried pulling down my mask for a minute and the number went up maybe 1 at best.

Now doing that during exercise should be done for research. Im going to guess that the PO2 is going to be considerably lower. One has to wonder too if CO 2 might build up a bit too since it's even hard to exhale. Its one thing to wear a mask while you just sit around, but a totally different situation while you are exercising hard. Ive got heart failure and asthma, and there's no way I would wear one while working out hard.

There haven't been any reports though of people passing out while wearing a mask. Time will tell.

Yeah, its similar to training at high altitude. Probably ok for really healthy people, but not for folks like me and the elderly.

I actually saw 2 people back in the day doing this mask training. Neither looked particularly fit. Luckily the fad didn't catch on

This. We used to have a couple at my gym, they had their mask on doing their oxygen thing but they looked like death and weren't particularly fit. Proper training and nutrition would have given them better gains than the mask thing imo. Talk about a fad that thankfully never caught on.
D
I can say 100% that it is not affected much at all when you are sedentary. I know because I've been in the ER to get defibrillated 6 times since covid-19 hit. I have to wear a mask while my heart is in ventricular tachycardia. It feels like shit.

The whole time my PO2 is being measured, finger sensor, and it is normal. I tried pulling down my mask for a minute and the number went up maybe 1 at best.

Now doing that during exercise should be done for research. Im going to guess that the PO2 is going to be considerably lower. One has to wonder too if CO 2 might build up a bit too since it's even hard to exhale. Its one thing to wear a mask while you just sit around, but a totally different situation while you are exercising hard. Ive got heart failure and asthma, and there's no way I would wear one while working out hard.

There haven't been any reports though of people passing out while wearing a mask. Time will tell.
You’re right they actually could do a test like that. They tried to have done HS kids on a basketball team wear masks but thankfully thought better of that idea. My main concern with the masks on a daily basis are bacteria buildup. People are getting rashes on their faces and more oral issues. I’m talking those who have to wear masks for 8-10hrs not if you’re just going to the store or whatever. I am not opposed to wearing my mask in the store moreso out of respect for the workers.

I wouldn't do it on purpose. I'm just trying to find a positive view of an uncomfortable situation. I was stuck with no gym for almost a year. This is better than not being able to lift.

There's another positive development today. My wife just felt me up and said "Your body feels like stone now." :) It feels great to be getting back in shape after all the shit that happened in 2020.

If this is an ongoing issue, I fear this may go im for awhile, I sure hope some colleges do a study on exercising with a mask. It really would be fairly simple.

Im thinking that it could possibly raise hematocrit if you wear a mask all day at work and while exercising. Id like to see blood work before and then after 3 months or more of mask wearing.

Yeah, its similar to training at high altitude. Probably ok for really healthy people, but not for folks like me and the elderly.
Not only that- some healthy people go crazy
I wouldn't do it on purpose. I'm just trying to find a positive view of an uncomfortable situation. I was stuck with no gym for almost a year. This is better than not being able to lift.

There's another positive development today. My wife just felt me up and said "Your body feels like stone now." :) It feels great to be getting back in shape after all the shit that happened in 2020.
i agree brother and your approach is the best approach. Always best to look at things positively and I’m happy to be back in the gym myself. Can only do so much with my kettlebells in an apt. Lol

If this is an ongoing issue, I fear this may go im for awhile, I sure hope some colleges do a study on exercising with a mask. It really would be fairly simple.

Im thinking that it could possibly raise hematocrit if you wear a mask all day at work and while exercising. Id like to see blood work before and then after 3 months or more of mask wearing.

I think you’re on to something - especially if this continues.

People with health conditions could take it slow and rest between sets. I'm trying to get 30 sets done in 60 minutes, 15 to 20 reps per set. That's what has gotten me the best results in the past. It's working; I'm just feeling extra out of shape compared to before. I bet these workouts will be a breeze once they lift the mask requirement.

People with health conditions could take it slow and rest between sets. I'm trying to get 30 sets done in 60 minutes, 15 to 20 reps per set. That's what has gotten me the best results in the past. It's working; I'm just feeling extra out of shape compared to before. I bet these workouts will be a breeze once they lift the mask requirement.
Yes, once its all over you will probably be shocked at how well you feel exercising.

Masks may be stupid but they are a very minor inconvenience. Who cares if they work or not, just play along and wear until next fall when people have go the shot then toss them. If you happen to like them, keep them. It’s not like we have to wear like hazmat suits or something. We have a few more months of this, once the vaccines are in people game over, till then who cares. I mean we suffer through diets, hard training, bodybuilders do a lot of hard stuff, we can wear a mask for a bit longer. Easy for me to say since my gym does not require it!!!! But it is about others, there is an old lady who comes to the gym who literally swiftly walks away and almost cowers in fear if people walk by her. It is odd she would come, but when I see her I do my best to stay as far away from her as possible, even switching machines, etc. Some is I want to be nice, part is honestly seeing her look so freaked out annoys me, and yes she does not wear a mask either. The mean side of me wants to snap at her and tell her to go home if she is that scared so avoiding her helps me avoid that temptation haha!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131